Wake Up Arizona!!!!!! Good and Bad Legislative News

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Wake Up Arizona!!!!!! Good and Bad Legislative News

Post by uglypitbull »

Legislative Updates: some good, mostly bad:

This report is from Joel Alcott, who has been working on legislation to state that drones can only be used with a warrant.

HB2574 (my bill) was set for committee this morning, to be heard only. Not scheduled for a vote – Representative Justin Pierce was the chair. It is important to note that we had gone to all of the committee members days in advance and secured support from 6 out of 8 members. Also, remember that we were able to get 9 sponsors/co-sponsors for our bill. It is a popular bill with the legislature. We were hoping to sway the committee to vote today. Pierce’s wife supposedly had a baby last night and he wasn't expected to be there. He was.
While we were preparing our statements to be heard, I discovered a drone bill with a different number on it, HB2269. It was very similar in language but was a POLICE STATE version.
They were simultaneously moving on HB2269 in the Commerce committee 2 doors down. So I quickly alerted the two guys helping with HB2574 and I entered a request to be heard on this committee as well. So did the two other guys on our team. HB2269 was essentially a stealth striker bill. It was entered into the agenda last night and no one knew about it. What that means is they took an existing bill, having to do with liquor, removed, or struck that language and put in their own version of a drone bill. Representative Thomas Forese is the chair of the commerce committee. Forese was the sole sponsor of this bill. They allowed me to give my statement (I was both angry and nervous at the same time – pretty awkward). I only had a few moments to wrap my mind around what was happening and was not well prepared for this new bill. They didn’t let the other two people on my team to speak. They jammed this bill through, voted on it, then passed it through committee.
Getting back to the other committee room, I was still going to give my statement for my bill. They killed HB2574 “before the fireworks started” (they actually said that) and Pierce made sure I was in the room to watch.
This was a coordinated effort by Pierce and Forese.
Their bill is largely in favor of the POLICE STATE. The worst part is that it gives the Feds an exception - they will have a kind of special permission to fly drones, etc. It appears to be warrantless. The Feds will have a stronger foothold than ever in Arizona.
Make no mistake, this was timed precisely and coordinated to pass one bill first then kill my bill, and made sure I was not allowed to speak on behalf of HB2574.
We are essentially unprotected from drone surveillance. Welcome to the POLICE STATE.

Other legislative updates:
On the Medicare Exchanges:
http://www.azahcccs.gov/commercial/Purc ... b2013.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The first two links under this link provide the details around the expansion as well as the details on the health information exchange plans for AZ.
Notice that for the exchanges, there is no way to opt out, as under HIPAA the feds already have both your insurance data and claims data. Under the state legislation, your providers will be required to submit your electronic health records.
None of this would be possible without national id. And national id is made possible via the data exchanges with the feds authorized under SB1070:
http://www.azleg.gov//FormatDocument.as ... sion_ID=93" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
F. Except as provided in federal law, officials or agencies of this state and counties, cities, towns and other political subdivisions of this state may not be prohibited or in any way be restricted from sending, receiving or maintaining information relating to the immigration status of any individual or exchanging that information with any other federal, state or local governmental entity for the following official purposes:
Determining eligibility for any public benefit, service or license provided by any federal, state, local or other political subdivision of this state.
Verifying any claim of residence or domicile if determination of residence or domicile is required under the laws of this state or a judicial order issued pursuant to a civil or criminal proceeding in this state.
In other words, ANY license information in state database you have, not just drivers, is now automatically fed to Homeland Security. It doesn't wait for a certain transaction with you to occur. It is ongoing automated data feeds of new, modified, or termed license information for any license. Further, Obamacare is a public benefit.
Upon all of the above information, you are uniquely identified and the platform for the exchange is established.

