On Stealing Elections

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
pritchet1
captain of 1,000

On Stealing Elections

Post by pritchet1 »

Cleon Skousen was correct in saying that Gadiantons rule;

J.R. Dun Wrote -
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/10/ ... the_e.html
We have a clear picture of how vicious the Dems can be, how thorough their plans, and how far they will go. Stealing elections is no peccadillo, no charming piece of nostalgia from the days when men wore white gloves and top hats to check the mailbox. The Democratic Party is, in a real sense, built on electoral fraud, and not only in Chicago. The Dems have used the vilest criminal elements to carry out their electoral schemes. They have used fraud to control cities, regions, and entire states. Not even the presidency has been immune. Men have been killed for trying to vote in the United States of America, the same as in El Salvador, Lebanon, or Afghanistan. Those days could return at any time if we let them. (None of this is to suggest that Republicans never steal the vote. But the tenor is different. With Republicans, it's kind of an amateur effort, along the lines of a cottage industry. With Democrats, it's big business, like Big Steel or Google.)

Nothing has changed today. In Giuliani's first mayoral election, a Lower East Side public school was found to be stuffed full of voting machines dedicated to a second term for Dave "Little Man on the Wedding Cake" Dinkins. We also have the Franken thing, the Gregoire thing, the Philly Panthers, the Houston voting-machine warehouse fire, and no doubt many other episodes occurring in Yourtown, USA. The wildest effort of them all was Al Gore's attempt to snag the presidency through legal double-talk in 2000. The flimsiness of the attempt and its ultimate failure are a clear sign of how sloppy the Dems have become. Landslide Lyndon or Joe Kennedy would have had that sewn up within hours.

The oversight machinery has failed almost completely. Local and state electoral boards are a joke, totally corrupted and staffed by people's cousins and similar political riffraff. The miraculous multiplying votes in the Gregoire and Franken cases should have been disallowed on the face of it for the simple reason that the faintest whiff of suspicion irretrievably taints the electoral process. Instead, the cases went to the courts, where they became victim of would-be judicial Solomons. Similarly, the military absentee vote has been an open scandal for the past several elections. This year, local electoral boards are brazenly defying the law by refusing to send out military ballots.
This attitude must change. Nixon to the contrary, it is not an honorable and decent thing to allow a hustler to take office on the basis of falsified returns. This election is crucial in one other sense apart from the obvious issues at state -- as a test of the electoral system. It is clear that the Dems will do whatever they have to do to maintain hegemony. What this means in practical terms is that any GOP victory of less than 1% -- and perhaps even higher -- is in danger. Nothing could be clearer. Michelle Obama's recent violation of election law in Chicago was in no way the cheerful faux pas that has been portrayed in the media, but instead a signal to party officials and the rank and file that anything goes.

And anything is going, as is clearly demonstrated by the myriad local election boards from Manhattan clear across the country that have refused to send out military ballots. (No fewer than five New York counties were forced to settle with the Department of Justice last week for holding back military ballots. When the Holder DoJ is forced to act on electoral violations, it's bad enough to scare the dead.) The GOP must grow a backbone and begin to take at least a vague responsibility for its own interests. No one else, after all, will do it for them.

Though on second thought, I may be wrong there. Because this year, a third force does exist: the Tea Parties. Protection of the vote is a perfect role for the TPs. Up until now, questions of voting irregularities have been treated as a matter between the candidates, or at best between the parties, with no public participation requested or expected. In truth, intrusion by the public is long overdue. At the least, it would serve to brace up a timid GOP. But there is much more scope for action here, in the traditional form of poll-watchers on one hand and on the other, the intense moral pressure that can exerted by community leaders by their simple presence.

There are also novel tactics, such as the billboards warning against voter fraud in Milwaukee. (These have been cast as "racist" and so on by the local media, but what else would you expect?) It would be nice to see these popping up across the country over the next few weeks, along with posters, fliers, and graffiti. I'd also suggest a dedicated website -- one for each state, if possible -- where voters can report violations and irregularities from their home PCs. Keep in mind that the people behind electoral crimes are public officials, among the most pusillanimous life-forms known to evolutionary biology. The simple knowledge that they are being watched will cause many of them to straighten up -- if only for the moment.

It's not a question of how much the Dems will cheat. It's how much they will be allowed to get away with. The public myth is that the United States boasts the cleanest elections in the world. Sad to say, this is merely a mask behind which the political bandits practice their little tricks. The 2010 election should be the one in which that mask is torn away. Let's get those teeth filed and get to it.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: On Stealing Elections

Post by Original_Intent »

Nice post. Sad to say, I saw some of those "dirty tricks" in our own precinct in American Fork. The precinct chairman allowed those who were speaking in favor of Bennett the floor and would not give Bennett opponents the floor. This happened until the grumbling from the crowd about dirty politics forced him to concede. Also, he (the precinct chairman) had already been elected for the next two years due to the GOP setting the precinct agenda and having the chairman elected first thing - i.e. before eveyone saw what a jerk he was. I really think the vote for the chairman should be the last thing of the meeting - this guy would NOT have been re-elected if that were the case. Anyway - thanks for the great post, there is no doubt in my mind there is a lot of election fraud. I have heard that Utah politics is as dirty and corrupt as anywhere in the country.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Re: On Stealing Elections

Post by pritchet1 »

I've seen Gregoire steal the election for governor twice in my state.