We The People Must Reclaim Our Constitution

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Re: We The People Must Reclaim Our Constitution

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Here's a question:

Was it the wickedness of the country itself the cause of the gadiantons embedding themselves in government hierarchy? Or were they able to do this regardless of the morality of the country?

Example: Mitt Romney and Harry Reid

Were they able to sway mormons for voting for them? Yes.

Were (righteous) mormons voting for them? Yes.

That's why I believe spiritual righteousness and political "righteousness" can be viewed by many as two completely different animals.

By many here, saying that voting for-- lets say Harry Reid... shows that one is not in tune with the spirit and principles of righteousness. Then can one say that it could be a litmus test in knowing if one is spiritually righteous in their personal lives-- if they voted for Harry Reid?
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on November 12th, 2010, 9:19 am, edited 6 times in total.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:Here's a question:

Was it the wickedness of the country itself the cause of the gadiantons embedding themselves in government hierarchy? Or were they able to do this regardless of the morality of the country.
The scriptures say it was the wickedness.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Rosabella wrote:

Was it the wickedness of the country itself the cause of the gadiantons embedding themselves in government hierarchy? Or were they able to do this regardless of the morality of the country.

Where?

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:
Rosabella wrote:

Where?
There are a lot. I will have to find them for you. I am having computer issues right now. My mouse is not working right, so I will have to post them later. I am sure others will be able to post some too

genesal
captain of 100

Post by genesal »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:
Rosabella wrote:

Where?
Helaman 7

Nephites
• Because of the increasing threat of the Gadianton robbers, Nephi told the people to repent or perish. He announced the murder of the chief judge and revealed his killer (see Hel. 7–9).