RAPID RESPONSE - ALL HANDS ON DECK!! Less Than 2 Weeks to STOP Common Core - the Federal Takeover of Arizona’s K-12 Education - NO on HB2047 in the Senate
Background:
What’s The Common Core Movement?
Essentially, it is the federal government’s plan to control the K-12 education system in the US by nationalizing education, state-by-state, including Arizona.
You haven’t heard about it?
Common Core is a requirement to participate in the Race To The Top federal grant program, 46 states signed on without knowing what Common Core was.
Standards were accepted by the Governor and the State Board of Education adopted it.
Implementation has begun under the radar. All occurred with no public debate or parental input.
What’s Wrong With That? The Common Core Movement is a Trojan Horse:
The Common Core Movement has 3 parts – The Standards, The PARCC Assessment (test replacing AIMS) & The Curriculum.
Each part is “aligned” or moves in relationship to the other. The point of the Standards/Assessment is to drive Curriculum/content choices, this is by design.
Standards are Mediocre Quality – “Internationally Benchmarked”? Only Math and English are written, all subjects eventually will be included and the state can only add 15%.
70% of all reading will be non-fiction, not classics. Algebra 1 is delayed from 8th to 9th grade. Estimations say US students may be 2 years behind other countries.
PARCC (Partnership Assessment for College & Career Readiness) Not Completed - only exists in prototype form, no finished product, reliant on technology to fully implement, tests given multiple times in a school year, but there is no final cost analysis. Scores are expected to go down (as has occurred in Kentucky and Georgia).
Curriculum – They say “It’s Voluntary”? The Standards/Assessment/Curriculum are a matrix, binding them together. Standards alone won't make a difference, you need curriculum, instruction, professional development and assessments that embody the standards. Most schools will eventually be convinced to use the curriculum to align with Standards and testing, we do not have control. Most classic literature will be replaced by “informational texts” such as technical manuals. The goal is less textbooks more technology.
Costs Open-Ended & Unfunded Mandates, for implementation, administrative & teacher training, testing, text books, technology (online testing, hardware, software, digital curriculum and data tracking). No cost analysis by Legislature.
Federal v. State Control – They say it is written by the states?
Primarily drafted by a DC based non-profit called Achieve Inc., working with the National Governors Association & the Council of Chief State School Officers, without legislative authority and limited input from the states, gives the appearance of a state generated initiative.
Federal government grants support the groups writing the Common Core, the Department of Education promotes it and the Race To The Top grant program requires it.
Gains in AZ school choice options will be setback – Charter schools are required to adopt Common Core
State Sovereignty Issues – The US Constitution does not refer to education, so education decisions defer to the states. Governor Nikki Haley of South Carolina said, “Just as we should not relinquish control of education to the federal government, neither should we cede it to the consensus of other states.”
Collecting Student Data – States assist the larger federal goal of the long term tracking of a child from birth to workforce by tracking student performance and “other” data then providing it to the Departments of Education, Homeland Security and Labor.
The Good News: We Can STOP the Train (We’re Not Alone – Other States are Rejecting or Debating Common Core
Our Challenge: TIME, We Have Less than 2 Weeks and we need 16 Senators to Vote NO
What You Can Do: The general public doesn't know about Common Core, so virtually no opposition has been expressed to the Governor or Legislature.
The PARCC Assessment portion, HB2047 – Pupil Assessments/AIMS Transition was passed in the House with a majority of Republicans voting YES, only 9 voted against it, Steve Smith one of the most Conservative House members, voted NO. We have recourse:
STOP HB2047 from being passed in the AZ Senate
The Senate will vote on the Assessment within 2 weeks. If passed, we essentially are giving state control to the federal government. Most Republicans are expected to vote yes.
WE NEED 16 SENATORS to VOTE NO
WE NEED 100’s of emails/phone calls. Call first and urge ALL the Senators to VOTE NO on HB2047, then email them. Please distribute to everyone you know.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Re: Wake Up Arizona!!!!!! Good and Bad Legislative News

Post by uglypitbull »

By the way....today is committee vote day on the anti-NDAA bill

This Thursday will be a busy day for anti-NDAA activists in several states. Arizona, along with Washington state and Maryland, will have a hearing to decide the fate of a bill that seeks to stop the 2012 NDAA’s provisions that allow for the indefinite detainment of U.S. citizens.

Arizona’s legislation, H.B. 2573, is written to prohibit any state agency from providing “material support or participate in any way with the implementation of Sections 1021 and 1022 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012.”

It also requires the Director of the Department of Public Safety or a county sheriff to report to the governor and state legislature if agents of the federal government attempts to work with their agencies to enact the indefinite detention provisions.

Supporters of this legislation are encouraged to call and email all committee members to urge them to vote “YES” on H.B. 2573 before the hearing so that it moves on to the State House floor.

Out-of-state supporters are urged to contact members of the committee, without mentioning the state they are calling or emailing from, as we find that has more of an impact.

In-state supporters can also attend the hearing in person, which will start at 8 a.m. on Feb. 21 at the state capitol in Room HHR 4.

Call. Email. Testify.

Join us in this crucial battle for the freedom of Arizona.

Rep. Eddie Farnsworth, Chair
[email protected]
602-926-5735

Rep. Justin Pierce, Vice Chair
[email protected]
602-926-5495

Rep. John Allen
[email protected]
602-926-4916

Rep. Albert Hale
[email protected]
602-926-4323

Rep. Lupe Contreras
[email protected]
602-926-5284

Rep. Ethan Orr
[email protected]
602-926-3235

Rep. Doris Goodale
[email protected]
602-926-5408

Rep. Martin Quezada
[email protected]
602-926-5911

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Also of concern in Arizona, a political group called Respect Arizona has filed paperwork with the Arizona Secretary of State’s office to launch a campaign to recall Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Arpaio was re-elected in November to his sixth consecutive term in office, and has filed paperwork last week indicating that he plans to run again in 2016, when he will be 84 years old. It looks clear to me that the “Joe's Got to Go” campaign to defeat Arpaio has been and is now promoted and supported by people who favour open borders with Mexico, amnesty, and a blind eye to illegal immigration. And many of those supporters of the recall campaign are Mormons who believe that righteousness and charity include supporting illegal immigrants.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

I wonder if a safe state even exists in this union.

jeanpierre
captain of 100

Post by jeanpierre »

Pretty soon the only safety will be under the new world order.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

jeanpierre wrote:Pretty soon the only safety will be under the new world order.
At first, I thought you were going to say, "Under a rock." :)) I was visualizing all that underground space in the earth with a huge rock covering the opening.