2 questions I'd love to ask... I don't want a mans opinion!

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

2 questions I'd love to ask... I don't want a mans opinion!

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

1) If a man said something and no women heard it, would he still be wrong?

2) If a woman said something and no man heard it, would she still be being ignored?

Thanks

I do not intend to reply to any responses... but what is the point?

Do women usually feel men are wrong about most things,
and that men usually ignore women's advice...

were slow learners :(
Last edited by Kingdom of ZION on September 4th, 2011, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momto5
captain of 50

Re: 2 questions I'd love to ask... I don't want a mans opini

Post by momto5 »

Do women usually feel men are wrong about most things
Nope, my husband is usually always right, even if I don't want to admit it.

My husband usually tries his way first, then if it doesn't work he follows my advice. And I never throw in his face or make comments about me being right.

I honestly feel that men deserve way more credit than women in general give them. I have learned a whole lot from my husband and he from me. Our strengths and weaknesses complement one another so we help each other grow.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

This is your forum, so I did not want to invade you sanctuary yet I long for a conversation with more sincere believers. I find that innately apart of the female gender. I had hope by one post, to get some of you talking about the differences between men and women, without having to ask or question different aspects of the man women relationship to bring out a discussion of the different principles.

What principles? Such as...

Women are good by nature, whereas men are evil by nature. The tree of good and evil is the tree of men and women.
Women possess wisdom, whereas men posses knowledge. In the partaking of each other, we gain the others gift.
Women are born with their power, motherhood, whereas men have to have it conferred upon them, priesthood.
Women are born spiritually awake, men are born completely asleep and many never even awaken in this life.
Women can live alone for years in their advance years and do okay, men do very very poorly when they live alone in those years.
and their are many other principles but these are a good starting place.

Shalom

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: Women are good by nature, whereas men are evil by nature. The tree of good and evil is the tree of men and women.
Women possess wisdom, whereas men posses knowledge. In the partaking of each other, we gain the others gift.
Women are born with their power, motherhood, whereas men have to have it conferred upon them, priesthood.
Women are born spiritually awake, men are born completely asleep and many never even awaken in this life.
Women can live alone for years in their advance years and do okay, men do very very poorly when they live alone in those years.
I agree with most of these statements although I would say that these days men's hearts have softened alot & many more today are wanting & willing to be righteous & not use unrighteous dominion against women, as most men have throughout history. And of course many women have used unrighteous dominion also. But now after 6000 years of being "relegated to a secondary position", as Pres. Hinckley said, women's full equality in the home, church & society is finally being acknowledged, accepted & is starting to be respected.

Heavenly Father announced to the world in Genesis, that women would naturally have feelings of Charity, true love, that their desire shall be to their husbands. But He didn't announce that this Charity generally came naturally for men, though there are many men who have this true love for their wives & we know men are just as able & expected to work to gain it & have their desire be to their wife, (& not let their desires stray) as women are to have such for men.

But it seems that many women today are not maintaining the natural Charity that Joseph Smith said they have been known for. I think it has to do with not honoring our roles as wives & mothers as much as we used to.

So, while men in general seem to be getting better, it seems to me that women seem to be getting worse.

I especially appreciate that you understand that all women (lds or not) were blessed with their power & authority in the Pre-Existence, & bring it to earth with them & maintain it as long as they stay righteous, as Sis Dew & Elder Cowley both said in Gen. Conf. Whereas men must prove worthy of that power & authority here on earth.

I also agree it's generally easier for women to be alone, then men, even though it still is very hard for women. But I believe that has to do with Charity again, which is what gives us the power to stay faithful even when we must live alone.

