Do you carry a weapon and if so, what kind?

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Luthien
captain of 10

Re: Do you carry a weapon and if so, what kind?

Post by Luthien »

Good point Freedomforall - here in Alabama the intruder must be inside your house to be self defense. The local law enforcement always jokes saying, if you shoot an intruder trying to break into your home - drag him inside the door before calling the cops! Smh.... To be honest, I've never fact-checked that little tidbit so it may just be redneck rumor.
And I truly "lol" at the bb, pellet or airgun suggestion!!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Luthien wrote:Good point Freedomforall - here in Alabama the intruder must be inside your house to be self defense. The local law enforcement always jokes saying, if you shoot an intruder trying to break into your home - drag him inside the door before calling the cops! Smh.... To be honest, I've never fact-checked that little tidbit so it may just be redneck rumor.
And I truly "lol" at the bb, pellet or airgun suggestion!!
I was wondering if 600 fps is going to do any damage to an assailant. I mean with only one shot one will not have tie to reload. But an assailant just looking down the barrel may help. Some say that somepin is better than nutten.
Oh, here is a warning to Americans.
Was Piers Morgan full of it concerning the UK?

Check this out:

Oh, and the advice above may have merit. I've heard this as well. But anyone can look up their own state statutes.

maradona
Hi, I'm new.

Post by maradona »

I do not carry any weapon. I am a retired law enforcement officer. After retiring, I sold all my hand guns. I think there is a time (by age, health, mentally and physically) when a person is unable to make the decision not to have firearms. Such a person becomes a risk. All perps were a risk with a weapon. At what age or mental or physical state will you be when you are yourself a potential threat or danger? When we are younger, physically and mentally capable, possession of a firearm with training is an option. However, like licensed vehicle drivers there will come a day when they should no longer operate a vehicle. Remember the former law enforcement officer who shot someone in a theater? He is a person who needed somebody who knew him to prevent his use of a firearm. Nobody was in a position to stop his gun use. I would much rather be killed than to kill an inocent individual. I do my best to stay in tune with the promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am a five foot female who served a mission in Mexico during the '70's. I have taught this way of thinking with all our family and friends. I like the concept Isreal has implimented; everybody participates in military training. This includes the women. Finally, let me add that I like baseball bats, metal or wood. I really know how to swing and throw a bat! I am sad to read one person carries a gun into the Temple, knowing it is not compliant with Church policy. What happened to following Church leaders? There just might be a specific calling where somebody does have a firearm on Temple grounds but it would not be in print on a forum!

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

I have two pellet guns, but I would only use them for self D, if the threat were a sparrow!

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Yes, a Glock, my conceal carry license, and training from FrontSight.

https://www.frontsight.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My best weapon is my husband, as he is ex-military and regularly enters firearms competitions, but he doesn't live in my back pocket. I learned to shoot because God told me to.