Priestcraft and spiritual wifery in the Mormon remnant movement?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Priestcraft and spiritual wifery in the Mormon remnant movement?

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:05 pm
AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:12 am I think the whole premise for the women 'sustaining' the men to exercise priesthood was to balance power but it's clear that revoking this man's priesthood tarnishes the scripture project and they can't have that-- so I assume, the pressure is being put on the women overturn their decision.
If the 12 or 15 council of women revoke the certificate, which I think they did, can he find 7 other women to sustain him and give him a new certificate? He probably can find at least 7 fairly easily. He sounds like a fine feller. Poor Alma had to deal with the Hottie Isabel's influence ("Yea, she did steal away the hearts of many") but Denver-David has to deal with this John Doe guy. I bet he has a sweet beard and goes to the gym every day and flirts with other men's wives :-C
Maybe the Remnant Church of the Snuffster should call him to the activities committee instead of the write new scripture committee.
=))
I bet Isaiah rolls over in his resurrected state at all the misinterpretation and deceitfulness used by those who manipulate his words to fit their whacked out agenda's. Just sayin..

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

shadow wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:05 pm
AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:12 am I think the whole premise for the women 'sustaining' the men to exercise priesthood was to balance power but it's clear that revoking this man's priesthood tarnishes the scripture project and they can't have that-- so I assume, the pressure is being put on the women overturn their decision.
If the 12 or 15 council of women revoke the certificate, which I think they did, can he find 7 other women to sustain him and give him a new certificate? He probably can find at least 7 fairly easily. He sounds like a fine feller. Poor Alma had to deal with the Hottie Isabel's influence ("Yea, she did steal away the hearts of many") but Denver-David has to deal with this John Doe guy. I bet he has a sweet beard and goes to the gym every day and flirts with other men's wives :-C
Maybe the Remnant Church of the Snuffster should call him to the activities committee instead of the write new scripture committee.
Glad I didn't have a drink in my mouth or I would have spit it on my computer screen. :)) It seems like every fellowship has to have that one creepy married guy trying to sleep with everyone before this entire thing implodes. :-?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

e-eye2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:59 pm It seems like every fellowship has to have that one creepy married guy trying to sleep with everyone before this entire thing implodes. :-?
Oh, I just found out the next Remnant Church of the Snuffster 5th Sunday combined meeting activity. John Doe is behind it, that's for darned sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEAGd1bQuc

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 1:58 pm John doe is high enough that he was very involved with the scripture project. I'm not on any remnant boards, but I suspect that some of them may have an idea who it might be. It's someone who is most likely not against polygamy, IMO.
Probably named Phil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwJE5DEk7U

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

Two other women who were present have an entirely different interpretation of what occurred there, and note that the blog author has a definite agenda. Just for the record.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

BringerOfJoy wrote: August 15th, 2017, 4:58 pm Two other women who were present have an entirely different interpretation of what occurred there, and note that the blog author has a definite agenda. Just for the record.

Please do share the other view points as it seems as though the author listed 5 people who agreed with her: Ryan Thompson, Ruth Thompson, Melonie Turley, Brad Olsen, Bernadette Coss.

I can see one person having an agenda but when 1/3 of the 15 are up in arms you have a problem.

inquirringmind
captain of 100

Post by inquirringmind »

brlenox wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:37 am In the interest of maintaining a record should anything happen to the source here is a reply to the original post:
One thought on ““…Bringing to Light all the Hidden Things…” ~D&C 123:13”

Anonymous

August 15, 2017 at 4:57 pm

There are so many things that need to be brought into the light and hopefully this is the beginning of a different kind of movement – a movement of integrity, accountability and a return to God. The problem I have with the restoration movement is it is so elitist … and filled with fear that if you don’t take the covenant you will not be protected on this land. There is a belief in the restoration movement that the LDS gentiles are more favored in God’s eyes and that is why a covenant is being offered. Fiddlesticks! My own experience with David, is that he says one thing and then he flip-flops … that is a pattern in his leadership.