And of course, while men are gaining more wisdom, which comes from having Charity, women are gaining much more knowledge today, for now they have the same opportunities as men to gain such.

momto5
captain of 50

Post by momto5 »

Men and women are given their differences for a reason. They have equal responsibility and purpose and value, just in different areas. Women by design are to be the nurtures of the children so their god given abilities are in this area. Of course that can be hindered by the way women are raised, or abused, or belittled, etc. Men, on the other hand, do not naturally have the nurturer characteristics because that is not their role in this life. They learn these things from their moms, wives, friends, etc. Men have god given abilities as protectors and providers, leaders of the home. They are naturally given those qualities needed to fulfill those roles. Women do not naturally have those abilities except in protecting of children. To say that men are evil or less than women because they do not naturally posses our gifts is to deny Heavenly Father's purposes. We are given our gifts to fulfill our purposes as men and women and even then it differs as individuals. Men have their struggles (such as not straying) and women have their struggles (such as not coveting the priesthood of men). These are only examples and obviously do not apply to everyone. We all have our weaknesses and strengths. Men do not have more inherent weakness than us just different ones than we do. If we as women treated men as the priests and kings they are, and if they treated us the princesses and queens we are, our homes and lives would be a lot different. Nobody grows and reaches their potential while being bashed and ridiculed, whether men or women. We need to encourage and lift each other up instead.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

KOZ, I know you're not interested in mens' opinions, but this discussion couldn't help but remind me of a saying of one of my good friends:

"Patience is a virtue . . . . found seldom in a woman . . . . never in a man."

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

Oh give me a break! THIS kind of questioning is precisely why I don't like coming here much anymore. This question is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!! I would like to pose a question for you...What on earth do you see valuable in asking questions like this that will get you closer to the Kingdom of God?????

Good Grief!

You can bet that when you come to the judgement seat of Christ that He will NOT be asking this question or any other silly one like it. Rise up and leave the world behind: study the scriptures and see if they have your answer!!!

patriotsaint
captain of 1,000

Post by patriotsaint »

Women are good by nature, whereas men are evil by nature. The tree of good and evil is the tree of men and women.
Source? God created men and women. Are any of his creations inherently evil or were they pronounced "good" by him (Gen 1:31)? If men are evil because of the fall, then women are evil with us. If the nature of women remained good through the fall, then so did the nature of man.
Pointless generalization. I've known foolish men and women as well as wise men and women. Are gifts gained on our own, or are they given by a loving father in heaven? (D&C 46: 11-12)
Power comes from righteousness. Motherhood and priesthood are not truly powerful without it (Alma 56:47-48)(D&C 121: 34-37) Furthermore, women cannot be mothers on their own. The potential is there, but it requires a man to unlock that potential and vice versa. Men cannot be fathers (which we were foreordained to be as well) without the aid of women.
2 Nephi 13:16-24. It is apparent that not all women are born spiritually awake, not even the daughters of Zion. Paul tells us all to avoid spiritual slumber (1thes 5:5-8). Notice he says "children" and not simply "sons." All of heavenly father's children need to wake up, and stay awake.
and their are many other principles but these are a good starting place.
Source? I know men and women in their advanced years that do just fine. There is a close knit group of high priests in my ward that are amazing examples of widowers that are enduring to the end
Your assertions have no scriptural basis and are not supported by the words of modern prophets either. Women can't be elevated by tearing men down. That is one tactic of the feminist movement. Women and men are both equally valuable in the eyes of our heavenly father and have equally important roles to play in his plan.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

Thank you, patriotsaint. I agree.

But I'm definitely right more often than my husband...
:))

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Kingdom of ZION wrote:1) If a man said something and no women heard it, would he still be wrong?

2) If a woman said something and no man heard it, would she still be being ignored?

Thanks

There are a few great books on this topic:

"Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps" by Allan Pease and Barbara Pease
"Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Women Always Need More Shoes"

Yes, there ARE differences between men and women. ;)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Who runs heaven, God or His wife?

If God knows all things, does His wife attempt to change His mind in matters?

Is she subservient to Him, or does she show respect for who He is and His position?

If their method of communication and decision making could be practiced by us in life, would we do many things differently?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

freedomfighter wrote:Who runs heaven, God or His wife?
God--because His wife says so.

If their method of communication and decision making could be practiced by us in life, would we do many things differently?
Yes, my wife would be telepathically yelling at me all the time for all my wicked thoughts she could read that are currently hidden.
If that's the way it is, I'm saying...
:D

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I always liked this scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIm1dYTv-mQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

Kingdom of ZION wrote:1) If a man said something and no women heard it, would he still be wrong?

Thanks

Oviously this is what the relationship between you and your spouse is like.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Songbird wrote:Oh give me a break! THIS kind of questioning is precisely why I don't like coming here much anymore. This question is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!! I would like to pose a question for you...What on earth do you see valuable in asking questions like this that will get you closer to the Kingdom of God?????

