Questioning my Garments

A place for conservative women to discuss true women's liberation, the role of women in healing America, the truth about feminism and more...
mhewett
captain of 100

Re: Questioning my Garments

Post by mhewett »

LouiseLane13 wrote:This is my first post. I’m hoping I posted this in the right place. I don’t really know how to explain but lately I’ve been feeling that I don’t wish to wear my garments anymore. I feel that I need to reflect on why I actually wear them and not worry so much about what others think. I don’t know if I truly understand. I feel that I get caught up in thinking what others might think if I stop wearing my garments (not that I plan to dress too crazy or anything). I really don’t think I should be caring what others think. If wearing them because everyone else is and because we are supposed to is my reasoning, I don’t feel it’s right.

I know I haven’t been the most spiritual person lately. I don’t read my scriptures and I only pray once a day. I find myself questioning what I really do believe. (*Side note I am a convert. Technically I have been LDS since I was baptized at 9 but I only attended church a handful of times growing up and my parents weren’t LDS. I have only been active for maybe 3 years and even now I don’t know if I’m technically ‘active’). I’m so thankful that I didn’t grow up in the LDS culture (no offense to anyone who has enjoyed being a part of it). Before I never focused on clothes or piercings or tattoos- I knew and still know that they don’t make a person any better or different or worse than me. I think how we treat people is much more important than the clothes we wear, even if they are garments underneath our clothes.

I hope that this makes sense. Is it wrong to stop wearing them and reflect and read and truly learn about why I feel this way? I would love some words of encouragement or loving advice.

Louise the first 2 comments from Nan and Kathyn are great advice. I would encourage you to follow what they said. I would also add that on a forum like this you will get varied responses, some good, some bad, some very bad. There is a lot of tangents on this subject that can be thrown around and take you far from what is the correct thing to do, but you have great advice right there with Nan and Kathyn. I would also encourage you to reflect on your testimony, when the spirit tells you something, you simply cannot deny it without lying so what is the basis for your testimony? Mine is spiritual experiences that could come in no other way than from living the commandments. I have mentioned on this site about a priethood administration I gave on my mission. That could only happen by having the right authority and from keeping the commandments. We have the correct authority and the correct and true commandments in the church that lead to miracles like the blessing I gave at that time.

I know one woman who started to feel she wasn't sexy enough and blamed the garments for how she felt. That is one of the reasons she is now not active and goes to other churches. Please don't follow her path. Listen to Nan and Kathyn.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

LouiseLane13 wrote:This is my first post. I’m hoping I posted this in the right place. I don’t really know how to explain but lately I’ve been feeling that I don’t wish to wear my garments anymore. I feel that I need to reflect on why I actually wear them and not worry so much about what others think. I don’t know if I truly understand. I feel that I get caught up in thinking what others might think if I stop wearing my garments (not that I plan to dress too crazy or anything). I really don’t think I should be caring what others think. If wearing them because everyone else is and because we are supposed to is my reasoning, I don’t feel it’s right.

I know I haven’t been the most spiritual person lately. I don’t read my scriptures and I only pray once a day. I find myself questioning what I really do believe. (*Side note I am a convert. Technically I have been LDS since I was baptized at 9 but I only attended church a handful of times growing up and my parents weren’t LDS. I have only been active for maybe 3 years and even now I don’t know if I’m technically ‘active’). I’m so thankful that I didn’t grow up in the LDS culture (no offense to anyone who has enjoyed being a part of it). Before I never focused on clothes or piercings or tattoos- I knew and still know that they don’t make a person any better or different or worse than me. I think how we treat people is much more important than the clothes we wear, even if they are garments underneath our clothes.

I hope that this makes sense. Is it wrong to stop wearing them and reflect and read and truly learn about why I feel this way? I would love some words of encouragement or loving advice.
LouiseLane,

I would say everyone has been here before, if not in personal thought, in actuality... living out the dream (your way).
May I caution you first to ponder this:

After attending the LDS Temple many times, I have come to this conclusion. Always ask lots of questions…never stop! It shows your spirit and mind are open… the only caution is about judgment.

