For Ron Paul supporters

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

For Ron Paul supporters

Post by Rose Garden »

I'm a little down-hearted over Ron Paul's low placing in the South Carolina primaries. But it's given me an idea about what Ron Paul supporters can do to help his campaign. Ron Paul depends mostly on the internet to get his message out. Many of his supporters use comment sections and other internet resources to support him. I think they can use these tools more effectively.

Here's the idea: those of us who are diehard fans of Ron Paul support him because we've heard his message in his own words. We've either listened to his speeches or read his words and felt the impact that they have had on us. That's why we're so adamant about electing him president. So the best thing we can do to help Ron Paul is to get the best of his actual words out on the web.

Instead of just using our own words in supporting Ron Paul on the web, we should be using his words. When people read his words, they are going to have a hard time (or at least a harder time) discounting him and his supporters as nuts following a demagogue. We ought to counter attacks on Ron Paul with quotes from him and links to stuff that he's produced. Flood the web with his words.

I can't make much of an impact myself, so I'm telling everybody I can think of about my plan. Maybe some of you who work hard to promote Ron Paul on the web will agree with me and try this out.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: For Ron Paul supporters

Post by creator »

I was involved in a few meetings with some people discussing an idea of doing a Ron Paul DVD campaign... passing out thousands of DVDs to educate people about Ron Paul. One of the main people behind the group decided he didn't have enough time to pursue the idea, but it is something that could have some effect.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I appreciate and applaud Called to Serve's idea and desire to support Ron Paul. Recent events here in Arizona, however, convince me that few if any LDS voters would bother to watch the proposed DVD other than those already supportive of Ron Paul.

Deborah000
captain of 100

Post by Deborah000 »

Great idea! You are right that most people don't know many of Ron Paul's statements on the issues. A lot of the people in my ward are Romney supporters, but hey - a little knowledge never hurt anyone~!

liberty_belle
captain of 100

Post by liberty_belle »

I was actually thinking the same thing about getting a compliation of his best speeches/interviews together and burning to them DVD's and passing them around. I live in in AZ also lunbaek and I believe we can make a difference. Every day I am finding people in my Ward and STake who are Ron Paul supporters. Of course there are those who like to spew their rhetoric (ie antisimitis, isolationists, etc) but I ignore them.

Today, I was at the doctors with my mom who just had surgery and I had my Ron Paul shirt on. Theh doc walked in and immediately complimented me on my shirt. About 15 min later, after we talked about my mom, we had a nice little conversation about him and he made this statement, "I love that man!" and then as we walked out he encouraged me to keep fighting for Ron Paul (I encouraged him too).

So, what I am thinking is if we Ron Paul supporters could post our favorite youtube clips to this thread, then we can each take them and make our own movie with movie maker and pass them around our neighborhoods.

What say ye?

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Called to Serve wrote:I'm a little down-hearted over Ron Paul's low placing in the South Carolina primaries.
Dont be....but you can expect this in states that have heavy electronic voting areas (NH, SC). Even the dead can vote...and I would certainly like to see HOW they voted.
http://www.wtoc.com/story/16571904/sout ... -primaries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

liberty_belle wrote:I was actually thinking the same thing about getting a compliation of his best speeches/interviews together and burning to them DVD's and passing them around. I live in in AZ also lunbaek and I believe we can make a difference. Every day I am finding people in my Ward and STake who are Ron Paul supporters. Of course there are those who like to spew their rhetoric (ie antisimitis, isolationists, etc) but I ignore them.

Today, I was at the doctors with my mom who just had surgery and I had my Ron Paul shirt on. Theh doc walked in and immediately complimented me on my shirt. About 15 min later, after we talked about my mom, we had a nice little conversation about him and he made this statement, "I love that man!" and then as we walked out he encouraged me to keep fighting for Ron Paul (I encouraged him too).

So, what I am thinking is if we Ron Paul supporters could post our favorite youtube clips to this thread, then we can each take them and make our own movie with movie maker and pass them around our neighborhoods.

What say ye?
Good idea. I'm going to start a new thread in the general discussions area for this where it will get more attention.