END THE MANDATE ACT -Introducing Ron Paul's "Private Option"

Submit ALERTS or ACTION ITEMS on what we can do to support Freedom. (i.e. action regarding a bill or other important issue)
LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

END THE MANDATE ACT -Introducing Ron Paul's "Private Option"

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Introducing Ron Paul's "Private Option"

Signing Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE ACT
http://www.chooseliberty.org/hr4995.aspx?pid=em02

May 29, 2010

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Unlike the statists in Washington, the freedom movement understands that our health care is too important to be left to the whims of politicians and bureaucrats.

More Americans are realizing that the Obama administration’s version of “change” means giving the federal government’s corporatist allies even greater power, like rewarding insurance companies with millions of customers who will be forced to buy their product.

Legitimate reform starts with the principles found in two new bills introduced by Ron Paul.

H.R. 4995, the End the Mandate Act, repeals the recently-passed federal mandate requiring Americans to carry government-approved health insurance.

And just this past Thursday, Congressman Paul introduced H.R. 5444, the “Private Option Health Care Act,” which would completely repeal ObamaCare and replace it with free market solutions.

In sharp contrast to mandates and force, H.R. 5444 would:
  • * Provide all Americans with a tax credit for 100% of health care expenses. The tax credit is fully refundable against both income and payroll taxes;
    * Allow individuals to roll over unused amounts in cafeteria plans and Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA);
    * Provide a tax credit for premiums for high-deductible insurance policies connected with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and allow seniors to use funds in HSAs to pay for medigap policies;
    * Repeal the 7.5% threshold for the deduction of medical expenses, thus making all medical expenses tax deductible;
    * Guarantee individuals can purchase health insurance across state lines;
    * Permit a tax credit for negative outcomes insurance purchased before medical treatment, reducing expensive malpractice suits;
    * Reduce barriers to importing FDA-approved prescription drugs.
As Congressman Paul said in his speech introducing H.R. 5444 http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=35801, “the Private Option Health Care Act allows Congress to correct the mistake it made last month by replacing the new health care law with health care measures that give control over health care to individuals, instead of the federal government and politically-influential corporations.”

Click here to get contact information for your representative.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/congress.php

Urge your congressman to strengthen our health care system by cosponsoring and fighting for a standalone, up or down vote on H.R. 5444, the Private Option Health Care Act, and H.R. 4995, the End the Mandate Act.

The same movement that gave Audit the Fed unprecedented momentum can achieve real reform in health care.

Contact Congress right away!

In Liberty,

John Tate

President

P.S. Demand your representative stand up for freedom, the Constitution, and your right to make your own health care decisions by supporting H.R. 5444 and H.R. 4995. Click here to get contact information for your congressman.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/congress.php
Last edited by LoveIsTruth on June 7th, 2010, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Introducing Ron Paul's "Private Option"

Post by LoveIsTruth »

June 7, 2010

Dear ___,

The statists have launched a scheme designed to do two things they love more than anything else: vastly increase the size and power of government - and give our federal masters more control over our personal business.

It's getting harder and harder for them to conceal their true intentions. And people are waking up to it.

This isn't about what Congress wants to "give" Americans.

It's not about health care. It's about power. It's about what THEY get. It's always been about what they get.

And their "take" is staggering. Passage of ObamaCare means:

*** Statist politicians will collect more than $570 BILLION in new taxes on everything from prescription drugs and private insurance plans to medical device manufacturers;

*** Big Government will grow even bigger as the IRS alone will hire thousands of new IRS employees to "ensure compliance;"

*** The power of politicians and bureaucrats will expand dramatically as they FORCE U.S. citizens to buy insurance as a condition of citizenship and seize unprecedented control over American health care and businesses of every size.

So ___, you and I have a choice to make. We can give up and give in. Or we can FIGHT BACK.

Well, as you can imagine, Ron Paul is fighting back, and he's asked us to take action alongside him.

The battle starts with repealing the most repulsive provision of ObamaCare - the government mandate FORCING Americans to purchase health insurance.

And guess who will be enforcing this mandate: our old pals at the IRS, who may diminish or completely withhold your tax refund unless you either carry Obama-approved health insurance or pony up more of your money to cover the fine.

A fine that could cost households and businesses thousands of dollars.

If you agree that we can't let this stand, won't you please sign the first page of Congressman Ron Paul's END THE MANDATE Act (H.R. 4995)?

If passed, Dr. Paul's bill would repeal the federal mandate on citizens and businesses included in ObamaCare.

The End the Mandate Act is only the beginning.

Dr. Paul has also recently introduced his Private Option Health Care Act, H.R. 5444, which repeals ALL of ObamaCare and replaces it with free market reforms, such as creating a FULL deduction for medical expenses, allowing the purchase of health insurance across state lines, and strengthening health savings accounts.

But the fight starts with the End the Mandate Act.

And it MUST start now.

You and I have seen the anger of the American people about this federal power grab.

After all, you've seen the news reports.

But they don't tell the real story.