Good Grief!

You can bet that when you come to the judgement seat of Christ that He will NOT be asking this question or any other silly one like it. Rise up and leave the world behind: study the scriptures and see if they have your answer!!!
My favorite response on this topic. =)) =)) , you made my day Songbird.

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

Songbird wrote:Oh give me a break! THIS kind of questioning is precisely why I don't like coming here much anymore. This question is a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!! I would like to pose a question for you...What on earth do you see valuable in asking questions like this that will get you closer to the Kingdom of God?????

Good Grief!

+2 :ymapplause: this is a post that is trying to cause contention. I love the differences between men and women. They are good for mankind and in fact could be the very reason why one is a female and one is a male. Your two statements are flawed in every way.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

Is she subservient to Him, or does she show respect for who He is and His position?

They of course both run heaven equally with one heart & mind.

Both know all things & both have all power & neither one has to change the other's mind.

Both are subservient to each other & show total respect & honor for each other's equal position.

If anything Heavenly Father honors his wife's position & desires higher than his own, for the greater sacrifices that a wife gives, in giving her husband posterity.

All marriages would be eternal if at least 'one', & hopefully 'both' spouses possessed 'unconditional love' & served their spouse's desires, needs & wishes above of their own all day, & followed their spouses desires & feelings in any & all decisions. (unless they asked for something evil.)

Righteous husbands & wives respect each other's equal authority, position & voice & veto power & make all decisions unanimously together.

In a righteous marriage, both spouses preside over & lead the family equally together, & there is never any control or unrighteous dominion, where one spouse dictates or makes decisions alone or against the consent or feelings & desires of the other spouse.

If there is an impasse, righteous spouses will just do what the other spouse wants & then they will have the wonderful dilemma of who to please.

There would be little or no arguments in marriage if at least 'one' spouse would be Christlike enough to always be trying to serve the wishes & happiness of the other spouse, hopefully both will do this, then they both will enjoy the 'exultant ecstasy' that Pres. Hinckley said every couple could & should be enjoying.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Amore Vero wrote:

They of course both run heaven equally with one heart & mind.

Both know all things & both have all power & neither one has to change the other's mind.

Both are subservient to each other & show total respect & honor for each other's equal position.

If anything Heavenly Father honors his wife's position & desires higher than his own, for the greater sacrifices that a wife gives, in giving her husband posterity.

All marriages would be eternal if at least 'one', & hopefully 'both' spouses possessed 'unconditional love' & served their spouse's desires, needs & wishes above of their own all day, & followed their spouses desires & feelings in any & all decisions. (unless they asked for something evil.)

Righteous husbands & wives respect each other's equal authority, position & voice & veto power & make all decisions unanimously together.

In a righteous marriage, both spouses preside over & lead the family equally together, & there is never any control or unrighteous dominion, where one spouse dictates or makes decisions alone or against the consent or feelings & desires of the other spouse.

If there is an impasse, righteous spouses will just do what the other spouse wants & then they will have the wonderful dilemma of who to please.

There would be little or no arguments in marriage if at least 'one' spouse would be Christlike enough to always be trying to serve the wishes & happiness of the other spouse, hopefully both will do this, then they both will enjoy the 'exultant ecstasy' that Pres. Hinckley said every couple could & should be enjoying.
I like these answers.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

JulesGP: Where does the bases of these things come from? The good and evil natures comes from the scriptures and endowment insights. Wisdom and knowledge comes from the endowment. Power in one hood's comes from scriptural insights. Being awake comes from endowment insights. Women verse men being alone in their advanced years is by observation. Men can be hermits and women cannot, yet women can function on their own better, just not in isolation.

Amore Vero: Yes men are becoming more like women and women like men... it blurs the lines a little, but lets look at very small children... boys want to go to war, destroy things with a hammer, and have no help doing anything, whereas girls want to baby things, nurture things, look into others faces to get approval and are social. Does charity come natural to beings that are evil by nature? No! Everything testify of the truth, such as the scriptures saying that the natural men has and always was an enemy to God.

momto5: I think you might not really be looking at the actual nature of men, just the outward actions and the type of men who you have or have had in your life. When a third part of Men rebelled in the present of the Father and the Son, and not one women did, you might start to see that base nature revealed. Were talking about billions of men to not even one women.

tmac: I agree with you.

