Attn. Arizona Voters

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Attn. Arizona Voters

Post by lundbaek »

U.S. Constitution on the Butcher's Block

You may be aware that there is a serious effort to convene a new constitutional convention, the stated purpose being to add a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution. This may sound desirable in view of the increasing national debt being foisted on us. However, people much more savvy than I have been expressing the concern that there would be "no way to limit or muzzle the actions of a new Constitutional Convention. The Convention could make its own rules and set its own agenda. Congress might try to limit the convention to one amendment or to one issue, but there is no way to assure that the Convention would obey. After a Convention is convened it will be too late to stop the Convention if we don't like its agenda.....A new Convention could plunge our nation into constitutional confusion and confrontation at every turn, with no assurance that focus would be on the subjects needing attention." (Chief Justice Warren Burger, 1988).

At this point I call attention to the exhortation of the ancient Prophet Moroni in referring to the secret and murderous combinations described in the Book of Mormon., After having written we should "suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you," wrote further that "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." And in a 2010 Ensign article President Packer reminded us of this message in Ether 8:23 & 24. In my words, the Lord, acting thru Moroni, was telling us in our day that there is a secret combination that seeks control of wealth and government, and that we should oppose its machinations.

We would do well to consider the path that the United States has been travelling in recent years, even in recent decades, and give serious thought to the desirability of a convention to make changes to the U.S. Constitution. The current political climate should give a pretty good idea of the political persuasions of the delegates who would be chosen to the convention. You might not like the outcome of any further tampering with our Constitution, considering the political persuasions of so many of those in our state and federal government. The current number of states calling for a new Constitutional Convention is very close to the number required to authorize the convention The Arizona House of Representatives has already voted in favour of adding Arizona to the list of states calling for a new Constitutional Convention, or Con-Con. The call from Arizona can be stopped by the state senate, which, I understand, is to vote on the issue probably later this week.

I leave it to you to decide whether or not to contact your state senators and let them know how you want them to vote on this issue. I'm trying to avoid being pushy, as some of you know I can be. And this email is a bit rushed and scruffy in places But right now, it is a tight race in the Arizona Senate and not much time is left to make known our wishes and opinions.

http://www.azleg.gov/findmylegislator/

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Attn. Arizona Voters

Post by Rose Garden »

It's interesting to me that the founding fathers could be trusted to write up a Constitution but we cannot trust a convention today to do the same.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

The United Nations Charter is a mess and the Gadiantons in the US government signed on to it. Given conditions have only worsened since then, a governing document drawn up now under Trump would be a disaster of biblical proportions.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The Founding Fathers had some things going for them that I certainly don't expect to see in either the people who will choose the delegates or in the delegates who will likely be chosen to participate in a new constitutional convention. According to both the Lord (D&C 101:80) and statements of some of the men who participated in what turned into the Constitutional Convention, including Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Franklin, they felt they were inspired by the Lord, or by Providence, as they expressed it. And for what it's worth, President Wilford Woodruff, speaking in general conference in 1898, stated that "...those men who laid the foundation of this American government and signed the Declaration of Independence were the best spirits the God of heaven could find on the face of the earth." I doubt delegates appointed to a Con-Con now would be of the same caliber, nor of the same political persuasions. I believe there are people out there who would try to restore the US Constitution to its original meaning, but the odds of them being chosen are about nill.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote: March 14th, 2017, 12:29 pm The Founding Fathers had some things going for them that I certainly don't expect to see in either the people who will choose the delegates or in the delegates who will likely be chosen to participate in a new constitutional convention. According to both the Lord (D&C 101:80) and statements of some of the men who participated in what turned into the Constitutional Convention, including Washington, Jefferson, Madison and Franklin, they felt they were inspired by the Lord, or by Providence, as they expressed it. And for what it's worth, President Wilford Woodruff, speaking in general conference in 1898, stated that "...those men who laid the foundation of this American government and signed the Declaration of Independence were the best spirits the God of heaven could find on the face of the earth." I doubt delegates appointed to a Con-Con now would be of the same caliber, nor of the same political persuasions. I believe there are people out there who would try to restore the US Constitution to its original meaning, but the odds of them being chosen are about nill.
These proposed changes and thinking the Constitution is outmoded, is pure crap. But what it truly is, is a build up of the near demise of our Founding documents, to the point that it will hang by a thread and have to be saved by patriots and Elders of Israel as prophesied.

So when the need arises...Will the real "give me liberty or give me death" proponents, please stand up?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Does anyone want to know The Secret to America's Strength ?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Sunday Square Off: Gun Laws

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The Arizona Senate passed HCR 2013 (BBA) and HB 2226 (Compact for America – BBA), along with their delegate instructing bills. The Arizona "House" previously passed HCR 2010 (Convention of States – Basically an Open Convention). All Republicans voted for them. Too bad! Very frustrating! Now on to rescinding them next year.

If a few more states sign on, this could lead to further shredding of the U.S. Constitution; cutting more of the threads by which the Constitution is hanging. It is not surprising to me that most Americans do not realize the danger a new Con-Con poses to their freedoms, including to their personal finances. But It is especially disappointing to me that so few LDS people, who have a doctrinal imperative to preserve freedom, do not recognize the danger.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote: March 27th, 2017, 4:33 pm The Arizona Senate passed HCR 2013 (BBA) and HB 2226 (Compact for America – BBA), along with their delegate instructing bills. The Arizona "House" previously passed HCR 2010 (Convention of States – Basically an Open Convention). All Republicans voted for them. Too bad! Very frustrating! Now on to rescinding them next year.

If a few more states sign on, this could lead to further shredding of the U.S. Constitution; cutting more of the threads by which the Constitution is hanging. It is not surprising to me that most Americans do not realize the danger a new Con-Con poses to their freedoms, including to their personal finances. But It is especially disappointing to me that so few LDS people, who have a doctrinal imperative to preserve freedom, do not recognize the danger.
I think you will agree, Lundbaek, it is called apathy.

Remember what the devil says to the Elders so they will continue to be in a mindless stupor? Something about a special program from church headquarters telling everyone to stand up for freedom and save the Constitution?

Now there is talk of the court system not allowing people to carry copies of the Constitution or to even talk about it.

I suppose the court system is and has been under the law of the sea and NOT the land. The law of the sea has no restrictions when condemning a man without due process.

Why are people still asleep? The Bundy's are in deep doo-doo because of this problem. And I believe this is why the Hammond's went back to prison under double jeopardy. The US "Title Of Liberty" is in dire trouble.