As far as mistakes and deception, Joseph made mistakes and was deceived many times, as have all the servants of God been and as we all are at times. But he owned up to them, as did other prophets of other dispensations. I cannot and will not take a covenant that is offered by a mortal man who claims to be the David Servant. I do not believe he is. He has proclaimed this title of Davidic Servant as belonging to him to many of his closest friends and has now made it known to all of us via his new name. Because he does not fit Isaiah’s description of the last days Davidic Servant, I see that David (Denver) is a false or fallen Servant. Though there is much truth in what he writes, there is also much deception. His continual flip-flopping on matters should be a concern for all who follow him.

Thank you Thompsons, Turley, Olsen and Coss for being brave enough to have your voices heard and recorded. It is time that the movement of all believers in Jesus return to a higher ethical and moral standard and govern by and through the love of God. When we truly love God, we are filled with His love and light and we work hard to rid ourselves of our own carnal nature – we want to be accountable in all things. When we are filled with God’s light and love we see others the way God does and it allows us to have better discernment and a desire to serve others. We are no longer motivated by our own carnal desires. I have never resonated with the restoration movement because it keeps people in the past … it is time to go forward … it is time to let go of false traditions and not rely on the arm of flesh but only the Arm of God … Trust Him, Believe Him, Worship Him and none other. This restoration movement seems to worship Denver and Joseph … just like the Jews worshipping Abraham and Moses. They were not able to discern the Savior because of idolatry of past prophets. It is time to stop the idolatry and return to Him, the God of all of us. Until you can let go of your idolatry of leaders and past prophets, you will be precluded from entering Zion.

Have you ever wondered why Denver switched from teaching and writing about parting the veil to restoration and Zion? When one is focused on Jesus and being like Him, you become Christ-like and become a Zion person. Concentrating on the restoration and Zion is a rather diabolical in nature because you are no longer centered and focused on Jesus and therefore cannot become Zion. How incredibly devious is Satan to have you believe you are concentrating on something good but you miss out on the end-result – receiving your Second Comforter and being like Him. Then you are a Zion people.
Is anyone aware of any issues Denver has clearly flip flopped on?

And if you are, could you please point them out to me?

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Mark wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:32 pm I bet Isaiah rolls over in his resurrected state at all the misinterpretation and deceitfulness used by those who manipulate his words to fit their whacked out agenda's. Just sayin..
I couldn't agree more Mark. No doubt Isaiah is rolling over in his grave. Except there is one issue, Isaiah condemns modern day Israel and those leading Israel, he never once glorifies us like you do and modern day prophets/tradition does. Isaiah says Israel of the past and future are apostate, rebellious, and corrupt. There is only one audience, ISRAEL. Truth be told, only way we can even read the “great are the words of Isaiah” in church today is to do exactly what Isaiah predicted. But, says Isaiah, the people of Israel want to hear smooth things: “Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things” (Isaiah 30:10). "And ever since, the process of interpreting Isaiah has been nothing short of smoothing him out."(-Hugh Nibley) We have to completely ignore Isaiah's "Woe to Israel" to fit current traditions. Isaiah says Israel reject the doctrine and that we refuse to hear it. Isaiah predicts God’s chosen people are holed up, trusting in their miserable defense, trapped by their own walls (1:8). The reason we survive at all so far is that there are still a few righteous, a small remnant of honest people among them 1:9.

I don't know. . . Few scriptures for thought.
“...the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail. For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” Isaiah 9:14-16
“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.” Isaiah 24:5
“For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered…Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?” -Isaiah 29:10,13-15
The ox knoweth his owner, and the donkey his master’s crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider. Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.Isaiah 1:3-4
“All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest. [Israel’s] watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.” -Isaiah 56:9-12

