A tribute to the righteous women of the world

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

A tribute to the righteous women of the world

Post by NoGreaterLove »

I used to think that man and women were equal. When I heard so many leaders of the church praising their wives as being more spiritually mature then they were, I would cringe in disbelief.
My wife seemed to be not as mature spiritually when we first were married. It seemed I was always picking her up, trying to set the example and leading the way.
But just like a sleeping giant she arose one day. Just as if she was always a spiritual giant who was just asleep for a while, resting for the next challenge at hand. Me!
She is awake now, loving, kind, compassionate, understanding, nurturing, always abounding in good works. Yes, she has left me behind spiritually in leaps and bounds. She is a true mother of God's children and I am in awe.
Thanks to all you worthy women who follow Christ. Maybe the world does not know who you really are, but I do, and most importantly, Christ does!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A tribute to the righteous women of the world

Post by Original_Intent »

I feel the same way about my wife, except for the sleeping giant part. As long as I ahve known her she has been an incredibly spiritual and longsuffering person. She has put up with me for 19 years and still thinks she can handle eternity with me!

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Thanks NGL for the fine thought.
Women seem to grow in the virtue of charity much quicker than us men. I guess it may have something to do with the intensity of the selfless service they offer in and sometimes outside the family. We men have to learn to serve in a less intense environment. Are women more spiritual than men? Or do they just receive the divine approbation for the service they render and thus are actually more advanced than most of us, even the apostles?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

I am told in my Patriarchal Blessing that I am a sweet and noble spirit. My sons seem to me to be equally as strong spiritually, if not more so.

loquaciousmomma
captain of 100

Post by loquaciousmomma »

Thanks for the kind words NGL. As a stay at home mom, I see the evidence of my weaknesses all around me constantly. It can get discouraging. We ladies need a pep talk every once in a while. :)

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:)
NoGreaterLove wrote: Thanks to all you worthy women who follow Christ. Maybe the world does not know who you really are, but I do, and most importantly, Christ does!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:-H @};- :-H