What an Awesome sacrament meeting!!!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Henmasher
captain of 1,000

What an Awesome sacrament meeting!!!

Post by Henmasher »

Yesterday was an amazing sacrament meeting. We had a member of the High Council speak and then he was followed by the 2nd counselor of the Stake Presidency. The first spoke on spiritual warning signs and it was awesome. No sugar needed here, it was get your crap together and look for signs in your children and address them. No more laziness people. But that was nothing. The counselor used Ezra Taft Bensons disourse "Our Divine Constitution". Oh man this was Brigham Young style. Pulpit pounder baby! He was less than accepting to the voter turn out stats and the lack of knowledge within the church. He was very emotional and extremely thorough on his talk. He chastised us all for not being worthy and doing as commanded in the D&C and throughout all the standard works. Oh man that licking felt good knowing that maybe some in there got there heads knocked straight. I know my is plumbed dead on again :D

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What an Awesome sacrament meeting!!!

Post by Original_Intent »

I love meetings like that. I am blessed to have a bishop who is awake and I love the meetings he conducts and especially testimony meetings.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

We had a stake priesthood meeting Sunday evening. The main topic was home teaching. I wish that some time, even five minutes, could have been squeezed in or added on to advise or remind the priesthood brethren of their responsibilities to honour and preserve the Constitution. Even though it has been 23 years since the Prophet, Ezra Taft Benson, spelled out for us in the October 1987 General Conference what that responsibility entails, it is a pity that members of the Church are no longer reminded of it. I note that in certain wards and stakes the members are being told about their responsibilities Re. government. It seems to be a closed sbject in our stake.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

lundbaek wrote:We had a stake priesthood meeting Sunday evening. The main topic was home teaching. I wish that some time, even five minutes, could have been squeezed in or added on to advise or remind the priesthood brethren of their responsibilities to honour and preserve the Constitution. Even though it has been 23 years since the Prophet, Ezra Taft Benson, spelled out for us in the October 1987 General Conference what that responsibility entails, it is a pity that members of the Church are no longer reminded of it. I note that in certain wards and stakes the members are being told about their responsibilities Re. government. It seems to be a closed sbject in our stake.
The wards I have been in, in the past 7 years, have been among those in which you hear at least some reminder of our civic duties and of the inspired Constitution... especially around caucus and election times.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Close to election time we get that letter from the First Presidency admonishing us to study the candidates and issues and get out and vote. From 3 sources, 2 within the AZ state legislature, I heard that a few years ago one of the LDS legislators suggested to the then Church Area 70 that the letter not be read because Mormons will just go out and vote in ignorance and make things worse.