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

BringerOfJoy wrote: August 15th, 2017, 4:58 pm Two other women who were present have an entirely different interpretation of what occurred there, and note that the blog author has a definite agenda. Just for the record.
Thanks for sharing what you know. If you can, could you tell us what these two other women believed, because from what was shared on the blog, it sounds like the john doe has a particular belief--he thinks he is free to have sexual relations with women other than his wife...is that true? Then he accused the witnesses of lying. What did they lie about?
It's a little hard to believe him when 15 women voted to revoke his certificate, but if these two you spoke with have a different interpretation, that would be worth hearing.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:00 pm
Mark wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:32 pm I bet Isaiah rolls over in his resurrected state at all the misinterpretation and deceitfulness used by those who manipulate his words to fit their whacked out agenda's. Just sayin..
I couldn't agree more Mark. No doubt Isaiah is rolling over in his grave. Except there is one issue, Isaiah condemns modern day Israel and those leading Israel, he never once glorifies us like you do and modern day prophets/tradition does. Isaiah says Israel of the past and future are apostate, rebellious, and corrupt. There is only one audience, ISRAEL. Truth be told, only way we can even read the “great are the words of Isaiah” in church today is to do exactly what Isaiah predicted. But, says Isaiah, the people of Israel want to hear smooth things: “Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things” (Isaiah 30:10). "And ever since, the process of interpreting Isaiah has been nothing short of smoothing him out."(-Hugh Nibley) We have to completely ignore Isaiah's "Woe to Israel" to fit current traditions. Isaiah says Israel reject the doctrine and that we refuse to hear it. Isaiah predicts God’s chosen people are holed up, trusting in their miserable defense, trapped by their own walls (1:8). The reason we survive at all so far is that there are still a few righteous, a small remnant of honest people among them 1:9.

I don't know. . . Few scriptures for thought.
“...the Lord will cut off from Israel head and tail, branch and rush, in one day. The ancient and honourable, he is the head; and the prophet that teacheth lies, he is the tail. For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” Isaiah 9:14-16
“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.” Isaiah 24:5
“For the Lord hath poured out upon you the spirit of deep sleep, and hath closed your eyes: the prophets and your rulers, the seers hath he covered…Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?” -Isaiah 29:10,13-15
The ox knoweth his owner, and the donkey his master’s crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider. Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.Isaiah 1:3-4
“All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest. [Israel’s] watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber. Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter. Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.” -Isaiah 56:9-12
small
Same scriptures used by Harmstons missionaries to convince (manipulate) anybody stupid enough to listen that the small righteous remnant of Saints consisted of those who were willing to be excommunicated from the LDS church and were worthy enough to give him their money and their wives or daughters as soul bonding experience for him. A small token of allegiance to the re-incarnated Joseph. How did that turn out? Didnt fall for it then. Still wont fall for it today. Snuffer is just a Harmston wannabe fraud. I will stick with the real deal thanks. Pres. Monson is my Prophet leader. Offshoots and break-offs have been going on continuously since Joseph walked the earth. Nothing changes. None of them prosper. There is a reason for that. If you commit to Snuffers Remnant movement you will find out soon enough why that is. False spirits will always lead you off a cliff. Thats their job.

inquirringmind
captain of 100

Post by inquirringmind »

brlenox wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:37 am In the interest of maintaining a record should anything happen to the source...
Has that blog been taken down already?

The link doesn't seem to be working for me, is anyone else having trouble?

inquirringmind
captain of 100

Post by inquirringmind »

It's working for me now too.

There must have been something wrong with my connection.

Thank you.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Latest comment from the blog post:
I have considered myself a part of this restoration movement for many years. I was born into the LDS church and grew up thinking it was the one true way. Unfortunately, I never felt satisfied with the nourishment I was receiving from my leader’s words and teachings. I’ve always sensed that something was missing, but assumed the deficiency was in me. And then I was introduced to the writings of Denver Snuffer and others (John Pontius, Avraham Gileadi, etc…). These individuals made God’s words come to life. The power of their messages caused me to repent and desire to know God for myself; and for the first time I believed it was within my capacity to achieve. I am indebted to those individuals who have helped me on my journey. Snuffer, in particular, has expended a great deal of his time, personal resources, and even his own membership in the LDS church to help wake others up.

Fast forward to present and you will unfortunately find that the message coming from “the top” has completely changed, in tone, content, and focus. I know I am not alone in my perceptions. I’ve spoken with many who are concern with the recent change in direction. What was once a message of hope and joy has turned into a thinly veiled threat against those who choose to not follow the self-appointed the leaders of the movement – jokingly known amongst my friends and associates as the “new first presidency.” I am in awe at how quickly things have shifted. Its no longer an inclusive movement where everybody is welcome to one of exclusivity, wherein you have to be a part of the club to continue.

I will not rehash what others are saying on Facebook groups, in private chats and discussions around this subject, but I want to say in a straight forward way that I believe the scripture movement stinks of something rotten. Perhaps the individuals who posted this blog may have uncovered a contributing factor in that assessment After all, a rotten tree cannot bring forth good fruit, right? While I can’t comment on Mr. Doe’s worthiness, I sense a cover-up underway in order to move this agenda forward.

