Denver Snuffer - Patriarchy

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Denver Snuffer - Patriarchy

Post by shadow »

Thomas wrote:If what has been said about snuffer around here was said about Monson, shadow would set his hair on fire and have a heart attack. Let's get real about double standards.
Watch out, theBrucedude is going to get after you for personal attacks.

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

Thomas wrote:
Epistemology wrote:I hope Denver does what is needed to get his priesthood back and blessings restored. He could be such a champion for Christ and His church.
Priesthood comes from God. He alone can grant it or take it away.

See section 121.
He that giveth also taketh away...

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

Shadow is right on the money with the double standard. its an easy concept which has been explained, demonstrated, explained again, shown, cited and yet ignored...again...

Buuut that's just my 2 cents and when we account for inflation that's about a dollar worth

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

To all Snufferites, church and church leader mockers...the forum administrator, in his own words, has made it clear as to what he expects.
Brian wrote: "respect the fact that this IS a pro-LDS forum and needs to be respectful of LDS beliefs/doctrine."

In other words, the forum rules are to be followed and respected by everyone. Therein is stated that "promoting doctrine contrary to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will not be allowed."

Aren't moderators supposed to be objective, fair and unbiased? If a mod leans toward Snufferism, can he/she moderate fairly or justly because of any ill will toward the church and its leaders displayed in their posts and heavily in their mind? According to forum rules how can a mod be objective and fair if their loyalty is toward mocking the church and promoting any form of doctrine contrary to LDS teachings?

Now since this site is supposed to be a pro-LDS site, shouldn't mods and members alike realize that the discussions about the church, its policies, its teachings, etc. is and should be normal issues talked about and isn't this is the purpose of the forum in the first place. Yet some posters post Snuffer material in an effort to get approval from some of the well grounded LDS's and, imo, get them to fall. Isn't this in actuality a form of baiting?

Christ once said to Satan "it is written, thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." Matthew 4:7 Should well grounded Saints allow themselves to be tempted with negative and demeaning writings or speech?

Shouldn't those in Snuffer's camp know that the promoting of his views, opinions and demeaning speech directed at the LDS church is not in conformity with forum rules?

Isn't there a vast difference between stating some issue is disagreed on compared to doing everything in one's power to convince LDS's they are wrong and stupid for not seeing things their way? Snuffer thread after Snuffer thread keep cropping up as if Snuffer is some kind of hero to be looked up to. Snufferites just can't seem to let LDS's believe what they want, being referred to as blind sheep, following leaders with dead priesthood and no keys, listening to the arm of flesh, idolators, etc.

Do forum rules, in any way, promote this kind of behavior?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Let's see what God says about any changes in the church:

Doctrine and Covenants 56:4
4 Wherefore I, the Lord, command and revoke, as it seemeth me good; and all this to be answered upon the heads of the rebellious, saith the Lord.

God says he is going to test and try us in every way.

Prov. 17:3
3 The fining pot is for silver, and the furnace for gold: but the Lord trieth the hearts.

Revelation 2:23
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Even our Lord and Savior was tested in all things:

Heb 4:15
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Heb 5:8
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

So should we become so shaken up when changes occur?

We may have people that God is purposely placing stumbling blocks before them as done in years past. Could some people plainly be looking beyond the mark, thus falling on their face?

Jacob 4:14
14 But behold, the Jews were a stiffnecked people; and they despised the words of plainness, and killed the prophets, and sought for things that they could not understand. Wherefore, because of their blindness, which blindness came by looking beyond the mark, they must needs fall; for God hath taken away his plainness from them, and delivered unto them many things which they cannot understand, because they desired it. And because they desired it God hath done it, that they may stumble.

Some words of comfort:

Proverbs 3:5,6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.

This sounds like great advice.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Epistemology wrote:Shadow is right on the money with the double standard. its an easy concept which has been explained, demonstrated, explained again, shown, cited and yet ignored...again...

Buuut that's just my 2 cents and when we account for inflation that's about a dollar worth
I think this demonstrates the fear you and others have of the information Snuffer presents. You are free to challenge any idea he puts out there but feel it is unfair that you cannot engage in personal attacks against him.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Thomas wrote:
Epistemology wrote:I hope Denver does what is needed to get his priesthood back and blessings restored. He could be such a champion for Christ and His church.