Nephi is rejected in the north and returns to Zarahemla—He prays upon his garden tower and then calls upon the people to repent or perish. Between 23 and 20 B.C.
1 Behold, now it came to pass in the *sixty and ninth year of the reign of the judges over the people of the Nephites, that Nephi, the son of Helaman, are turned to the land of Zarahemla from the land northward.
2 For he had been forth among the people who were in the land northward, and did preach the word of God unto them, and did prophesy many things unto them;
3 And they did reject all his words, insomuch that he could not stay among them, but returned again unto the land of his nativity.
4 And seeing the people in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats—having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men;
5 Condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government, to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and, moreover, that they might the more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their own wills—
6 Now this great iniquity had come upon the Nephites, in the space of not many years; and when Nephi saw it, his heart was swollen with sorrow within his breast; and he did exclaim in the agony of his soul:
7 Oh, that I could have had my days in the days when my father Nephi first came out of the land of Jerusalem, that I could have joyed with him in the promised land; then were his people easy to be entreated, firm to keep the commandments of God, and slow to be led to do iniquity; and they were quick to hearken unto the words of the Lord—
8 Yea, if my days could have been in those days, then would my soul have had joy in the righteousness of my brethren.
9 But behold, I am consigned that these are my days, and that my soul shall be filled with asorrow because of this the wickedness of my brethren.
10 And behold, now it came to pass that it was upon a tower, which was in the garden of Nephi, which was by the highway which led to the chief market, which was in the city of Zarahemla; therefore, Nephi had bowed himself upon the tower which was in his garden, which tower was also near unto the garden gate by which led the highway.
11 And it came to pass that there were certain men passing by and saw Nephi as he was pouring out his soul unto God upon the atower; and they ran and told the people what they had seen, and the people came together in multitudes that they might know the cause of so great mourning for the wickedness of the people.
12 And now, when Nephi arose he beheld the multitudes of people who had gathered together.
13 And it came to pass that he opened his mouth and said unto them: Behold, why have ye gathered yourselves together? That I may tell you of your iniquities?
14 Yea, because I have got upon my tower that I might pour out my soul unto my God, because of the exceeding sorrow of my heart, which is because of your iniquities!
15 And because of my mourning and lamentation ye have gathered yourselves together, and do marvel; yea, and ye have great need to marvel; yea, ye ought to marvel because ye are given away that the devil has got so great hold upon your hearts.
16 Yea, how could you have given way to the enticing of him who is seeking to hurl away your souls down to everlasting misery and endless wo?
17 O repent ye, repent ye! Why will ye die? Turn ye, turn ye unto the Lord your God. Why has he forsaken you?
18 It is because you have hardened your hearts; yea, ye will not hearken unto the voice of the good shepherd; yea, ye have provoked him to anger against you.
19 And behold, instead of gathering you, except ye will repent, behold, he shall scatter you forth that ye shall become meat for dogs and wild beasts.
20 O, how could you have forgotten your God in the very day that he has delivered you?
21 But behold, it is to get again, to be praised of men, yea, and that ye might get gold and silver. And ye have set your hearts upon the riches and the vain things of this world, for the which ye do murder, and plunder, and steal, and bear false witness against your neighbor, and do all manner of iniquity.
22 And for this cause wo shall come unto you except ye shall repent. For if ye will not repent, behold, this great city, and also all those great cities which are round about, which are in the land of our possession, shall be taken away that ye shall have no place in them; for behold, the Lord will not grant unto you strength, as he has hitherto done, to withstand against your enemies.
23 For behold, thus saith the Lord: I will not show unto the wicked of my strength, to one more than the other, save it be unto those who repent of their sins, and hearken unto my words. Now therefore, I would that ye should behold, my brethren, that it shall be better for the Lamanites than for you except ye shall repent.
24 For behold, they are more righteous than you, for they have not sinned against that great knowledge which ye have received; therefore the Lord will be merciful unto them; yea, he will lengthen out their days and increase their seed, even when thou shalt be utterly destroyed except thou shalt repent.
25 Yea, wo be unto you because of that great abomination which has come among you; and ye have united yourselves unto it, yea, to that secret band which was established by Gadianton!
26 Yea, wo shall come unto you because of that pride which ye have suffered to enter your hearts, which has lifted you up beyond that which is good because of your exceedingly great riches!
27 Yea, wo be unto you because of your wickedness and abominations!
28 And except ye repent ye shall perish; yea, even your lands shall be taken from you, and ye shall be destroyed from off the face of the earth.
29 Behold now, I do not say that these things shall be, of myself, because it is not of myself that I know these things; but behold, I know that these things are true because the Lord God has made them known unto me, therefore I testify that they shall be.
* VERSE 1 (23 B.C.).
Last edited by genesal on November 12th, 2010, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

genesal
captain of 100

Post by genesal »

Helaman Chapter 11

24 And it came to pass that in the *eightieth year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi, there were a certain number of the dissenters from the people of Nephi, who had some years before gone over unto the Lamanites, and taken upon themselves the name of Lamanites, and also a certain number who were real descendants of the Lamanites, being stirred up to anger by them, or by those dissenters, therefore they commenced a awar with their brethren.
25 And they did commit murder and plunder; and then they would retreat back into the mountains, and into the wilderness and secret places, hiding themselves that they could not be discovered, receiving daily an addition to their numbers, inasmuch as there were dissenters that went forth unto them.
26 And thus in time, yea, even in the space of not many years, they became an exceedingly great band of robbers; and they did search out all the secret plans of Gadianton; and thus they became robbers of Gadianton.
27 Now behold, these robbers did make great havoc, yea, even great destruction among the people of Nephi, and also among the people of the Lamanites.
28 And it came to pass that it was expedient that there should be a stop put to this work of destruction; therefore they sent an army of strong men into the wilderness and upon the mountains to search out this band of robbers, and to destroy them.
29 But behold, it came to pass that in that same year they were driven back even into their own lands. And thus ended the eightieth year of the reign of the judges over the people of Nephi.
30 And it came to pass in the *commencement of the eighty and first year they did go forth again against this band of robbers, and did destroy many; and they were also visited with much destruction.
31 And they were again obliged to return out of the wilderness and out of the mountains unto their own lands, because of the exceeding greatness of the numbers of those robbers who infested the mountains and the wilderness.
32 And it came to pass that thus ended this year. And the robbers did still increase and wax strong, insomuch that they did defy the whole armies of the Nephites, and also of the Lamanites; and they did cause great fear to come unto the people upon all the face of the land.
33 Yea, for they did visit many parts of the land, and did do great destruction unto them; yea, did kill many, and did carry away others captive into the wilderness, yea, and more especially their women and their children.
34 Now this great evil, which came unto the people because of their iniquity, did stir them up again in remembrance of the Lord their God.
35 And thus ended the eighty and first year of the reign of the judges.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

