General women's meeting....

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Shay
captain of 10

General women's meeting....

Post by Shay »

Who watched it and who loved it?? What're you're thoughts on the conference? I loved it :)

katmr
captain of 100

Re: General women's meeting....

Post by katmr »

I loved the talks, the spirit that was felt and the music was beautiful. I'm very thankful for the beautiful messages that were given and it was really neat to see women of faith from around the world united in the gospel. I did feel a saddened for the girl that gave the opening prayer that seemed to be rehearsed and memorized.

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

First, I think the young girl who gave the opening prayer, well, since she was just a child really, I imagine she was likely quite nervous to say a prayer that millions of people over would be hearing. It may have been written and memorized ahead of time, but, if they were originally the thoughts and intent of her heart...well, it's all good. After all, she was only a child. Shoot, I'd be nervous too!!!!! Our Father in Heaven knows if it was from her heart.

As for the body of the conference, I rather enjoyed it. It was a great reminder that we are "all" important. That no one is better than the other. While I know keeping our covenants is highly important, and most essential for being fit for the kingdom, what really stood out to me was the leaders pleading with us to be kinder to one another, to love one another BETTER. To become of one heart and one mind. Not seeking to injure one another with our hurtful words, judgements, or (usually wrong) preconceived notions about the other. But, to see our commonality. To truly love one another and embrace one another and to cheer for each others success so that we can all sit down with God, together. To really listen to one another. I liked the part where they said that a person just wants to have a place to belong, to have friends, be heard and understood. I wonder....do we really do that? I honestly don't think we do. I honestly think we still have to much of whatever you want to call it between us and amongst us, pride, discord, judgement, dislike or whatever towards one another. I don't think we love one another the way we should. What caused me to pause and think is, what will the Lord have to inflict upon us to get us to see that we have to love one another? In what way will we have to be chastened by His almighty hand? And to think that chastening could be far less if we would just do this ourselves and of our own free will without having to be compelled to do it. We are getting better, but, we still have much work to do. I guess we better get busy don't ya think?

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

Thanks heartsongs. I love what you said about the conference message and I know if I had to pray in from of that many people I'd definitely be nervous too. I was just hoping that it hadn't come by pressure from other sources and she was truly able to speak what's in her heart. Like you said Heavenly Father knows what comes from the heart.