Women's Right to Vote

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Hyrcanus
captain of 100

Re: Women's Right to Vote

Post by Hyrcanus »

Amore Vero wrote:The Prophets don't put all the truth about something in just one statement. Wouldn't that be great. They do it line upon line, precept upon precept like the Spirit does. We have to search & study out many puzzle pieces & put them all together to begin to understand what it all means. Than we have to have the Spirit to even understand correctly what is written or said by Prophets or we will still be lead astray.

So if my statements don't ring true to you, showing you a sign, a quote, won't convince you either. But if you are really sincere in wanting to know, the Spirit can easily & quickly show you the words of the Prophets that I was shown.

And I did learn alot of this in the temple. But Heavenly Father usually only causes us to hear what we are ready to accept. If these things sound offensive to you, Heavenly Father is not going to push them on you or anyone who doesn't want to live it. Else it would be to your condemnation. Not everyone hears the words of the Prophets or the words spoken in the temple with the same meaning.
Asking you to back up your claims is not the same thing as sign seeking, despite your attempt to suggest otherwise. As for your suggestion that not everyone hears the words with the same understanding, that is reasonable where the words are unclear or somewhat nebulous. The opposite is the case here. We have a several scriptures, direct instruction in the temple, and dozens of quotes from Prophets and Apostles explaining the doctrine.

This has gone far past the point of being productive, until you can ground your claim in scripture and prophetic teaching, nothing you are saying can be given even a scrap of credibility.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

I am not out to convince anyone of my beliefs. That is not my responsibility or even my ability. For, as Ezra T. Benson taught, it takes revelation to understand revelation, (whether it's the words used in the temple or something we hear directly from the Prophet). Many people will hear different things said from the same exact words, even seemingly clear & precise words, unless they all possess the Spirit to hear the exact same thing.

I only desired to share my testimony of what I have found to be true from many years of study & practice on the subject & there is no way I could find a few quotes which would convince you, when it takes either the Spirit of revelation &/or lots of study & practice on our own to come to understand these things.

randont
captain of 10

Post by randont »

Amore Vero wrote:
NoGreaterLove wrote:Rose
Unfortunately Amore is of the opinion that there is a greater sex, women. She believes that women should rule the world and save us poor men from our caveman condition. It appears she has been abused by some man in her life and now spends a lot of time trying to convince us that every man is evil and women are good.

If you will review her writings on this forum you will see this is the common theme. I wonder how her Heavenly Father (a male) feels about her degradation of his sons?
"I am sorry if the Prophet's teachings offend you. Everything I write I learned from Prophets. Just because you haven't read what the Prophets have said about these topics doesn't make it untrue."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=yo ... DAc88ccm0g

She does a great job of describing part of the problem without having the Gospel to teach her.
I haven't seen you quote a single prophet. Not that hard especially with everything on the internet.

Satan's MAIN two pronged attack from what I've seen through news, family, friends etc is this, obviously he uses more angles for attack. For men he teaches to lust and value a woman for her body. Women he gets by convincing her that men are unnecessary sexist pigs. If he can get us to no longer see the true value in each other he's succeeded.
I