1 JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote
(a “mote” is an external symbol of a religious structure or external traditions of a culture and/or politics that man uses to judge, exalt or blame others by) that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam (a “beam” is another external symbol of a religious structure or external traditions of our culture and/or politics that man uses to judge, exalt or blame others by) that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
(In both cases the “mote of judgment” and the “beam of judgment” must be cast out in order that unconditional clarity of “heart” and “mind” can awaken in us and be manifest in us). Matthew 7: 1-5.

“Judgment” is always connected to “structures” or “forms;” and comes with a host of emotions. It has ruined more relationships, individuals, families, homes, tribes, cultures, business, governments, religions, nations, countries, races, friendships with broken hearts, despair, lies, greed, separation, lust, war, anger, worry, stress and hate than any other characteristic or attribute of the human character! It is poison to the soul! It cunningly damns any individual who embraces it! The only way to get rid of it; is not to use it or engage in it; it is that simple! To be aware of it is the first step of healing, but to give it our energy and obedience is damming. If we change our thinking to the “unconditional” path of unconditional love, unconditional honesty with deep beliefs and feelings, our lives will change forever!

The whole temple endowment is symbolic of our individual makeup. Within each of us is a “Garden of Eden” a “tree of knowledge of good and evil” and a “tree of life” (This is the “Circle of Truth” …I can send you a copy if you like…send a private message on this forum). The characters played out in the temple endowment are our own. The Father, Michael and Jehovah is our “potential to become” or the “god seeds” within us. Satan is a representation of our fallen nature, our ego, the natural man or natural woman in us, always seeking to blame or find fault with others. The clothes we enter the temple in is a representation of the same… our “fallen nature…” by taking them off (placing them on the altar so they can be consumed by fire and forever gone), we are spiritually committing ourselves to putting on another nature (a divine one within!). The temple garments and other robes we put on is our acceptance of making this covenant with our “god potential” within and a covenant with Christ and Father (Michael) without. The green apron we put on is the representation of our choice to enter “mortality,” our birth into the mortal element. What we learn in mortality will forever go with us.

The temple endowment is all symbolic. Even Peter, James and John are metaphors of “messengers” that come to share spiritual truths which are cloaked in “forms and structures” so that we learn to ponder and pray for meaning and understanding and above all, seek a personal “face to face” with Christ and Father. The temple endowment ends as we pass through the veil after a “face to face” with Christ and we then enter a new endowment with Father …if we seek it!

There are many voices within the “form and structure” of the LDS Church and I am one of them… hence the importance of you seeking the truth yourself with a personal foundation of what is true, eternal and innate! You have to begin with a foundation that is not connected to a “form or structure” in order to experience Christ or the Father “face to face,” in its fulness. You know the “Circle of Truth” (mentioned above) is about a foundation that is eternal and innate to you; with counsel from Christ on “judgment,” that if not followed will lead to self-apostasy (a denial of your own potential to become as god is...purposely, willingly taking a path you know is not right). In your heart pray for those who judge and find fault with you or find fault with the “forms and structures” you revere. Personify the foundation of truth you know is within...it will never deceive you or lead you astray. All people are wonderful and special to Christ and Father… hold that belief and trust and faith sacred!

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I realize this is in the "Sisters in Zion" sub-forum, but I just have to say - every time I see this topic, I picture a pair of garments in an interrogation chamber being given the "third degree".

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

ithink wrote:
freedomforall wrote:If an angel appears, reach out your hand and ask to shake their hand.

Doctrine and Covenants 129:4-9
4 When a messenger comes saying he has a message from God, offer him your hand and request him to shake hands with you.
5 If he be an angel he will do so, and you will feel his hand.
6 If he be the spirit of a just man made perfect he will come in his glory; for that is the only way he can appear—
7 Ask him to shake hands with you, but he will not move, because it is contrary to the order of heaven for a just man to deceive; but he will still deliver his message.
8 If it be the devil as an angel of light, when you ask him to shake hands he will offer you his hand, and you will not feel anything; you may therefore detect him.
9 These are three grand keys whereby you may know whether any administration is from God.

When receiving answers to prayers:

Doctrine and Covenants 8:2
2 Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

These are ways of being certain one is getting correct information from God.
That is pure RUBBISH. Joseph asserted that the same angel that appeared with a sword and commanded him to legally adulterate was the same one that appeared to him from the beginning. Later, he renounced that and said he was "deceived". If so, it is not possible a true messenger from God can deliver positive messages, then go wrong so badly.

