Do Women have it easier?

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re: Do Women have it easier?

Post by Bee Prepared »

Rachael wrote:Now I have opened myself up for accusation of having the Freudian concept of penile envy.

Well I wont deny it would be nice to be able to stand up and pee with out it running down my legs
LOL!

Don't forget;

Besides blood issues once a month, childbirth, sore nipples, menopause, and then peeing pants while once again riding a cotton pony.
( Not speaking for myself, yet.) :D

Laffy
captain of 10

Post by Laffy »

I think if every man thought about gender differences throughout history, it would be obvious that -- in general -- women have had a more difficult role than men. I do not like how Rachele worded some aspects of her post above, but agree with her larger premise.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

My philosophical answer is: No one can judge. No woman understands the challenges a man faces, and vice-versa. No white person understands the unique challenges of being a person of color in this country, and vice versa. Same with gay/straight, and really each of us has no idea exactly what all challenges each of our fellow men face. C.S Lewis had a really good commentary on this, that a person born with perfect digestion, etc. etc. may have no problem being an extremely pleasant and like-able person, someone with poor health, dealing with pain, a bad upbringing, and etc. may struggle to treat others civilly. Not to make excuses, we are all ultimately responsible to do the best we can, but we just can;t judge who has it easier, who is better, who is dropping the ball more etc. Hence the counsel not to judge - it doesn't mean that we can't make judgments, we are in fact required to do so. But we should be slow to condemn or not do it at all. We just don;t have enough information, and need to leave that to He who knows everyone better than they know themselvess