See section 121.
Does God secretly come down at say 2:00 am so he won't be seen by others, place his hands on someone and bestow the priesthood on them? Or can a worthy Melchizedek priesthood holder do it any time 24/7? Afterall, the priesthood is the ability to act in the name of God, isn't it? A bishop calls in a man or twelve year old boy for an interview to see if he is worthy to receive the priesthood. Now being imperfect as we all are, the boy still has to be striving to live right, like being honest in his dealings, keeping his mind clean and helping others, you know, things like that. But no matter how old we are or get the requirements stay the same. We're striving for perfection aren't we? No one gets into heaven with one foot in hell. It is not easy to have virtue garnish our thoughts but that's what God expects. Then the blessings of he priesthood can be like dews from heaven, also found in D&C 121.

Doctrine and Covenants 121:45
45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

We all have our own agency to choose right or wrong. A priesthood holder may choose wrong and lose all the blessings by wrongful choices, but they were given the chance to do right by the priesthood. God doesn't control that, but he sure has some nasty consequences for wrong choices made.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Thomas wrote:
Epistemology wrote:Shadow is right on the money with the double standard. its an easy concept which has been explained, demonstrated, explained again, shown, cited and yet ignored...again...

I think this demonstrates the fear you and others have of the information Snuffer presents. You are free to challenge any idea he puts out there but feel it is unfair that you cannot engage in personal attacks against him.
Do you confuse "fear" with "wisdom"? It doesn't take much reading to see how far off DS is to the trained eye. People not grounded in the gospel may come to believe anything. Those folks that may be bitter, disgruntled or otherwise hateful of the church will use whatever material they can to justify their bitter feelings...but that still does not make DS's claims accurate. It only feeds the negative.
If you, for one, believe is Snuffer, go for it, but please do not confuse wisdom as being fear. The same thing could be said about the church and its teachings that people are to fearful to learn truth. See the dichotomy? One's paradigm is not the same as another's, but if, and only if they are on the same path leading to the same goal it matters not. But if one path has ruts and bumps and thorns, wisdom says to take a different route. I, for one, will stick with the true gospel of Christ, the brethren and the church in general because it is Christ's church by his own words. To me that is wisdom, Period. This reminds me of Lehi's dream.

You also proved my point that some people will just not let up on Snufferism being pushed on this site. Some of us "feared" that this would continue.
Last edited by freedomforall on December 16th, 2014, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

freedomforall wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Do you confuse "fear" with "wisdom"? It doesn't take much reading to see how far off DS is to the trained eye. People not grounded in the gospel may come to believe anything. Those folks that may be bitter, disgruntled or otherwise hateful of the church will use whatever material they can to justify their bitter feelings...but that still does not make DS's claims accurate. It only feeds the negative.
If you, for one, believe is Snuffer, go for it, but please do not confuse wisdom as being fear. The same thing could be said about the church and its teachings that people are to fearful to learn truth. See the dichotomy? One's paradigm is not the same as another's, but if, and only if they are on the same path leading to the same goal it matters not. But if one path has ruts and bumps and thorns, wisdom says to take a different route. I, for one, will stick with the true gospel of Christ, the brethren and the church in general because it is Christ's church by his own words. To me that is wisdom, Period.
Then why can't you and others counter the ideas? I guess In the first place you have to learn what he actually says. Instead I hear whining about not being able to engage in ad homein attacks.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

freedomforall wrote:
Thomas wrote:

See section 121.
Does God secretly come down at say 2:00 am so he won't be seen by others, place his hands on someone and bestow the priesthood on them? Or can a worthy Melchizedek priesthood holder do it any time 24/7? Afterall, the priesthood is the ability to act in the name of God, isn't it? A bishop calls in a man or twelve year old boy for an interview to see if he is worthy to receive the priesthood. Now being imperfect as we all are, the boy still has to be striving to live right, like being honest in his dealings, keeping his mind clean and helping others, you know, things like that. But no matter how old we are or get the requirements stay the same. We're striving for perfection aren't we? No one gets into heaven with one foot in hell. It is not easy to have virtue garnish our thoughts but that's what God expects. Then the blessings of he priesthood can be like dews from heaven, also found in D&C 121.