Songbird: Seeing if others see what I see or has been revealed to me, is a way of finding commonality is beliefs and unity in faith. It is never possible to have such with everyone. Coming to the women's board was an attempt to have more unity. You were at least more polite when disagreeing then your male counterpart :) Just a side note, if it was really a total complete waste of time, then responding was even a greater one on your part.

patriotsaint: "Women and men are both equally valuable in the eyes of our heavenly father and have equally important roles to play in his plan." Yes but equal does not mean same, however without men their would be no satan's to perfect us... nor for that matter any Gods :( But if you think realizing and understanding the differences of men and women is wrong, then you would not want to compare the different beings in the different degrees of glories as it might be elevating one status of being over another. By the way, I have noticed that God treats men verses women very differently. Also, I have noticed that the Church has never had a female President, nor has it ever been considered.

ChelC: That happens more often then not!

JohnnyL: Those books sound interesting... your at least honest about things.

freedomfighter: I like the way you think :) Because you think!

7cylon7: Amon!

momto5
captain of 50

Post by momto5 »

I'm not looking on the nature of men I'm looking on their hearts. Nowhere in the scriptures does it state that men are more wicked than women or vice versa. You hear all the time in the news about women who have beaten or killed their children or others. And what about abortion. Whatever happened to thou shalt not kill. Yet women are killing their babies everyday. There were also women in the scriptures who were cursed for their vanity and pride and trinkets, and tinkling things they adorned themselves with. And these were the Daughters of Zion who knew better. Women sin too and just as much as men. I don't know, maybe men are held to a higher standard because they have the priesthood causing less men to make it back to heaven(just an idea).
So far in reference to those kicked out of heaven I see the words to describe them as: spirits, hosts of heaven, angels, many. Nowhere in the scriptures does it say women were not kicked out, but only men.
In Job 38:7 it states When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy (foot notes sons and daughters). Sounds to me like their were many good men in heaven
In Alma 13: 3 in reference to men being call as high priests, ..being called and prepared from the foundation of the world....on account of their EXCEEDING faith and good works...they having chosen good, and exercising EXCEEDINGLY great faith, are called with a holy calling (emphasis mine)
Sounds to me like there are some very good, righteous men.

patriotsaint
captain of 1,000

Post by patriotsaint »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: Yes but equal does not mean same, however without men their would be no satan's to perfect us... nor for that matter any Gods :( But if you think realizing and understanding the differences of men and women is wrong, then you would not want to compare the different beings in the different degrees of glories as it might be elevating one status of being over another. By the way, I have noticed that God treats men verses women very differently. Also, I have noticed that the Church has never had a female President, nor has it ever been considered.
Where did I ever say that men and women are the same? I have no problem discussing the differences between men and women. What I have a problem with is this false doctrine you are teaching that men are inherently evil while women are inherently good. As I stated before, in the beginning God pronounced all his creations as good (Gen1:31), then both men and women fell along with the whole earth. Either we are both good by nature, or because of the fall we are both evil. Also, I don't know what Gospel you subscribe to, but in the Gospel I know it is not "the satans" that perfect us, but the atonement of the Savior.

Your example of the degrees of glory is a straw man. On one hand you judge a whole group of individuals unjustly. On the other hand individuals determine their own merit through the use of agency. See the difference?

Also, what on earth does the fact that the Church has never had a female president have to do with the discussion at hand?
Last edited by patriotsaint on November 5th, 2011, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

I guess the word 'Nature' is confusing to some, lets say it another way "Natural'... the Natural Man is an enemy of God and has been from the beginning. The Natural Women is a chosen vessel of the Lord. If she allows herself to become polluted, then she too can become an enemy of God. If the man chooses to awake and arise, he can become very elect, and repent of his nature or natural tendencies and rather than being a brute beast of the field, he can become a son of the living God. If he were to absolutely become perfect, he could even one day be the anointed one, only begotten of the Father, a God himself in his own right.

patriotsaint
captain of 1,000

Post by patriotsaint »