I was introduced to the project by one of the individuals on the committee. He was very enthusiastic in his description of the work underway. From that initial introduction until present, I have felt uneasy which as grown into a repulsion and desire to stay away. I’ve been fighting that desire, assuming that like my experience in the LDS church, the deficiency must be in me. I have once again awoken to my awful state and realized that I need to trust that voice in my heart and head. Since coming to that conclusion I have been able to discern that those attempting to take the reigns of this movement are doing so with ulterior motives, and will apparently go to great lengths to force this to completion. I believe it is God’s voice warning me and my family to take a different course. Maybe you are feeling the same? If so, don’t shy from those feelings. Explore them. Validate them. Act on them.

I don’t have any influence in this movement, and God willing it will stay that way. However, I felt compelled to lend my voice to that of the people who put this blog together that we all need to slow down, reassess our direction, purpose, speed, and motives. Our time is too short to be caught up in unnecessary politics. Many people have invested a great deal of their time and money to bring this project to life. I don’t wish to diminish their hard work and sacrifice, so I won’t spent my time trying to tear it down.

This movement will most likely continue, just as the LDS church will continue. Both have a purpose and many people will be benefitted by their association with each or both. I know there isn’t one path back to the creator, and therefore will not decry what others are impressed to say or do. But from my perspective, this newly formed organization and their impending mandate to vote on unified scriptures and a covenant has turned from its original course and is no longer producing the nourishment it once did. I am reminded of the line spoken by Enjolras in Les Miserables, “It is time for us all to decide who we are…”

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

I couldn't agree more Mark. No doubt Isaiah is rolling over in his grave. Except there is one issue, Isaiah condemns modern day Israel and those leading Israel, he never once glorifies us like you do and modern day prophets/tradition does. Isaiah says Israel of the past and future are apostate, rebellious, and corrupt.
Lol this is illiterate beyond words.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:18 pm
I couldn't agree more Mark. No doubt Isaiah is rolling over in his grave. Except there is one issue, Isaiah condemns modern day Israel and those leading Israel, he never once glorifies us like you do and modern day prophets/tradition does. Isaiah says Israel of the past and future are apostate, rebellious, and corrupt.
Why don't you explain yourself? Exercise some of your own literate potential and share with insight. To pop on here spewing banalities is valued by none and does not invite dialogue.

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

One important point of the blog post is to POINT out that
E V E N those who have pierced the veil can be
D E C E I V E D.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

brlenox wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:22 pm
Why don't you explain yourself? Exercise some of your own literate potential and share with insight. To pop on here spewing banalities is valued by none and does not invite dialogue.
lol I did explain myself. What he wrote is so illiterate scripturally that I struggle to find words. It is among the most ignorant scriptural interpretations I have ever seen in my life.

Are you saying you share the interpretation? Would you be able to explain it or defend it in your own words?

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

KFarber wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:52 pm One important point of the blog post is to POINT out that
D E C E I V E D.
I can certainly see someone getting that from the post but I doubt that is a point the author intended to make.

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

:-?
Meili wrote: August 16th, 2017, 7:44 am
KFarber wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:52 pm One important point of the blog post is to POINT out that
D E C E I V E D.
I can certainly see someone getting that from the post but I doubt that is a point the author intended to make.
It is one important point., among many.... take my word.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

I would strongly recommend reading the chapter in the Joseph Smith Priesthood/Relief Society manual titled "Beware the Bitter Fruits of Apostasy". Joseph was very direct in warning those who chose to break from the church and set up their own thing. Nothing has changed. The Harmstons and Snuffers of today are really no different that those early apostates who rebelled against Joseph and broke off from the main body of Saints to form their own organization or following. None ever prospered. They never will..

https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-jo ... 7?lang=eng

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:16 pm
brlenox wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:22 pm
lol I did explain myself. What he wrote is so illiterate scripturally that I struggle to find words. It is among the most ignorant scriptural interpretations I have ever seen in my life.