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

We all have our own agency to choose right or wrong. A priesthood holder may choose wrong and lose all the blessings by wrongful choices, but they were given the chance to do right by the priesthood. God doesn't control that, but he sure has some nasty consequences for wrong choices made.
The powers of the priesthood do not come from man or the church.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Thomas wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Thomas wrote: I think this demonstrates the fear you and others have of the information Snuffer presents. You are free to challenge any idea he puts out there but feel it is unfair that you cannot engage in personal attacks against him.
If you, for one, believe is Snuffer, go for it, but please do not confuse wisdom as being fear. The same thing could be said about the church and its teachings that people are to fearful to learn truth. See the dichotomy? One's paradigm is not the same as another's, but if, and only if they are on the same path leading to the same goal it matters not. But if one path has ruts and bumps and thorns, wisdom says to take a different route. I, for one, will stick with the true gospel of Christ, the brethren and the church in general because it is Christ's church by his own words. To me that is wisdom, Period.
Then why can't you and others counter the ideas? I guess In the first place you have to learn what he actually says. Instead I hear whining about not being able to engage in ad homein attacks.
Do you feel threatened? Do people believing they are on the right path leading to exaltation is somehow threatening your beliefs? Do you construe strong testimonies of the church and Christ as attacking you? Is Snuffer's writings and lectures so important to you that you feel it is the only path to be taken, and you don't want anyone to say otherwise? If so, you are on the wrong forum. Some people are just plain tired of hearing the same arguments and Snuffer this and Snuffer that that they lose their patience at times. We all have a point where things can be too much to handle. Many people spend a lifetime striving to not only live the gospel but to understand it, to revere it and to implement it into their lives...then comes along Snuffer to pound wedges in those lifetime learned and accepted beliefs.

Like I said, if you want to follow Snuffer, go for it, but please do not expect to drag others along that have spent a lifetime learning to be steadfast and immovable in their beliefs. Snuffer is only one cog on the wheel of life. If that cog were to fall off the wheel it would remain turning. The Book of Mormon is replete with stories of people who fought against truth, cast out prophets, complained and whined about doctrine, had doctrinal disputes and contention, etc. and how they ended up. Only the faithful will survive.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Thomas wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
Thomas wrote: Does God secretly come down at say 2:00 am so he won't be seen by others, place his hands on someone and bestow the priesthood on them? Or can a worthy Melchizedek priesthood holder do it any time 24/7? Afterall, the priesthood is the ability to act in the name of God, isn't it? A bishop calls in a man or twelve year old boy for an interview to see if he is worthy to receive the priesthood. Now being imperfect as we all are, the boy still has to be striving to live right, like being honest in his dealings, keeping his mind clean and helping others, you know, things like that. But no matter how old we are or get the requirements stay the same. We're striving for perfection aren't we? No one gets into heaven with one foot in hell. It is not easy to have virtue garnish our thoughts but that's what God expects. Then the blessings of he priesthood can be like dews from heaven, also found in D&C 121.

The powers of the priesthood do not come from man or the church.
Prove it. A mere statement like this has no value in its concept.
Of what church do you belong? Your statements tells us that you are not well versed in Mormon scriptures. Or is this another Snuffer claim espoused by you.
I said nothing of the power of the priesthood. I said the priesthood. It is only according to mans righteousness as to how well the priesthood works in his life. Righteous living verses wickedness...big difference.
Do not twist my words around as if I said something I did not.
Last edited by freedomforall on December 16th, 2014, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Re: Denver Snuffer - Patriarchy.

Post by Thomas »

Well I haven't been pushing Snuffer lately. I just got tired of of all the whining about it being unfair that people are not allowed to make personal attacks. It is so ridiculous. Someone had to speak up about it.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Do you really think God has done all his work and turned it over to men?

I would post you some scriptures but I am using my phone . Computer is broken. Read D&C 121 for starters.

