Does the RS Presidency in Your Ward...

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
ApproachingZion
captain of 10

Does the RS Presidency in Your Ward...

Post by ApproachingZion »

Sit at the front of the room for the entire RS meeting on Sunday?

We were told we have to sit up front and we have been doing so but... I strongly dislike it - always have. Starting tomorrow, I think we'll start up front... conduct the opening portion of the meeting, then join the sisters for the lesson.

I think we need more unity and sisterhood, not separation... we need more servants, not not more leaders.

Where does your RS Presidency sit... and how do you feel about it?

karend77
captain of 1,000

Re: Does the RS Presidency in Your Ward...

Post by karend77 »

During opening exercises they sit up front and then move to sit with everyone else during lesson and closing song/prayer.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Our RS pres'y always sits at the front until the lesson begins and then they sit with the rest of the sisters.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

According to my wife they sit up front until the lesson starts and the sit with everyone else. Interesting that our priesthood presidencies do not do this.

Silas
captain of 1,000

Post by Silas »

gkearney wrote:According to my wife they sit up front until the lesson starts and the sit with everyone else. Interesting that our priesthood presidencies do not do this.
My Elders Quorum presidency sits with the Elders during the lesson.

stillwater
captain of 100

Post by stillwater »

Silas wrote:
gkearney wrote:According to my wife they sit up front until the lesson starts and the sit with everyone else. Interesting that our priesthood presidencies do not do this.
My Elders Quorum presidency sits with the Elders during the lesson.
I was in an EQ presidency and we were asked to do this. I've been in others where we were not. It seems ridiculous.

ApproachingZion
captain of 10

Post by ApproachingZion »

How interesting! Thanks for sharing your experiences/knowledge.

At first, I thought the RS Presidency sat up front (for the whole lesson) because it's what's 'always been done' in our ward. But then I asked the Stake RS President about it, she confirmed it as a definite "should."

So there we've sat until today... and it was awesome. :)

Ruby
captain of 100

Post by Ruby »

Ours sit up front at first and then move to sit with someone who is sitting alone when the lesson starts.

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

Ours sits at the front the entire time. It doesn't bother me, it's pretty much always been that way that I remember.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

I don't recall a RS presidency ever sitting up front the whole time. They usually sit with the sisters when the teacher gets up to teach. And I have lived in a great many wards over my lifetime.

MelissaM
captain of 100

Post by MelissaM »

They sit up front. I've been in the ward for 5.5 years. Always have. They are wonderful sisters. Not super impressed with the culturalisms.

Shay
captain of 10

Post by Shay »

Mine NEVER sit up front....

Kellie
captain of 10

Post by Kellie »

Mine sit up front the whole meeting. It would bother me and would probably not sit up front.

Green Rose
captain of 50

Post by Green Rose »

In my ward they begin by sitting up front until the lesson starts, then two sit with the rest of us while one remains "at the helm" so to speak. I feel like it is a good thing mostly because visitors and newbies will be able to quickly identify the presidency. I can recall what it is like to move into a new ward and it is always nice to know where to look for 'leadership' until I know who's who.

SPITZ
Hi, I'm new.

Post by SPITZ »

Our RS pres was asked to sit up front to be able to look into the eyes and faces of all the sisters. This can very much help her, and the presidency feel love for, get to know, and percieve and understand them in ways they would not --mind if they were just looking at backs of heads, and the person giving the lesson only.

SAM
captain of 100

Post by SAM »

SPITZ wrote:Our RS pres was asked to sit up front to be able to look into the eyes and faces of all the sisters. This can very much help her, and the presidency feel love for, get to know, and percieve and understand them in ways they would not --mind if they were just looking at backs of heads, and the person giving the lesson only.
When I was an RS Pres this is what I was told we needed to do as a presidency. I'm not sure it helped me all that much but it did give me an opportunity to think a little more about the sisters. In my current ward they sit down with the rest of the group once the lesson begins.

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

This sitting up front for the entire period is not in the handbook. Another personal preference things that seem to sneek and soon become the norm.

In HP, no body sits up front, just the one conducting and he comes back with the group for the lesson.