What is meant by "The acceptable year of the Lord"?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

What is meant by "The acceptable year of the Lord"?

Post by onefour1 »

In the scriptures we read about the "Acceptable year of the Lord".

Isaiah 61:2
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Doctrine and Covenants 93:51
51 Now, I say unto you, my friends, let my servant Sidney Rigdon go on his journey, and make haste, and also proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the gospel of salvation, as I shall give him utterance; and by your prayer of faith with one consent I will uphold him.

Luke 4:19
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

In your opinion, what is meant by the phrase, "the acceptable year of the Lord"?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: What is meant by "The acceptable year of the Lord"?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

... Jesus read the above quoted passage from Isaiah, which closed with the phrase, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord, in the synagogue at Nazareth. Then he announced, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Undoubtedly the acceptable year of the Lord refers to the time of His mortal ministry that culminated in His great infinite atoning sacrifice. ... https://askgramps.org/what-is-the-accep ... -luke-194/

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Re: What is meant by "The acceptable year of the Lord"?

Post by onefour1 »

I believe that the acceptable year of the Lord was the year in which Jesus was Crucified and Resurrected. According to Luke, Jesus had already begun to teach of the acceptable year of the Lord and thus fulfilled the prophesy that it would be preached. I believe the "Acceptable Year of the Lord" was the last year of the 4th seal or meridian of time. I believe it was a great and grand Jubilee year. It was a year that marked when the captives of sin would go free and that mankind could reclaim their inheritance in the kingdom of God. After that year ended, I believe the fifth seal was opened and it was during this time that the Apostles of Jesus would be martyred and fulfill the words of Revelation 6:9-11.

When we all preach the gospel we preach the acceptable year of the Lord when Jesus atoned for the sins of all mankind and came forth from the dead and was Resurrected and opened the graves of the dead.