Deleted

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: How did the Nephites see the resurrected Jesus Christ?

Post by creator »

Joseph Smith said:
“Now what is the other comforter? It is no more nor less than the Lord Jesus Christ Himself; and this is the sum and substance of the whole matter; that when any man obtains this last Comforter [the promise of eternal life], he will have the personage of Jesus Christ to attend him, or appear unto him from time to time, and even He will manifest the Father unto him, and they will take up their abode with him, and the visions of the heavens will be opened unto him, and the Lord will teach him face to face. … “(HC 3:381.) (Quoted in Ivan J. Barrett, “‘He Lives! For We Saw Him’,” Ensign, Aug 1975, 17)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: How did the Nephites see the resurrected Jesus Christ?

Post by brianj »

The Nephites were not experiencing a vision. Our Savior really did personally visit them. He really was present. Think of it this way: sometimes we have stake conferences where we watch a video broadcast from church headquarters and get to see or hear from general authorities, but at other times we actually have a general authority visiting us and in our presence. We may even have the opportunity to speak with him and shake his hand.

Yes, I am convinced that every single one of us can have a face to face meeting with our Savior. If we are worthy of such an experience and it is the best thing to help us toward our goal of returning to Father's presence it will happen. And I sincerely hope that I am found worthy of this experience while in mortality.