Are we Peasants?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Are we Peasants?

Post by pritchet1 »

Greg Easley thinks we are still "We the People" and not American Peasants. I know how I feel like and it isn't "We the People" at the moment.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/26313

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Are we Peasants?

Post by Original_Intent »

F.A. Hayek used the term "serf" I believe.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Nobles traditionally only robbed 1/3rd of the peasant/serf production. We should be so fortunate. I think slave is a lot closer than peasant to our position.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

After a long day of being peasant serfs, we like to watch one or two episodes of the Adventures of Robin Hood with Richard Greene on hulu.com

These 1/2 hour episodes were made in the 1950's when 'common' people still had a sense of justice and were highly suspicious of those who considered themselves the 'elite', who abused their position & responsibilities in life. They are well written. They also encourage a more creative approach to opposing tyranny other than direct force, although defending oneself is used without hesitation.

The most important aspect of what I see in these little stories is the 'unity of the people' in protecting one another and in being honest in their dealings with one another. In addition to unity in the lower classes of people, there is a willingness of some in the more privileged classes to unite with the lower classes in asserting justice for all.

As a break from our 'awful situation' these stories are fun and inspiring for all classes of peasant serfs! Hope some of you enjoy them.

Be sure to start with Season 1 Episode 1 and follow the order. The first few tell how Robin became Robin Hood and how the other main characters came to be.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The+Ad ... +Hood&st=0

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

buffalo_girl wrote:After a long day of being peasant serfs, we like to watch one or two episodes of the Adventures of Robin Hood with Richard Greene on hulu.com

These 1/2 hour episodes were made in the 1950's when 'common' people still had a sense of justice and were highly suspicious of those who considered themselves the 'elite', who abused their position & responsibilities in life. They are well written. They also encourage a more creative approach to opposing tyranny other than direct force, although defending oneself is used without hesitation.

The most important aspect of what I see in these little stories is the 'unity of the people' in protecting one another and in being honest in their dealings with one another. In addition to unity in the lower classes of people, there is a willingness of some in the more privileged classes to unite with the lower classes in asserting justice for all.

As a break from our 'awful situation' these stories are fun and inspiring for all classes of peasant serfs! Hope some of you enjoy them.

Be sure to start with Season 1 Episode 1 and follow the order. The first few tell how Robin became Robin Hood and how the other main characters came to be.

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The+Ad ... +Hood&st=0
Sounds good. I good do with seeing the peasants get some justice... even if its only on TV :)