As we know, the wickedness of our country has been increasing over the decades. Was it without help? I would say that the gadiantons have their hands in everything by infiltration: Politics, news, television shows, advertisements, music, education, etc.. Without the gadiantons first being in position to influence, we might not be in such a bad of a situation that we find ourselves in today.

Unfortunately those scriptures don't spell out which came first. Wickedness or infiltration.

Though, I do agree that in order to cleanse our country of these gadiantons, repentance is needed. Spiritually, yes--- hand in hand with a knowledge and a testimony of correct principles of liberty and freedom. Hence: the constitution and the original intent of the inspired founding fathers.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:As we know, the wickedness of our country has been increasing over the decades. Was it without help? I would say that the gadiantons have their hands in everything by infiltration: Politics, news, television shows, advertisements, music, education, etc.. Without the gadiantons first being in position to influence, we might not be in such a bad of a situation that we find ourselves in today.

Unfortunately those scriptures don't spell out which came first. Wickedness or infiltration.
I think it is very simple. If a people are righteous they cannot get above us, they might try be cannot. But we lose the protection of Father when we become wicked, therefore they can get above us.

genesal
captain of 100

Post by genesal »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:As we know, the wickedness of our country has been increasing over the decades. Was it without help? I would say that the gadiantons have their hands in everything by infiltration: Politics, news, television shows, advertisements, music, education, etc.. Without the gadiantons first being in position to influence, we might not be in such a bad of a situation that we find ourselves in today.

No the Gadiantons didn't gain power through the righteousness of the Nephites. Iniquity would logically have to come first.
Just as now in the present day. The Lord warned us that if we LET Secret Combinations flourish we would be destroyed.

There always was and always will be (til Christ ends them) Secret Combinations but they can't infiltrate us if we're righteous. They can and did infiltrate us in our present iniquities, as a Country.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

Was it the wickedness of the country itself the cause of the gadiantons embedding themselves in government hierarchy? Or were they able to do this regardless of the morality of the country?

That's why I believe spiritual righteousness and political "righteousness" can be viewed by many as two completely different animals.

By many here, saying that voting for-- lets say Harry Reid... shows that one is not in tune with the spirit and principles of righteousness. Then can one say that it could be a litmus test in knowing if one is spiritually righteous in their personal lives-- if they voted for Harry Reid?

It is very rare, if ever, that the 'righteous' would be deceived to vote for unrighteous & untrustworthy people. The reason they are 'righteous' is because they have the Holy Spirit as their guide & are not deceived to support evil & wolves in sheeps clothing.

Just because someone goes to church, serves in their callings well, prays & reads their scriptures, gives great talks & testimonies & even has a temple recommend & uses it, does not mean they are righteous. Many wicked people do these things & more. People are righteous because they have earned the Holy Spirit & thus cannot easily, if hardly ever, be deceived.

And the scriptures also say that evil people, Gadiantons, can still overcome & abuse & control 'righteous' people because of the law of agency & God allows the wicked to hurt the righteous. Being Righteous does not mean we will never be overcome by Gadiantons, personally or as a group.