Joseph said if his error was not put down abruptly, it would ruin the Church. Now there is a prophecy for you. It is clear that practice was not put down abruptly, it continued on covertly and then overtly for decades and decades under the Brighamites, but the damage it did is just beginning to take hold now.

Joseph's method for discerning by hand clasping failed him, and it will fail you too.

As for the other method, with promptings and ideas, and feelings. Look, I haven't darkened the door of the chapel for nearly two years. What "inspiration" I ever had hasn't let up one iota. I get all kinds of promptings, ideas, and sentences. What "knowledge" I think I receive, has to be measured against what I already know. And I'm far enough down the line to accept anything from any source if I perceive it to be true, while I just as easily reject anything from anyone if it's perceived (by me) to be not. This privilege is granted to all men. Some tune into it better than others, but it is there for everyone. You and I and everyone else have a spiritual connection that can be easily cultivated with or without a bricks and mortar church of any shape or form.

The key though is that such promptings are not for anyone else but me. I can say anything I want, and anyone else can agree or disagree, but as soon as someone thinks I'm a seer or a prophet, there is the fatal mistake right at the start.

Believe in your self, your "I am", and you will be fine.
ithink,

Do you have a reference for this:

Joseph asserted that the same angel that appeared with a sword and commanded him to legally adulterate was the same one that appeared to him from the beginning. Later, he renounced that and said he was "deceived". If so, it is not possible a true messenger from God can deliver positive messages, then go wrong so badly.

Joseph said if his error was not put down abruptly, it would ruin the Church.

natekriv
captain of 50

Post by natekriv »

Part of the churches teaching on the garment is that if you wear the garments faithfully you will not be taken from the earth until your mission in life is fulfilled, or be taken from before your time, or however they teach it. I have heard it many ways.

I would refute that if you do not wear your garments the same holds true. God has set the bounds of everyone's life. He knows what we will choose, He knows exactly when we will die. This will not change. God will not be surprised.

I applaude you for this but be sure if you I hope you will pray and get the approval of God. He will tell you it's ok to not wear garments. Joseph smith wasn't wearing his garments when he was killed. Fancy that. The symbols are the freemasonry symbols that we see on the front of most of their lodges. We see them everywhere. We don't need to put phylacteries on to remember God. Many people well versed in church history don't think joseph smith instituted the endowment at all, but that it was brigham young. Either way it is between us and God to find out if the current garments are good or if they are just a fulfillment of prophecy in Isaiah 59

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I thought this was an interesting release from the church:

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/temple-garments

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

SkyBird wrote: ithink,

Do you have a reference for this:

Joseph asserted that the same angel that appeared with a sword and commanded him to legally adulterate was the same one that appeared to him from the beginning. Later, he renounced that and said he was "deceived". If so, it is not possible a true messenger from God can deliver positive messages, then go wrong so badly.

Joseph said if his error was not put down abruptly, it would ruin the Church.
I would like to read about this also.

this is an interesting read:

http://mormonhistoricsites.org/wp-conte ... -Sword.pdf

confusedinzion
captain of 10

Post by confusedinzion »

I found, for myself, I loved them at first and then I hated them and now I just have a love/hate relationship with them. When I first wore them I felt special. I loved touching each symbol. I loved the sacredness of it all. Then I got hot. I got uncomfortable. It was hard to shop. Ugh! Total Pain….and then I realized that those were all secular things. Secular problems. You don't wear them because everyone else does. We wear them because it's literally bringing the covenants of the Temple with you. It's like wearing the Temple. But, it can/is really annoying.

As for reading the scriptures and prayer, I feel like that it a pressure we put on ourselves. We go through seasons. There are times God is close. And then there are times that God seems silent. But we show up in our prayers and our scripture study because when He decides to speak, we'll be ready. And really, like any parent God will take what the children offer. So if it's once a day prayer for you right now. I think he beams.

So my answer as to IF you should wear the garments is this…It's personal. Only you know the answer to what you should do.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

confused - you seem remarkably unconfused on the garment issue. good for you.

