How the Government will reduce health care costs...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Rand
captain of 1,000

How the Government will reduce health care costs...

Post by Rand »

(My first post, be gentle with me.)
In this story( http://lifenews.com/nat6531.html) they state that "The Obama administration has officially approved the first instance of taxpayer funded abortions under the new national government-run health care program." " The law authorizes $5 billion in federal funds for the program" "The Obama Administration will give Pennsylvania $160 million in federal tax funds, which we've discovered will pay for insurance plans that cover any legal abortion," "The state will receive $160 million to set up the program, which will provide coverage to as many as 5,600 people between now and 2014,"

If my math, which isn't always correct, is close that raises the cost of an abortion from about $300 to $500 to about $28,000.

That my tax dollars are now supporting an activity I find repulsive in most scenarios is bad enough, they have been deceptive in the application of the program, but they are using the funds to redistribute moneys, to who and for what purpose?

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Re: How the Government will reduce health care costs...

Post by Book of Ruth »

I agree, I work in healthcare for a very large company I was in a boardroom mtg today about financials, and at the moment, it doesn't look good for hospitals. Most people think that $ is going to the hospitals or physicians it's not. It's going to insurance and pharmaceutical companies who control the government. Honestly many many many healthcare workers take natural supplements like fishoil, vitamins esp. D & C.

I say this with an extensive knowledge of modern medicine...... Prevention, study the facts, look to medicines without additives, and research your own health.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How the Government will reduce health care costs...

Post by Fiannan »

Obama and Reid's abortion funding legislation may only be the beginning. Once we wind up with a rapidly aging population I am sure there will be a solution. Why George Bernard Shaw discussed what to do with people who can't work anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgpaKkrZex4

Of course I would believe Obama and Reid if they said this is not going to be the final solution...I mean, result.