In fact, it has been the norm for every society on earth to have most all wicked people, who persecute the few righteous among them, with just a few exceptions at times.

genesal
captain of 100

Post by genesal »

Amore Vero wrote:

It is very rare, if ever, that the 'righteous' would be deceived to vote for unrighteous & untrustworthy people. The reason they are 'righteous' is because they have the Holy Spirit as their guide & are not deceived to support evil & wolves in sheeps clothing.

Just because someone goes to church, serves in their callings well, prays & reads their scriptures, gives great talks & testimonies & even has a temple recommend & uses it, does not mean they are righteous. Many wicked people do these things & more. People are righteous because they have earned the Holy Spirit & thus cannot easily, if hardly ever, be deceived.

And the scriptures also say that evil people, Gadiantons, can still overcome & abuse & control 'righteous' people because of the law of agency & God allows the wicked to hurt the righteous. Being Righteous does not mean we will never be overcome by Gadiantons, personally or as a group.

In fact, it has been the norm for every society on earth to have most all wicked people, who persecute the few righteous among them, with just a few exceptions at times.
Persecute, yes, Infiltrate, no.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

genesal wrote:[Persecute, yes, Infiltrate, no.
It depends how you define 'infiltrate'. Gadiantons can take over & hold hostage even righteous people & societies, at least for awhile until God helps deliver them.

genesal
captain of 100

Post by genesal »

Amore Vero wrote:
It depends how you define 'infiltrate'. Gadiantons can take over & hold hostage even righteous people & societies, at least for awhile until God helps deliver them.
Infiltrate as they did in Helaman 7 and as they have today, through iniquity and not living the Gospel in both cases, I might add.
Israel wasn't put in slavery several times because they were righteousness, it was for their iniquity and stiffneckedness.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

genesal wrote:
Amore Vero wrote:
Infiltrate as they did in Helaman 7 and as they have today, through iniquity and not living the Gospel in both cases, I might add.
Israel wasn't put in slavery several times because they were righteousness, it was for their iniquity and stiffneckedness.
Mentions several times in Helaman about the wicked judges being afraid of the people (much like King Saul)....so they wouldn't get away with wickedness if the people weren't wicked also and allowed it on a macro level.

genesal
captain of 100

Post by genesal »

This is on a different vein of reclaiming our constitution but is part of it and important I think.

School forces student to remove Old Glory from bike
By The Scribe November 12, 2010 8:01 AM
http://www.gopusa.com/fresh-ink/2010/11 ... m-bike.php

Fresh Ink (Clear)

Political correctness runs amuck again. It seems there is a new story involving misguided school officials every week.

This time, eighth grader Cody Alicea is learning a lesson that no parent expects to be taught in an American school.

The latest story comes via KSBW from the Stanislaus School District in Denair, CA where a middle school student is not allowed to fly the American flag from his bicycle because other students have complained.

A Stanislaus County school is forcing a student to take an American flag off of his bike. Thirteen-year-old Cody Alicea put the flag there as a show of support for the veterans in his family. But officials at Denair Middle School told him he couldn't fly it. He said he was told some students had complained.

Obviously, the appropriate response to this would have been for school officials to tell the complainers that this is America, Old Glory is the American flag and it will fly on American soil or even American bikes. Any attempt to prevent it from flying should result in immediate discipline for the student who creates a disturbance or takes an action to interfere with private property.

That does not happen because school officials are terrified of ACLU lawsuits which immediately follow any attempt to defend American traditions.

Who are the complainers who so dislike our flag? Let's see how Superintendent Edward Parraz described them.

"Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."

Common sense has obviously deserted the officials of Stanislaus School District. Let's hope there are enough Americans left in this area of California to bring it back.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Repentance must, IMO, include befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land, awakening to our awful situation and opposing the secret combinations destroying our land, and learning of history, current events, prophecy, and of countries and kingdoms. We must do these things without being commanded is all things.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Rosabella wrote:

I think it is very simple. If a people are righteous they cannot get above us, they might try be cannot. But we lose the protection of Father when we become wicked, therefore they can get above us.