No matter how government propaganda agencies manipulate economic statistics, unemployment continues to increase.

Some are reporting the real figure is close to 20%.

Yet the spending spree in Congress continues.

In fact, the federal debt is over $13 TRILLION and growing.

More and more countries around the globe are now questioning Federal Reserve policies and talking about the possibility of massive inflation -- despite our "military presence" in their countries or those close by.

So I'm not going to sugarcoat this.

If you and I refuse to END THE MANDATE and then support the Private Option, it could be the last straw.

It could send our fragile economy nose-diving off a cliff.

You see, some reports show ObamaCare could cost as much as $3 TRILLION or more over the next decade.

The new taxes and "fees" intended to partially cover the outrageous cost of ObamaCare will instead most likely stifle any new economic growth and worsen the recession.

That's why it's so critical you sign the first page of Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act IMMEDIATELY.

I can tell you, your signed copy of the bill -- and those from millions of others all over the country -- will make an enormous impact.

The statists in Congress believe they've beaten YOU.

After all, the politicians saw the polls. They knew they weren't doing the "will of the people" when they rammed ObamaCare into law.

But they think they'll get away with it anyway.

You see, the statists in Washington are betting you'll just give up.

They hope you'll forget about politics and get back to your life.

They seek to continue to distract you with their "bread and circuses" routine, along with their willing accomplices in the media and entertainment industries.

But that's not what's going to happen.

Not if Ron Paul and millions of Patriots come to the rescue.

You and I know the Republican Party will not move to fight back unless they're pushed.

In fact, Dr. Paul has already told me of the mood in Congress. Too many Republicans are willing to only nip and tuck around the edges of ObamaCare.

They don't think the American people will remember and work hard enough to defend their freedoms.

Dr. Paul is ready to prove them wrong. Are you ready to get his back and help him fight?

It's up to you and me to prove them dead WRONG.

That's why your signing Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE ACT is so important.

My hope is to distribute millions of signed copies of Dr. Paul's bill on Capitol Hill and SHOCK the political establishment.

Your signed petitions will show the politicians in Washington that we will not go away . . .

. . . that the fight isn't over . . .

. . . and that they'll never get away with ramming another Big Government Bill down our throats again!

And just as importantly, we can send this message to the politicians in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. -- work to DESTROY ObamaCare by cosponsoring Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE ACT, or face the consequences in November.

Trust me -- that will resonate in the halls of Congress.

After all, politicians who are concerned almost solely with power are concerned first with their re-election.

But that doesn't mean this battle will be easy.

Far from it.

Statist politicians in BOTH parties aren't going to give up their new found taxing, regulating and spending power over American citizens without an all-out FIGHT.

So that's exactly what I have planned.

In fact, I've already begun contacting supporters across the country through our internet and email efforts to alert them to Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act.

Of course, these aspects of our mobilization program aren't extremely expensive.

But if I'm not able to dramatically expand our program immediately, our email and internet mobilization will have only minimal impact.

If you and I want to make a real difference in this fight, I need to be able to begin mobilizing an additional fifteen million activists from all over the country IMMEDIATELY.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to use our mail and phone program, which is comparatively more expensive -- especially for such a massive project.

So, in addition to signing the first page of Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act, it's vital you rush me your most generous contribution IMMEDIATELY.

Maybe you can afford $250 or more. I know that's a lot, but just think what's at stake.

If $250 is simply too much right now, please consider a generous contribution of $100 or at least $50 to help Campaign for Liberty and Dr. Paul END THE MANDATE.

I know I don't have to explain how critical this battle is.

If we don't fight back -- if we don't prove to the Big Government politicians that we will not rest until ObamaCare is totally DESTROYED -- this will only be the beginning.

Regardless of which political party takes power, there will be even greater assaults on our remaining health care freedoms until one day, federal bureaucrats are the decision makers in who receives care and who doesn't . . .

. . . and ultimately, who lives and who dies.

This is not the America I want to live in. And this is not the America I want for my kids and grandkids.

___, one reason Dr. Paul has fought against Big Government for over 30 years is that -- like me -- he believes ordinary folks can ultimately defeat the statists in BOTH parties and chart a new course for liberty for our country.

So I hope you agree we can't give up. I hope you'll agree to FIGHT BACK.

If you do, please rush me your most generous contribution of $250, $100 or $50 TODAY!

In Liberty,

John Tate
President

P.S. It's up to you and me to show the statists in Washington, D.C. that under no circumstances is the fight over ObamaCare finished.

The good news is, Congressman Ron Paul has introduced H.R. 4995, the END THE MANDATE Act, which would end compulsory participation in ObamaCare. And his Private Option Health Care Act, H.R. 5444, repeals ALL of the massive ObamaCare scheme and replaces it with effective free market reforms.

That's why it's vital you sign the first page of Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act, so Campaign for Liberty can send a very clear message to Congress that we're going to take a stand for health freedom.

And please, help me mobilize millions more Americans nationwide by sending in your most generous contribution of $250, $100 or $50 TODAY!