There is no priesthood without power

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Thomas wrote:Well I haven't been pushing Snuffer lately. I just got tired of of all the whining about it being unfair that people are not allowed to make personal attacks. It is so ridiculous. Someone had to speak up about it.
Brian says to attack the message...not the messenger. Does this answer your question. I try to refrain from personal attacks, sometimes I lose my cool, but still try to be wise about it. I don't use words and phrases like:

You're stupid
You're brain dead
You're dumber than a bag of rocks
You're a blind sheep
If you had half a brain
Is there anything between you ears except wax and mush?
Can't you understand a dang thing?
Did your mother raise any children that lived?
You have a personality like a locomotive...all loco and no motive

However, I strive to be kind in my own way, not acceptable by everyone but things could be worse I suppose. We each have our quirks. God must grin every so often when we do goofy stuff. Being a parent isn't all fun and games, is it?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Thomas wrote:Do you really think God has done all his work and turned it over to men?

I would post you some scriptures but I am using my phone . Computer is broken. Read D&C 121 for starters.

There is no priesthood without power
God sent us to earth to be tried and tested.
God sent Lucifer here to be the tempter, so we can learn sweet from bitter.
God gave us agency to think and act for ourselves. to act or be acted upon.
God tells us to do many mighty works by our own free will and choice.
God says to keep the commandments but lets us break them.
God stands at the door and knocks, but we have to open the door and let him in. He will not force anyone into heaven.

I'd say God did a lot of work so we can govern ourselves, with his help and guidance. Yet there are those that have kicked God out of their lives so they are on their own and will go to hell and suffer as did Jesus for their own sins.
Read the scriptures for starters.

Mosiah 8:18
18 Thus God has provided a means that man, through faith, might work mighty miracles; therefore he becometh a great benefit to his fellow beings.

Doctrine and Covenants 59:18
18 Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart;

2 Nephi 26:24
24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.

Ether 3:4
4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have light while we shall cross the sea.

1 Nephi 17:36,39
36 Behold, the Lord hath created the earth that it should be inhabited; and he hath created his children that they should possess it.

39 He ruleth high in the heavens, for it is his throne, and this earth is his footstool.

Doctrine and Covenants 103:7
7 And by hearkening to observe all the words which I, the Lord their God, shall speak unto them, they shall never cease to prevail until the kingdoms of the world are subdued under my feet, and the earth is given unto the saints, to possess it forever and ever.

Isa. 45:18
18 For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else.
Last edited by freedomforall on December 16th, 2014, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

freedomforall wrote:
Thomas wrote:Well I haven't been pushing Snuffer lately. I just got tired of of all the whining about it being unfair that people are not allowed to make personal attacks. It is so ridiculous. Someone had to speak up about it.
Brian says to attack the message...not the messenger. Does this answer your question. I try to refrain from personal attacks, sometimes I lose my cool, but still try to be wise about it. I don't use words and phrases like:

You're stupid
You're brain dead
You're dumber than a bag of rocks
You're a blind sheep
If you had half a brain
Is there anything between you ears except wax and mush?
Can't you understand a dang thing?
Did your mother raise any children that lived?
You have a personality like a locomotive...all loco and no motive

However, I strive to be kind in my own way, not acceptable by everyone but things could be worse I suppose. We each have our quirks. God must grin every so often when we do goofy stuff. Being a parent isn't all fun and games, is it?
This comment was not about you. I think Brian is right. Attack the message not the messenger but a few people are crying foul because they are not allowed to attack the messenger. Those same people would freak out if there was thread attacking pres Monson. I don't believe personal attacks accomplish much.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Thomas wrote: I don't believe personal attacks accomplish much.
Then why do you do it?

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

Thomas wrote:

lol =)) =)) =))

what are you even talking about? are you accidently writing posts and posting them on the wrong threads?

My post was addressing the double standard of the mods regulating threads and posts.

maybe you haven't seen my stance on moderating but I don't think any threads should be locked or deleted and I don't care what anyone says about anyone as long as the playing field is fair. And as long as no one mocks God or Christ etc.

maradona
Hi, I'm new.

Post by maradona »

Let us not forget Judus Iscariot also knew the Savior. There were a great many people who have seen and heard the Savior. We know from the scriptures ( Mat.24:23-26)there shall be some deceived regarding false Christs, false prophets and if it where possible they shall deceive the very elect. (IF IT WHERE POSSIBLE) My testimony has been given to me in such a way that makes it very difficult To do otherwise than to follow the Council of the 12 and the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints. It has simply been given to me to know of its veracity and I can not deny it. DS 's excommunication is for his benefit (he shouldn't care if the Church is no longer the Savior's true organization on the earth.)and for the benefit of any others who choose to believe or follow him.

erichard
captain of 50

Post by erichard »

I personally am not interested in speeches and books by men with PhDs and otherwise great education. (And that includes the LDS leaders and not just men like Snuffer.) What interests me is uneducated men like Joseph who are given the gift to bring forth the "Word of the Lord".