Stephanie B
captain of 50

Post by Stephanie B »

=== wrote:I thought this was an interesting release from the church:

It's interesting to me that the Church always warns about disclosing sacred things, yet here we have an example where speaking and displaying temple underwear and clothing is okay.. Huh??? Perfect conondrum?

How many people would the church have come after to enforce discipline had they put together such a video themselves?

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

HappyOne wrote:

It's interesting to me that the Church always warns about disclosing sacred things, yet here we have an example where speaking and displaying temple underwear and clothing is okay.. Huh??? Perfect conondrum?

How many people would the church have come after to enforce discipline had they put together such a video themselves?

Just Denver. But I think it's the name, just different.

SkyBird
captain of 100

Post by SkyBird »

HappyOne wrote:

The reality is that if the "forms and structures" (garments, endowments, ceremonies, priesthoods) of religion (any religion) could save (as in exalt to Godhood) all mankind would be saved because of the "Mormon" enthusiasm to do temple work for the whole human family... but the "reality" is that is not so…that is not the meaning for the work of (or for) the dead. It is a metaphor of mankind’s spiritual connection to godliness and holiness of character.

Ancient Israel thought the “blood of goats” could save them (exalt them). Modern Israel thinks the “blood of Christ” will save them (exalt them). In both cases it will never happen, it is impossible! It is a spiritual metaphor to be understood through principles innate to each individual by repentance and forgiveness (which is mercy) and to the innate principle of justice that will then reclaim us and bring one back into “Gods” presence…if one continues to manifest other innate principles, called “divine nature” of which all mankind potentially has woven into his or her spiritual nature.

“For the law (forms and structures…ordinances and ceremonies of any religion) having a shadow of good things to come…CAN NEVER…make the comers thereunto perfect” (Hebrews 10: 1). “But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance…For it is NOT POSSIBLE that the blood of bulls and of goats (or the blood of Christ) should take away sins” (Hebrews 10: 3-4)… it is only through repentance of all our carnal nature… putting off the old and putting on the new man of holiness and godliness of thought, word and deed that the at-one-ment of “Christ” is manifest in our lives. Religion is not a magic pill one can take, becoming members, and think salvation is automatic or guaranteed… religion, priesthood keys and authority is merely a “remembrance,” a metaphor of a spiritual transformation we must each recognize and personify and divorce ourselves of the condemning nature of judgment and elitism so many religions (its members) get addicted to. What, “know ye not that ye are the temple of God.”

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

jbalm wrote:Honestly, your underwear is nobody else's business.

(I wanted to say, in response to the title of this thread, "what did you ask them?"...but it's your first post.)
She made it everyone's business.

rashedibragimov
Hi, I'm new.

Post by rashedibragimov »

new

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

There is a high risk for those who received their endowment and not wearing garments faithfully.
https://www.lds.org/new-era/2006/07/spo ... y=garments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although we overcame the mud slides, we were all spotted with mud. The missionaries were somewhat nervous about standing before their president on zone conference day when he and his wife would be carefully checking their appearance.

As you and I slosh through the mud slides of life, we can’t help getting a few mud spots on us along the way either. And we don’t want to stand before the Lord looking muddy.

When the Savior appeared in ancient America, He said, “Repent, all ye ends of the earth, and come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day” (3 Ne. 27:20).

Alma warns us about some of the ways we become spotted with mud: “For our words will condemn us, yea, all our works will condemn us; we shall not be found spotless; and our thoughts will also condemn us” (Alma 12:14).

Alma also said:

“There can no man be saved except his garments are washed white; yea, his garments must be purified until they are cleansed from all stain. …

“How will any of you feel, if ye shall stand before the bar of God, having your garments stained with blood and all manner of filthiness?” (Alma 5:21–22).

He then asks us how we are doing as we cross through the mud slides of life: “Have ye walked, keeping yourselves blameless before God? Could ye say, if ye were called to die at this time, … that your garments have been cleansed and made white through the blood of Christ?” (Alma 5:27).

Because of repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ, our garments can be spotless, pure, fair, and white. Moroni pleads, “O then ye unbelieving, turn ye unto the Lord; cry mightily unto the Father in the name of Jesus, that perhaps ye may be found spotless, pure, fair, and white, having been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb, at that great and last day” (Morm. 9:6).