Kingdom of ZION wrote:I guess the word 'Nature' is confusing to some, lets say it another way "Natural'... the Natural Man is an enemy of God and has been from the beginning. The Natural Women is a chosen vessel of the Lord. If she allows herself to become polluted, then she too can become an enemy of God. If the man chooses to awake and arise, he can become very elect, and repent of his nature or natural tendencies and rather than being a brute beast of the field, he can become a son of the living God. If he were to absolutely become perfect, he could even one day be the anointed one, only begotten of the Father, a God himself in his own right.
The term "natural man" as found in Mosiah 3:19 and other scriptures applies to both men and women. A quick google search would show you this. Here is one example from Elder Neal A Maxwell (and there are dozens of others):

"Such is the scope of putting off the burdensome natural man who is naturally selfish. (See Mosiah 3:19.) So much of our fatigue, brothers and sisters, in fact, comes from carrying that needless load. This heaviness of the natural man prevents us from doing our Christian calisthenics; so we end up too swollen with selfishness to pass through the narrow needle’s eye."

Full Article Here

You claim that men are evil by nature, while women are not. The proclamation on the family doesn't agree with you. In it you can find the statement that, "All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny."

I'm still waiting on you to provide any references that support your claims. Show me where a prophet has taught that men are evil by nature while women are good by nature. This is a false doctrine plain and simple.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

patriotsaint wrote:
Kingdom of ZION wrote:I guess the word 'Nature' is confusing to some, lets say it another way "Natural'... the Natural Man is an enemy of God and has been from the beginning. The Natural Women is a chosen vessel of the Lord. If she allows herself to become polluted, then she too can become an enemy of God. If the man chooses to awake and arise, he can become very elect, and repent of his nature or natural tendencies and rather than being a brute beast of the field, he can become a son of the living God. If he were to absolutely become perfect, he could even one day be the anointed one, only begotten of the Father, a God himself in his own right.
The term "natural man" as found in Mosiah 3:19 and other scriptures applies to both men and women. A quick google search would show you this. Here is one example from Elder Neal A Maxwell (and there are dozens of others):

"Such is the scope of putting off the burdensome natural man who is naturally selfish. (See Mosiah 3:19.) So much of our fatigue, brothers and sisters, in fact, comes from carrying that needless load. This heaviness of the natural man prevents us from doing our Christian calisthenics; so we end up too swollen with selfishness to pass through the narrow needle’s eye."

Full Article Here

You claim that men are evil by nature, while women are not. The proclamation on the family doesn't agree with you. In it you can find the statement that, "All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny."

I'm still waiting on you to provide any references that support your claims. Show me where a prophet has taught that men are evil by nature while women are good by nature. This is a false doctrine plain and simple.
Satan tempted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of from Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Explain why it was Eve who partook of the fruit first. Adam wanted no part of it at first, right? Need anyone say more?

To say women are more righteous than men is unfounded rubbish.

Amore Vero
captain of 100

Post by Amore Vero »

freedomfighter wrote: Satan tempted Adam and Eve to eat the fruit of from Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Explain why it was Eve who partook of the fruit first. Adam wanted no part of it at first, right? Need anyone say more?

To say women are more righteous than men is unfounded rubbish.
Actually, Eve was the world's 1st leader & proved her valiancy & righteousness by being willing to partake of the fruit 1st, as she led a reluctant Adam to the path of progression with her. She understood that what she was doing was right & good & she wanted to fulfill the other commandment Heavenly Father had given them, to multiply & replenish the earth & she knew she had to eat of the tree in order to do that, despite the natural consequences of that brave choice.

"We & all mankind are forever blessed because of Eve's great courage & wisdom. By partaking of the fruit 1st, she did what needed to be done. Adam was wise enough to do likewise."
Elder Russell M. Nelson, CR Oct.1993.

"Eve set the pattern. She made the most courageous decision any woman has ever made & in leading Adam opened the way for us to progress. She set an example of womanhood, for men to respect & women to follow."
Sister Sheri Dew, CR Oct. 2001.

"Eve was the 1st to choose this necessary course. She led the way for all into mortal life."
Sister Sheri Dew, CR Oct. 2001.

"I never speak of the part of Eve's role in the fall as a sin, for it was something that Adam & Eve had to do."
Joseph Fielding Smith, Doctrines of Salvation 1:114.