Besides the scriptures we have, I find the oracles given to the Prophets Brigham, John and Wilford far more enticing that the glossy books of Snuffer.

(and here is a set of them: http://www.2bc.info/pdf/3books.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Has the Lord taken away the gift of oracles again after restoring it to Joseph and other early Mormon prophets? If it is still on the earth, where can these oracles be found?
Last edited by erichard on August 6th, 2015, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

erichard wrote:I personally am not interested in speeches and books by men with PhDs and otherwise great education. (And that includes the LDS leaders and not just men like Snuffer.) What interests me is uneducated men like Joseph who are given the gift to bring forth the "Word of the Lord".

Besides the scriptures we have, I find the oracles given to the Prophets Brigham, John and Wilford far more enticing that the glossy books of Snuffer.

(and here is a set of them: http://www.2bc.info/pdf/3books.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Has the Lord taken away the gift of oracles again after restoring it to Joseph and other early Mormon prophets? If it is still on the earth, where can these oracles be found?

This was given by such revelation, and I find it believable. Too bad the Saints cannot just accept these few inspired words and move on.

Revelation dated February 25, 2015

My son, ye shall write that which I your Savior shall say unto you at this time so that ye be not deceived by the cunning one, for his time is short and he shall do all in his power to thwart all efforts to establish My Zion;
2 Yea even by using My pure doctrine to establish confusion, and suggesting things that are against My will.
3 For if My people are not gathered they are not Mine.
4 For it is the adversary's intention not to gather My people, even My Israel into one group, but to scatter My people into small groups, and make women govern their actions that they may be more easily destroyed.
5 For when the calamities come My people must be gathered into one place and be of one mind and have one purpose to establish My kingdom.
6 For the adversary shall proclaim My doctrine in its purity for the purpose of establishing one major false doctrine among My people to lead even Mine elect to destruction.
7 Yet these things must occur that the wicked be separated from the righteous.
8 For My doctrine is not of many words, for it is a simple matter that even a child can therein under­stand.
9 For I your Savior have placed the man at the head that he may follow Me; and the woman as his helpmeet that she may follow him, if he be righteous.
10 For without a head wherewith is their sight to see the way?
11 And if a body have two heads, one shall say, “We will go this way”, and the other shall say, “We will go this way”, and confusion reigneth.
12 For have I not said that unless it is done the way that God directs it shall not stand at the last day?

13 And say unto My servant David that I have not called Denver Snuffer, for he is not My servant, but he has been taken over totally by the evil one to lead Mine elect astray.
14 For My people are of the true blood of Israel, and must be gathered into one, even as I have promised.
Even so, Amen.
Who dis?

Didn't know God gave revelations in verses...

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Why does God still talk like it's the 1600s?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Who dis?

Didn't know God gave revelations in verses...
I believe it is another break off from the LDS church, a man named Robert Crossfield; It is from from his revelations which are compiled in his book, the Second Book of Commandments.

http://www.mormonfundamentalism.com/Cha ... sfield.htm

13 And say unto My servant David that I have not called Denver Snuffer, for he is not My servant, but he has been taken over totally by the evil one to lead Mine elect astray.
I did not realize he was still giving revelations and I find it interesting that he condemns Snuffer.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

freedomforall wrote:
Does God secretly come down at say 2 am so he won't be seen by others.
Yes as a matter of fact that is exactly how he works .How many people knew about the visit of Moses and John on the Mt of Transfiguration ? How many people knew when Joseph had the first vision and was told his sins were forgiven ? How many knew when Peter ,James and John appeared to Joseph and Oliver and declared that they possessed the keys of the kingdom ? In fact do you know when it happened ? Do you know when Joseph heard the " voice of God" in the Whitmer house? Do you have any idea what God said? How many members of the church even today can tell you when the Melchizedek priesthood was actually restored according to Joseph and most competent historians ? The Lord moves in his own way and doesn't deign to announce it to the world. He doesn't hold press conferences. He typically reveals his will only to those who by service to him and his children and humility have earned his trust