Rip roaring Mormons

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Rip roaring Mormons

Post by Seek the Truth »

Has anyone seen this guy before? I've never really lived in Utah, I don't think they are grown outside of there. I would LOVE to meet this guy.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Re: Rip roaring Mormons

Post by Yahtzee »

This is great!! Wish I had time to watch it all tonight. I love his confidence and how unapologetic he is, but he's also not demeaning to those of other faiths. Great find!

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Yeah, when you get time watch to the end. I think he said he has 100,000 books.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

This was quite interesting to listen to. I'm not sure what to make of it. Is this LDS High Priest a Fundamentalist?

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Full member of the Church. Must be old school SLC.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Do not waste your time!! The Mormon in this video just plays into the hands of this guy. I know that he is not apologetic and that is good but you don't really get a good understanding of our faith from this. You can tell that the Mormon is upset with the current leadership and his head is in Joseph and Brigham's days.

I have my own testimony that the church is presided over and led by Christ so I won't be making a video about things that we have lost or things that might happen in the future. This video will do more harm than good.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

I agree. I disagree with him on many points. However, he is sufficiently crusty to be wildly entertaining and has an encyclopedic knowledge.

I've always wondered what it would be like to be multigenerational LDS living in SLC, just the amount of knowledge you would carry around other people can't get.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I watched the whole thing.
Have to say I thought John, the LDS guy, was theologically and factually wrong in a number of instances. And while Rueben was a typical "born-again" preacher, I have to say he made some good points.
I liked him.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Yes, two very likeable guys who I disagree with but are one offs. I wish I could have been in the room.