And from:
https://www.lds.org/ensign/1992/09/how- ... y=garments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christ’s Summary to His Nephite Leadership

The Savior’s first teachings to the Nephites, described above, were aimed at settling disputations about the points of his doctrine. (See 3 Ne. 11:28.) His later visit to the disciples, described in 3 Nephi 27, focuses similarly on another public disputation, this time regarding the name of his church. (See 3 Ne. 27:3.) The Savior’s response is to point to the gospel. Just as individuals are instructed to take upon themselves Christ’s name, the church will be Christ’s if it is called in his name and “if it so be that they are built upon my gospel.” (3 Ne. 27:8.) The necessity of being built upon his gospel is stated four times. (See 3 Ne. 27:5–13.)

Whoever repents and is baptized will be filled (with the Holy Ghost); and if the person endures to the end, he or she will be held guiltless at the day of judgment. Those who do not endure to the end will be cast into fire. (See 3 Ne. 27:16–17.)

The Savior’s second articulation emphasizes the role of faith: “Nothing entereth into [the Father’s] rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end.” (3 Ne. 27:19.) This verse does not explicitly mention baptism of water or of fire and of the Holy Ghost, but they are implied in the idea of washing one’s garments in Christ’s blood.

His third articulation clarifies this last point: “Repent, … come unto me and be baptized in my name, that ye may be sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost, that ye may stand spotless before me at the last day.” (3 Ne. 27:20.)

This series of statements in 3 Nephi 27 is framed by verse 13 and the concluding reaffirmation in verse 21 [3 Ne. 27:13, 21]: “Verily, verily, … this is my gospel.” As brief as these statements are, further insights on Christ’s doctrine emerge:

Faith and repentance lead to the baptisms of water and fire, by which people wash their garments in Christ’s blood, and are key to endurance, or “faithfulness unto the end.” (3 Ne. 27:19.)

Likewise, baptism, mentioned two times, is included in the concept of washing garments clean in the Savior’s blood. (See 3 Ne. 27:16, 19–20.)

Baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost is mentioned or implied three times, but in different terms. The promise that those who are baptized will be filled (see 3 Ne. 27:16) refers to the Holy Ghost in light of 3 Nephi 12:6. [3 Ne. 12:6] The statement that those who come unto Christ and are baptized will be “sanctified by the reception of the Holy Ghost” elaborates on the cleansing power of the baptism of fire and its implicit inclusion in the washing of garments in the blood of Christ. (See 3 Ne. 27:20.)

Enduring to the end is, in one articulation, defined as “faithfulness unto the end.” (3 Ne. 27:19.)

With the focus on judgment in this chapter, the rewards of the faithful are defined as being held “guiltless” at the judgment day. (See 3 Ne. 27:16.) The Savior also discusses the rewards in terms of entering his Father’s kingdom or rest. (See 3 Ne. 27:19.) The judgment context reappears in the final articulation, in which the Lord promises the faithful that they will be able to “stand spotless before [him] at the last day.” (3 Ne. 27:20.)

So...for anyone wanting to be declared clean, spotless and pure...might want to wear the garment with faith and obedience, enduring to the end.

suburbanism
captain of 10

Post by suburbanism »

Why wear the garment with blind obedience as the only motivator? A person has the right to figure things out for themselves, and that journey might require wearing garments or not. Reading this whole thread, and the last comments from freedomforall (unfortunately those scripture soundbites didn't do it for me because, absent of context, i take them a different way than you probably intended), I am thinking that garments spotted with mud or whatever might be totally symbolic. If our garments are to be made white through the blood of christ, that is not a literal thing where we are talking about the actual garments you are wearing right now. That would be a symbolic thing. As with all of the symbolic stuff, if you get to a certain point of understanding, you dont need to deal in symbolism as much because you have the direct knowledge. Also (and I know some people will freak out over this one) I see the whole church that way. Take part in it and learn from it. If you are progressing correctly there will be a time where you grow out of, or grow beyond the church. So maybe garments work the same way. These are just the thoughts that have come to me while pondering this thread.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

How does someone "outgrow" the Church? Do you honestly think that you have progressed to the point that you can bypass it and the temples and covenants? How, then do you serve the Lord? Is it all about you or is it about others?

