Have you lost your Priesthood?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Bircher
captain of 100

Have you lost your Priesthood?

Post by Bircher »

http://ldsliberty.org/have-you-lost-your-priesthood/

Have You Lost Your Priesthood?

Why would I ask such a question? Why would it even be in question? What does it have to do with freedom? To understand these questions, we have to understand the following questions as well as their answers: What is agency? What happens when we support the government’s attempt to take it away from others? What is compulsion? What happens to us when we support the government’s attempt to use it on others?

Read the rest at LDSLiberty...

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Re: Have you lost your Priesthood?

Post by sbsion »

even satan has priesthood........when one is "ex-ed", after re-baptism, he is NOT re-ordained, priesthood is eternal, it's just what POWER do you have with the priesthood you posses. Before we ask all the freedom questions, understand first, what is "priest"hoods......hmmmmmmmm???? Rights of priesthoods depends on what priesthood you hold, right? :?: :idea:

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

sbsion wrote:even satan has priesthood........when one is "ex-ed", after re-baptism, he is NOT re-ordained, priesthood is eternal, it's just what POWER do you have with the priesthood you posses. Before we ask all the freedom questions, understand first, what is "priest"hoods......hmmmmmmmm???? Rights of priesthoods depends on what priesthood you hold, right? :?: :idea:
I think you bring up some valid points of discussing, however, your comments don't even begin to address the linked article and reason for this topic/thread.

It's a good article, reminds me of "Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen" by H. Verlan Andersen. That book expanded my understanding of the scriptures in D&C 121... "Amen to the authority and priesthood of that man" ... who exercises unrighteous dominion.

Definitely worth the read, and consideration, both that article and the book.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Just wanted to add that Jeremy and I just recorded a new LDS Liberty Podcast episode. A review of the book "Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen" by H. Verlan Andersen.

We discussed some of the things you mention in your article.

The episode should go live next week.

Mahonri
Master
Location: Where you want to be when crap hits the fan, but I'm not telling.

Post by Mahonri »

So... what does this mean?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Mahonri wrote:So... what does this mean?
What does this mean? "Have You Lost Your Priesthood?" or ???

I'm hoping others on the forum will chime in on what it means... I can't believe the discussion isn't 5 pages long by now!

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

That was my thought too Brian. I guess I was trying to spur some conversation with my question. ;)

Is it more boring than I thought, or is it too hat too handle? :P

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Priesthood............birthright of the first born, how would one loose being the first born......or, even born? :idea:

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

you can lose the right of the first born, and if you would actually read the article, you would see the answers to clearly sarcastic question.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Well... I really want to tell my fighting kids to close their mouths right now, and I'm considering duct tape. I guess I'd have to say my home today is on the verge of losing Priesthood protection (and my kids on the verge of losing their hides). :lol:

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

What happens when we support the government’s attempt to take life, liberty and/or control of personal property away from others? What happens to us when we support the government’s attempt to use compulsion on others?

I think a lot of what happens to LDSs who support such actions by government depends on things we cannot judge. I can be very judgemental in some circumstances (not to be confused with being hateful), but I cannot determine why some priesthood holders and LDS women support government legislation and programs that use compulsion to take life, liberty and/or control of personal property away from people and give it to others.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I think most here are aware that the Church has in recent years suggested that members in need turn to civil government to meet their welfare needs. Also, when in January 2008 the First Presidency requested a Utah state legislative committee to be merciful in revoking benefits to illegal immigrants, were they not in effect encouraging continued use of programs that use compulsion to take control of personal property away from people and give it to others?

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

I believe it is very rare today to find a man with the Priesthood in the Church. Most all have lost it because they are blinded & deceived to use unrighteous dominion in their homes, wards & society. Yet they hardly ever realize they have lost it.

It is the 1st duty of all men on this earth to protect the women & children around them from all harm or suffering. Yet, most all men add to that harm & suffering while thinking they are righteous.

I have seen that D&C 121 is very true, it is the disposition of nearly all men to exercise unrighteous dominion (be abusive) in their marriages, homes, church & in society. It is very difficult to find even one man who is righteous & trustworthy to do his duty. These men usually never think they are abusive though & they think & feel that they are very righteous. That is what is so deceptive.

But Abuse is so rampant in every ward in the Church in some form or another, be it verbal, emotional, financial, sexual or physical. It is in most homes. Most all men are deceived to do or support great evils going on among their family, friends & wards. They do not do their most important duty of protecting women & children from their own abuse & abandonment or the abuse & abandonment of other men. Unfortunately the good ol' boys club is alive & well.

I realize that many women are also abusive, but this is a discussion about the Priesthood, so I confine it to just about men here.

Most men think that because they don't hit their wives they are not abusive. Or because they don't have a physical affair, that they are faithful. Adultery can be mental, emotional or physical. You don't have to even touch or talk to another woman to commit adultery.

