Who will live on the earth during the Millenium?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
ShawnC
Minion

Re: Who will live on the earth during the Millenium?

Post by ShawnC »

jbalm wrote:
Mine says that I will speak with the anti-christ on an internet forum.
How prescient.

I mean, without divine guidance, there is no way that, all those years ago, your patriarch could predict the invention of thre internet discussion forum--let alone the fact that Mark would visit them.

Wow jbalm! How intuitive of you. you must really have the gift of revalation to have so easily pin pointed who the anti-christ on this forum is. Congratulations!

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

ShawnC wrote:
keeprunning wrote::?:
I've had that question for a while, just thought I'd post and see if anyone can help me find answers. I guess I'm just curious.
So, when it starts, will the people who are on the earth living already just be the ones?
Or will it be everyone who has lived on the earth and been resurrected?
What about the Spirit world?
What about those that have already died that have not been baptised or anything yet?
I guess it will help to know if the resurrection happens before or after the Millenium?

I'm new here and really enjoy this forum. :D
Thanks,
kr

Mark, CHH, and 144,000 Jehovah's Witnesses. :D
Scratch that, 143,998 JW's, seeing as there will only be 144K saved.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Wow jbalm! How intuitive of you. you must really have the gift of revalation to have so easily pin pointed who the anti-christ on this forum is. Congratulations!

Wait just one minute here guys. You have every species of loon known to man to pick from on this forum and I get tabbed the anti-Christ? Did I at least have any close competition for the crown?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote: Did I at least have any close competition for the crown?
Yes, that Jenny chick that was hitting on CHH a few months back. She almost took it but she's a woman and the Anti-Christ is a male.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Yes, that Jenny chick that was hitting on CHH a few months back. She almost took it but she's a woman and the Anti-Christ is a male.

et tu Brute beefcake!

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

Mark wrote:You have every species of loon known to man to pick from on this forum...
Nice. I happen to think there's a lot of great, insightful people on this forum. I like it here.

I guess you're known by the company you keep...

DOZ
captain of 100

Post by DOZ »

gruden wrote:
keeprunning wrote:mine says that I will "come forth" in the morning of the resurrection of the just. I think that is more common.

I've never heard of anyone with the statement in their blessing that they'd make it until the coming, although there have been statements by GAs giving talks 60+ years ago stating that a few in attendance would remain alive at the Second Coming.

I read that in Doctrines of Salvation. Joseph Fielding Smith in one of the 1936 conferences said that some here today would be alive for the second coming. Amazing.

Now, a question I have. The words "come forth" and "rise" in the morning of the first resurection , do they realy mean the same thing? I have often asked myself that. Not that mine says that but many I know does mention one or the other or none...like mine.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Who will live on the earth during the Millennium?

Post by shadow »

gruden wrote:
Mark wrote:You have every species of loon known to man to pick from on this forum...
Nice. I happen to think there's a lot of great, insightful people on this forum. I like it here.

I guess you're known by the company you keep...
Tough crowd this week Mark. You better go back and work on your material. On a tangent, I just thought of a line the Joker uses in Batman. "This town needs an enema!" :idea:

Back to the thread, It appears that ChelC's great uncle the Patriarch promised me that I would be "among those" hangin around in mortality when the 2nd coming happens. It seems it might be a blessing for some of you to pass through the veil prior to His coming as I will still be around probably posting mindless, humorless and pointless posts on this site :shock:

gruden
captain of 1,000

Re: Who will live on the earth during the Millennium?

Post by gruden »

shadow wrote:It seems it might be a blessing for some of you to pass through the veil prior to His coming as I will still be around probably posting mindless, humorless and pointless posts on this site :shock:
If the spirit world has a good broadband connection, I'll be happy to respond that you should be happy to share your food storage and you should step away from the computer and get back to tending the tents!

BTW, those wishing to learn the fine art of injecting humor into a thread would do well to learn from the master, jbalm. There's a guy with skill.

thatonemormongirl
Hi, I'm new.

Post by thatonemormongirl »

My PB actually says "I seal you up to come forth in the morning of the first resurrection, a queen in the Lord's Kingdom..." I can't see Heavenly father saying that only those who are alive are allowed to live on Earth for 1000 years. On top of that, I was told by the Bishop, when I was going to get my Endowments, that because I am sick and can't marry or have kids that I would be able to get married and have children... So to be honest, I think that those who are worthy will receive their body back to live among those who are still mortal to help them but to also receive things like celestial marriage etc.