Are you saying you share the interpretation? Would you be able to explain it or defend it in your own words?
No, I did not say I agree. I seldom find myself in agreement with Sempiternal. However, that makes my point all the more. Were I inclined to disagree and to decide to weigh in on the matter, I would provide sustainment and explanation for the perspective I preferred. You have given nothing twice now. On what principle do you disagree? What scriptural or prophetic sources inform your position? Why believe anything you say as being any different - ie just your private interpretation, or ill informed angst against the church? At least Harbinger provides enough context that it is possible to clearly grasp from whence he comes - Contrary to your comments.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Mark wrote: August 15th, 2017, 7:20 pm Same scriptures used by Harmstons missionaries to convince (manipulate) anybody stupid enough to listen that the small righteous remnant of Saints consisted of those who were willing to be excommunicated from the LDS church and were worthy enough to give him their money and their wives or daughters as soul bonding experience for him. A small token of allegiance to the re-incarnated Joseph. How did that turn out? Didnt fall for it then. Still wont fall for it today. Snuffer is just a Harmston wannabe fraud. I will stick with the real deal thanks. Pres. Monson is my Prophet leader. Offshoots and break-offs have been going on continuously since Joseph walked the earth. Nothing changes. None of them prosper. There is a reason for that. If you commit to Snuffers Remnant movement you will find out soon enough why that is. False spirits will always lead you off a cliff. Thats their job.
Hey Mark! Hope all is well brother. I am not in the remnant movement. Never have been. I am a LDS. I do appreciate all your posts over the years on the Harmstons movement and the similarities with the Snuffer movement. I was responding directly to your Isaiah reference. Why would Isaiah be rolling over in his grave over a very small defected lds group? Who is Isaiah's intended audience? Isaiah is so dang specific that there is no way to throw his prophecies on the doorstep of a few offshoots. But you did it so easily without even blinking a eye bro, without addressing any of the scriptures I posted. Talk about smoothing the great words of Isaiah out. False spirits do indeed lead folks off a cliff, Isaiah interesting enough identifies those false spirits. President Monson use to be my idol too. Now I know cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: August 16th, 2017, 8:59 am
Mark wrote: August 15th, 2017, 7:20 pm Same scriptures used by Harmstons missionaries to convince (manipulate) anybody stupid enough to listen that the small righteous remnant of Saints consisted of those who were willing to be excommunicated from the LDS church and were worthy enough to give him their money and their wives or daughters as soul bonding experience for him. A small token of allegiance to the re-incarnated Joseph. How did that turn out? Didnt fall for it then. Still wont fall for it today. Snuffer is just a Harmston wannabe fraud. I will stick with the real deal thanks. Pres. Monson is my Prophet leader. Offshoots and break-offs have been going on continuously since Joseph walked the earth. Nothing changes. None of them prosper. There is a reason for that. If you commit to Snuffers Remnant movement you will find out soon enough why that is. False spirits will always lead you off a cliff. Thats their job.
Hey Mark! Hope all is well brother. I am not in the remnant movement. Never have been. I am a LDS. I do appreciate all your posts over the years on the Harmstons movement and the similarities with the Snuffer movement. I was responding directly to your Isaiah reference. Why would Isaiah be rolling over in his grave over a very small defected lds group? Who is Isaiah's intended audience? Isaiah is so dang specific that there is no way to throw his prophecies on the doorstep of a few offshoots. But you did it so easily without even blinking a eye bro, without addressing any of the scriptures I posted. Talk about smoothing the great words of Isaiah out. False spirits do indeed lead folks off a cliff, Isaiah interesting enough identifies those false spirits. President Monson use to be my idol too. Now I know cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

Thanks Brother. My best to you and yours as well. My problem is not with the scriptures you quote. I love Isaiahs writings. My problem comes from your and others interpretation of those scriptures. Harmstons bunch used to post those same scriptures constantly and interpret them using their own form of confirmation bias to show that the church and its leadership had fallen from grace and into apostasy. It was clever but deceitful. For example here's one you note: “The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.” Isaiah 24:5

Now this is exactly what the Lord said through the Prophet Joseph in section 1 concerning the state of affairs prior to the restoration. It was a result of the great apostasy. That was the purpose of the restoration. You however seem to have chosen to apply that to today. Why? Are you reading Isaiahs mind here and are sure he was talking about 2017 and the LDS church?

