Taxpayer’s Freedom of Conscience Act

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Taxpayer’s Freedom of Conscience Act

Post by lundbaek »

Healthcare continues to dominate the agenda on Capitol Hill as House leadership and the administration try to ram through their big government healthcare plan. Fortunately, they have been unsuccessful so far, as there are many horrifying provisions tucked into this massive piece of legislation. One major issue is the public funding of elective abortions. The administration has already removed many longstanding restrictions on abortion, and is unwilling to provide straight answers to questions regarding the public funding of abortion in their plan. I have introduced the Taxpayer’s Freedom of Conscience Act (HR 1233) which forbids the use of any taxpayer funds for abortion, both here and overseas -Rep Ron Paul M.D., (R-TX)

http://www.house.gov/htbin/blog_inc?BLO ... tail.shtml

To support this Taxpayer’s Freedom of Conscience Act (HR 1233) one can email one's congressional representative and insist that he support the Taxpayer’s Freedom of Conscience Act (HR 1233)

To email your congressional representative, you need only google his name and follow the steps to contact him. Your congressional representative is either Harry Mitchell or Jeff Flake, depending on where you live.

I wonder if the Church will ask us to act on this as it did on Prop 8 in CA and 102 in AZ.

ChelC
The Law

Re: Taxpayer’s Freedom of Conscience Act

Post by ChelC »

Excellent, thank you!

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Conressional Conatct Info!

Post by LDSNZ »

Here's an excellent resource for Congressional contact info.

Entered your details>continue>tick which official(s) & or media(s) you wish to email>click continue>& Bob's your uncle!