It takes a very high degree of righteousness & love for a man to maintain the power of the Priesthood. Loss of the Priesthood always starts in the home, in the marriage. Priesthood is Love. Love is the power that God uses to accomplish & create all things. But very few men have True Love for their wife & serve & respect her as they promised & put her 1st above all else in their life, above even theirself. A man can vote right & still not have the Priesthood, for the greatest test of maintaining Priesthood is Marriage. How he loves & treats & serves his wife's every wish & desire.

But even if a man loves his wife, he must see to the care & protection of all women & children around him to maintain his Priesthood power for that is the essence of true religion & true power.
Last edited by Amore Vero on July 17th, 2010, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

Priesthood 'authority' & Priesthood 'power' are two very different things. One can be ordained to the Priesthood & given the 'authority' to use it but still not have the 'power' if the man is unworthy. As soon as leaders know of a man's unworthiness he will also lose the 'authority' to act in the name of God.

So a man can have the 'power' but not the 'authority' to use it or he can have the 'authority' but not the 'power'.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Here are some thoughts I've had while reading your article and the book "Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen"...

SOMETHING THAT I REALIZED WHEN I READ THIS…

"Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man"... who uses "control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness"... This is not just about priesthood holders but anyone in a position of "Authority" (such as government).

In other words, that scripture could be re-written: "Amen to the authority of that Senator, or Congressman, or President, who uses unrighteous control or dominion or compulsion upon men in any way that violates their agency, freedom, rights, and the Constitution."

This also caused me to realize... sometimes in discussions with others while discussing people like Mitt Romney, Hatch, Reed, Bennett and others who hold the Priesthood and have some position of authority in government... we've wanted to separate their spiritual lives from their political life and say that they could still be "good members of the church" even though they are terrible, unconstitutional representatives... With these new insights on D&C 121.. Amen to the PRIESTHOOD AND AUTHORITY of those men because of the unrighteous control, dominion and compulsion they have encouraged, implemented and supported through government.

(The more I learn the more I realize how duped we all have been! The more I read the scriptures the more I am amazed at how blinded so many of us are, and how ignorant to the truth... the truth really does make us free.)

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

BrianM wrote:
Here are some thoughts I've had while reading your article and the book "Many Are Called But Few Are Chosen"...

"Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man"... who uses "control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness"... This is not just about priesthood holders but anyone in a position of "Authority" (such as government).

In other words, that scripture could be re-written: "Amen to the authority of that Senator, or Congressman, or President, who uses unrighteous control or dominion or compulsion upon men in any way that violates their agency, freedom, rights, and the Constitution."

This also caused me to realize... sometimes in discussions with others while discussing people like Mitt Romney, Hatch, Reed, Bennett and others who hold the Priesthood and have some position of authority in government... we've wanted to separate their spiritual lives from their political life and say that they could still be "good members of the church" even though they are terrible, unconstitutional representatives... With these new insights on D&C 121.. Amen to the PRIESTHOOD AND AUTHORITY of those men because of the unrighteous control, dominion and compulsion they have encouraged, implemented and supported through government.

(The more I learn the more I realize how duped we all have been! The more I read the scriptures the more I am amazed at how blinded so many of us are, and how ignorant to the truth... the truth really does make us free.)

absolutely! I think it was Einstein that said the more you learn, them more you realize what you don't know

With topics like this, we don't want to be "judgmental" or even consider some of the conclusions this would lead to, and this blinds us to the truth.

The Lord gives us principles so we can know how to become like Him. We should not get personalities in the way of us following Him

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Mahonri wrote:though God loves us, he will let us suffer the consequences of our actions, even to the losing of our authority if we violate His laws.
Absolutely. As a missionary taught me many years ago he will allow us to condemn ourselves...! Agency comes with a high price. :?

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

BrianM wrote:

So True. Great post.

No man on this earth can ever gain the power & authority to enact any unrighteous law. Every unrighteous law is null & void. Anyone who tries to do so loses the faith, trust & power to lead.

No Priesthood holder can keep his Priesthood or even remain righteous, if he votes for or supports evil laws & leaders.

Mahonri
Master

Post by Mahonri »

additionally, if we look at the scripture carefully, we read

"amen to the priesthood OR authority of that man"

So it says amen to the Priesthood as well as his authority

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Mahonri wrote:additionally, if we look at the scripture carefully, we read

"amen to the priesthood OR authority of that man"

So it says amen to the Priesthood as well as his authority
I believe this also applies to Women and anyone in the position of any authority, whether within the Church or the government, as far as their authority is concerned in the eyes of God.

Also... amen to the Priesthood or authority of citizens and individuals who support unrighteous dominion via the people they vote for and the laws they condone. We will be judged and held accountable for such things.