Are you saying that someone I know personally who is one of the most righteous people I know is wicked because he voted for Harry Reid?

What's the scripture that says something about not always being able to discern the intentions of men?
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on November 12th, 2010, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Or maybe we should just focus on being righteous and the heck with befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land, awakening to our awful situation and opposing the secret combinations destroying our land, and learning of history, current events, prophecy, and of countries and kingdoms, until the Church gives us more an clearer direction on these things.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

lundbaek wrote:Or maybe we should just focus on being righteous and the heck with befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land, awakening to our awful situation and opposing the secret combinations destroying our land, and learning of history, current events, prophecy, and of countries and kingdoms, until the Church gives us more an clearer direction on these things.

Unfortunately, many here would agree with that. :?

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:
lundbaek wrote:Or maybe we should just focus on being righteous and the heck with befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land, awakening to our awful situation and opposing the secret combinations destroying our land, and learning of history, current events, prophecy, and of countries and kingdoms, until the Church gives us more an clearer direction on these things.

Unfortunately, many here would agree with that. :?
But remember the Lord has said in modern revelation, “If ye are prepared ye shall not fear.” (D&C 38:30.) Are we prepared? God help us to be so for the tests of the days ahead.

With these prophetic warnings and assurances before us and evidences of evil increasing, Church members are asking: “Why is not the Church doing more to expose the evils of our society?” “Is there a great conspiracy?” “What can I do to fight false philosophies which have crept into our school systems and society in general?” “With the precarious political and economic conditions, should I prepare my sons and daughters for college and future careers?” “Is the Church the only answer to the problems about us, or are there other things we should be doing?”

It is easy to despair when we see about us the moorings of society slipping. We must remember, however, that the Lord sent His Saints into the world “to be a light unto the world, and to be the saviors of men.” (D&C 103:9.) This is a time when “Zion must arise and put on her beautiful garments.” (D&C 82:14.) The contrast between the Church and the world will be increasingly marked in the future, which contrast, we hope, will cause the Church to be more attractive to those in the world who desire to live according to God’s plan for us, His children.

The Church will always stand for that which is honest, virtuous, true and praiseworthy. Such a pronounced stand for righteousness constitutes a repudiation against every evil and all false philosophies. The First Presidency and the Twelve are not oblivious to false philosophies and evils and will continue to warn the world and the Saints as the Lord directs.

The Church’s mission is to declare the gospel of the kingdom to all the world, to redeem our kindred dead, and to perfect the Saints of the Church—a positive approach. Never in the history of the Church has there been such an expenditure of time, planning, and resources to accomplish this mission. In the final analysis, this effort is the only solution to the problems of the world.

When Jesus stood before Pilate, the Roman governor asked him whether or not He was a king. It was a political question. The Savior replied: “My kingdom is not of this world.” (John 18:36.) His answer is apropos today: The work of His kingdom is preeminently spiritual. The economic, political, and social problems facing this nation, as well as other nations, will be solved only with the help of God.

The days ahead will be sobering and will test the faith of the Saints. But we may obtain strength from the Lord’s assurances found in modern revelation. I quote:

“He will preserve the righteous by his power. … Wherefore, the righteous need not fear; … they shall be saved, even if it so be … by fire.” (1 Ne. 22:17.)

“I will fight your battles.” (D&C 105:14.) “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; … This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.” (3 Ne. 22:17.)

“Great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I preserve.” (Moses 7:61; italics added.)

The kingdom of God will not fail; it shall not be destroyed; it will not be left to other people; it will stand forever until “the kingdoms of this world [will] become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ.” (Rev. 11:15.)

Hear the prophecy of the Prophet Joseph Smith:

“No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.” (HC, 4:540.)

