State Powers - 10th Amendment Issues

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
2BFree
captain of 100

State Powers - 10th Amendment Issues

Post by 2BFree »

I asked both candidates running for State Legislature (Dist 63) the following question and following is their reply.

Q. Bro. Sanpei/Jarvis

I have some questions for you that will help me in deciding who I will support tomorrow. What is your position on State Powers of nullification of federal over reaching, unconstitutional federal mandates, actions and /or inaction? Will you stand up against federal tyranny in its many forms or kowtow to their every whim to gain access to federal funds as has been the status quo for so long?

Thanks

A. Bro Sanpei - I sent you a response to your facebook message before I read this where I quoted the 10th amendment and said the language is pretty clear to me.

"“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.” Is clear language to me.

States hold power over the Federal Government and the people hold the sovereign power of the country."

I feel like we're in a fight for the soul of America and if states don't collectively make a stand then we will loose our freedoms. I am running to help assure my children have the same opportunities we have had - we owe them that and I will fight for those rights.

A. Bro. Jarvis - A. The Civil War and numerous Supreme Court cases have long ago decided this issue beyond any reasonable doubt: federal law trumps state law whenever they conflict. Our Utah taxpayers' money should be better spent on education and on things other than 'message bills' that will result in our fighting losing court cases.

The most effective way to exert state's rights is to elect federal candidates who will support them.

Guess which of the candidates I will be supporting?