That is just your confirmation bias shining through. Isaiah clearly was referring to the period of darkness preceding the glorious restoration through the Prophet Joseph. Yet you and others who love to attack the church want to use it as a club to beat over the head of the church today. The Lord said otherwise through the Prophet. I believe Him. I could go on but hopefully you get the picture.

You dont have a corner on interpreting Isaiah's context or time frame or interpretation of his words for that matter. Neither did Harmston and neither does Snuffer or any other apostate who decides to break from the restored church and set themselves up as a light. Maybe Isaiah was referencing those guys. Ever though of that? That is what got them in trouble in the first place. And the beat goes on..

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

http://denversnuffer.com/2017/08/sexual-fidelity/

"There are too many false, foolish and untrue things said about me for me to be able to denounce them all. I could accomplish nothing else if I were to spend my time denying all these falsehoods. So I leave them unaddressed and continue to move forward accomplishing such little good as I am able.

One recent false attack suggests that, contrary to the many talks, posts, books and teachings I have provided defending sexual purity before marriage and fidelity after marriage, that I am somehow involved in promoting something called “bonded marriage.” I may not have the name right. I do not fully understand the false idea.

Let me be clear, again, that I denounce polygamy, adultery, fornication and sexual impurity. Those who read what I write know there is really no reason for me to even make this denunciation. But almost all opinions about me are formed second-hand, and the tale-bearers speak their falsehoods with the enthusiasm that persuades many people of their lies.

A recent incident involving a man’s improper conduct was discussed in a private meeting a few weeks ago. I attended a portion of that meeting. The man involved was charged, in part, with spreading a false teaching. The facts turned out that he was not spreading the falsehood, but was the victim of the teaching. He, and a married woman together were taught the falsehood by a woman who believed in the idea. The woman who introduced it to them contacted me directly and confessed she was the source of the false teaching and regretted very much her involvement with the fiasco. To my surprise, two other women contacted me and admitted they had a role in teaching this false idea and were also aware of the harm that followed such erroneous beliefs.

To me the man stated that he realized his error, confessed his mistake, denounced the teaching, and sought to apologize many times to those involved with him before the private meeting I attended. He had also been rebaptized to repent of his error. I don’t defend his actions. I never said he was “innocent.” I did say he was penitent. His penitence before the meeting and while I was present at the meeting was apparent. He admitted his wrongdoing, despite the personal humiliation involved, and he wept over his failure.

As for the man’s involvement in the scriptures project, he had no effect on the final product by his preliminary work. He worked on the Book of Mormon, and everything he did was discarded a couple of months ago and the whole redone. It was redone because of a recently released publication that provided side-by-side comparisons for every single word of every version of the Book of Mormon in existence. These include, among others, the original, the printer’s manuscript, the 1830, 1837, 1840, 1841, 1840 London, 1920, 1981, and all the others. Every word from the beginning word to the last was detailed. The set was purchased and provided to those who were doing the work. The books were used by two teams; each having two members. All of them are in Utah. Both teams worked as pairs with one another to recheck every word and solve the word discrepancies, deferring to the original manuscript whenever it was available. Joseph’s 1840 version was deferred to secondly. Joseph made changes in 1837 and 1840 to conform back to the original translation.

What the man contributed most meaningfully was peace-making between members of the committee when discussions resulted in disputes. He helped make peace. The rule for the committee was that any question required unanimous agreement. He was part of the unanimity, and no one ever made a solo decision. His greatest contribution was to be the voice speaking for peace and harmony as difficult challenges were faced during the work.

Not only do I teach marital fidelity and sexual propriety, but the new scriptures will include Hyrum Smith’s general epistle to the church, published when he was the presiding authority in the church. His general epistle teaches marital fidelity, and counsels against breaking up marriages because of religious differences.

A man should have only one wife. And he should be faithful to her. Likewise wives should be faithful to their husbands. Everyone should act honorably and keep their marital vows, even when there are differences between spouses over religious ideas.

I alone am responsible for receiving from the Lord the content of the Prayer for Covenant, Answer to Prayer, and Covenant language. The Prayer for Covenant was provided by revelation from the Lord to me alone. It took me nearly 200,000 words in a book to say what the Lord, by inspiration, provided in the Prayer in less than 3,000 words. He is a great deal better at revealing the truth than am I."