104 Bill Analysts Needed Utah

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

104 Bill Analysts Needed Utah

Post by Rose Garden »

I got this email from the Utah Campaign for Liberty.
Yesterday was the first day of the 45-day 2012 General Session of the Utah legislature.

Over 300 bills have already been filed (and several hundred more are coming), and some have already received committee approval!

But no single person has enough time to read all of them!

We need YOU to help us read these bills.

There are 75 state representatives, and 29 state senators in the legislature. This amounts to 104 legislators, each of whom will file several bills.

If just ONE PERSON in each legislative district stepped forward and volunteered to read all of the bills authored by his representative or senator, then each volunteer would have only a handful of bills to analyze.

If this is a contribution to liberty that you can make, please reply by clicking here. You might say something like this:

John Dougall is my state representative. I will read his bills, and let you know whether they will result in more liberty, or less liberty, for the citizens of Utah.

Or, it might read as follows:

Howard Stephenson is my state senator. I will read every bill he sponsors, and will let you know what's good and what's bad.

If we have a little overlap, no problem. A second set of eyes won't hurt at all.

Or, if you would like to reply and ask "Which legislator hasn't been taken yet?" then I would be happy to assign you one.

You can see all of the bills being sponsored by your state legislator by clicking here.

Here is one of my favorite quotes from Thomas Paine (The Crisis, no. 4, 11 September 1777):

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.

Let us be among the men and women who are willing to undergo the fatigues of digging into the devilish details of proposed legislation here in Utah.

Then, as you reply with your analyses, I can share those that require the full attention of our members (we may do a "wiki" again as we have done in previous years).

Thus, we can OPPOSE bad ideas, and SUPPORT good ones.

(This also gives you better perspective on your state legislators :--).

For liberty,

Lowell Nelson

Interim State Coordinator
Utah Campaign for Liberty
Recruit, Equip, Train, Mobilize

PS: Please reply and volunteer to review the bills being proposed by your state representative and/or your state senator. Let me know.
The email address to volunteer is utah at campaignforliberty dot com.