To Latter-day Saints the world over, we say: Let not your hearts be troubled. Keep the commandments of God. Follow the counsel of his living prophet, taking care not to exceed the counsel with your own private views. Teach your children to walk uprightly before the Lord. Pray in your homes morning and evening. Pray for civil magistrates and leaders even when you do not agree with them. Pray for the leaders of the Church. Pray, as you have been counseled, that the doors of nations of the world will be opened to the preaching of the gospel. Obey the laws of your country; rebel not against civil authority. Do your duty as citizens. “Do not yield to the bad, but always oppose it with good.” (Virgil.)

To all who have allegiance to the kingdom of God, we say: “Seek ye … first the kingdom of God.” (Matt. 6:33.) “Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations; And that the gathering together upon the land of Zion, and upon her stakes, may be for a defense, and for a refuge from the storm, and from wrath when it shall be poured out without mixture upon the whole earth.” (D&C 115:5–6.)

Yes, “Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth, that the inhabitants thereof may receive it, and be prepared for the days to come, in the which the Son of Man shall come down in heaven, clothed in the brightness of his glory, to meet the kingdom of God which is set up on the earth.

“Wherefore, may the kingdom of God go forth, that the kingdom of heaven may come.” (D&C 65:5–6.)

I bear humble witness that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the restored kingdom of God on earth today. Its message and blessings are for all of our Father’s children. It is the truth, to which I bear grateful testimony in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideN ... 82620aRCRD
Bold and Underline mine

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I don't think that Pres Benson would disagree with having people learn/teach to become more informed about constitutional principles. It seems like that's the point you're trying to make, Mummy. I don't disagree with you that it will take an act of God to preserve this nation because of how far we have gone in terms of wickedness. But God works through people to accomplish His will. Remember that.

p.s. If you agree with the Joseph Smith "white horse prophecy" than you'll remember that it's the "Elders" that come to save the constitution when it hangs by a thread. How can they come to save the constitution when they're ill-informed??
Last edited by InfoWarrior82 on November 12th, 2010, 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:Are you saying that someone I know personally who is one of the most righteous people I know is wicked because he voted for Harry Reid?

What's the scripture that says something about not always being able to discern the intentions of men?
Using the Holy Spirit to try to figure out a person's 'intentions' is one thing, but when a person's 'outward fruits, words & deeds' speak so loud & clear, a righteous person is rarely, if ever decieved. For it's by a person's 'fruits' not intentions, that we shall easily know them.

We must ask ourselves 'what is our 'test' or 'criteria' to know if a person is 'righteous' or not? We should be able if someone is righteous or not as easy as telling the night from the day. Or we will surely be deceived.
Last edited by Amore Vero on November 12th, 2010, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Amore Vero wrote:
InfoWarrior82 wrote:Are you saying that someone I know personally who is one of the most righteous people I know is wicked because he voted for Harry Reid?

Using the Holy Spirit to try to figure out a person's 'intentions' is one thing, but when a person's 'outward fruits, words & deeds' speak so loud & clear, a righteous person is rarely, if ever decieved.

We must ask ourselves 'what is our 'test' or 'criteria' to know if a person is 'righteous' or not? We should be able if someone is righteous or not as easy as telling the night from the day. Or we will surely be deceived.

So... yes? He is a wicked man?

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:So... yes? He is a wicked man?
If you think he was deceived, have 'you' figured out yet exactly 'why' he allowed himself to be deceived? Being deceived is a choice. We are held accountable if we let ourselves be deceived.

The scriptures say that only those who don't let themselves be deceived are righteous & will inherit Exaltation.
Last edited by Amore Vero on November 12th, 2010, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Amore Vero wrote:
InfoWarrior82 wrote:So... yes? He is a wicked man?
If you think he was deceived, have 'you' figured out yet exactly 'why' he allowed himself to be deceived?

Mayyyybbee... he's just not that into politics? Maybe he's lazy and pulls the lever for the 'D' because that's what his parents did and his parent's parents before them?