Sister_Sarah
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Sister_Sarah »

What does the Bible say about wearing garments? When I think of Christ, my first thought is of Romans 3:9-11, "...There is no righteous person, not even one." When we get to Heaven, Christ won't be worried about men's rules about wearing garments. He is only concerned about our hearts.

(((hugs))) :)

Luthien
captain of 10

Post by Luthien »

"Question your doubts before you question your faith.."
Keep wearing them while on this little journey :)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

kathyn wrote:How does someone "outgrow" the Church? Do you honestly think that you have progressed to the point that you can bypass it and the temples and covenants? How, then do you serve the Lord? Is it all about you or is it about others?
By growing... :)
Maybe she has.
Serving people, how do you?
It's all about us, and the Lord.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

kathyn wrote:How does someone "outgrow" the Church? Do you honestly think that you have progressed to the point that you can bypass it and the temples and covenants? How, then do you serve the Lord? Is it all about you or is it about others?
From first-hand accounts of heavenly beings, it doesn't appear that they wear temple garments. Have they outgrown their temple covenants to wear them?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

suburbanism wrote:Why wear the garment with blind obedience as the only motivator? A person has the right to figure things out for themselves, and that journey might require wearing garments or not. Reading this whole thread, and the last comments from freedomforall (unfortunately those scripture soundbites didn't do it for me because, absent of context, i take them a different way than you probably intended), I am thinking that garments spotted with mud or whatever might be totally symbolic. If our garments are to be made white through the blood of christ, that is not a literal thing where we are talking about the actual garments you are wearing right now. That would be a symbolic thing. As with all of the symbolic stuff, if you get to a certain point of understanding, you dont need to deal in symbolism as much because you have the direct knowledge. Also (and I know some people will freak out over this one) I see the whole church that way. Take part in it and learn from it. If you are progressing correctly there will be a time where you grow out of, or grow beyond the church. So maybe garments work the same way. These are just the thoughts that have come to me while pondering this thread.
The real problem to begin with is your assumption that people wear garments out of blind obedience. What are your sources for this conclusion?
The fact is that people wear garments because they made covenants with the Lord and intend on keeping those covenants. Would you rather they lie to God. You think garments should only be worn when the wearer only feels like it?
Additionally, people are promised, promised certain things by being obedient in wearing them. Would you rather they break those covenants whenever they feel like it?
Don't we read that God calls his people "a covenant" people? Why would he do that?
Members never, ever, ever, outgrow he church, period. It is Christ's church. Why do you think God restored to earth the very church Christ organized during his ministry? The same church that provides all covenants, ordinances, blessings and all other necessary things required for exaltation? And then after teaching his gospel and doing many mighty miracles and calling twelve disciples was later killed for his church and teachings? Why would Christ have gone through so much mocking, ridicule, demeaning treatment, and utter torture for us, just so we can go about doing whatever we want under the guise of being faithful? And why was Joseph Smith killed for teaching the same gospel Christ taught. Why did Moroni, Peter, James and John come to Joseph Smith instead of some apostate?
No one outgrows the church of Jesus Christ. Did Christ, Moroni, Paul, Lehi, Alma, Abinidi, Nephi, Amulek, Zeezrom, Ammon, Sam, and many others in the Book of Mormon and Bible outgrow Christ's own church? The same Christ that has all his sheep numbered, sheep that will hear when their name is called, the same sheep that by being faithful and obedient will someday receive their calling and election because they were steadfast and immovable in keeping their covenants and keeping God's commandments through faith, not blind obedience. Is the requirements of faith, hope and charity, virtue, humility and righteous living learned and practiced only through blind obedience, or faithfulness and real intent?
True believers are counseled to abhor sin, to stand for Christ at all times, in all things and in all places unto death if need be. Would blind obedience count?

Mosiah 18:9
9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Ms Lane is truly a sincere person. I for one support and am willing to take a beating to defend her right to choose. There are some pretty assume people on this forum that supported me. They are part of the reason I'm still hear.
Last edited by FSM on January 7th, 2015, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

jbalm wrote:Honestly, your underwear is nobody else's business.

(I wanted to say, in response to the title of this thread, "what did you ask them?"...but it's your first post.)
Just a heads up Ms. Lane jbalm"s cool..:)

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

^^^ one of the top 5 posts of 2014.