Why is persecution of Christians not in the news?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

So I had this thought after reading some news articles. And in fact it wasn't a question that was brought up by me. I read someone else saying it. But I thought it would make an interesting question to discuss. It happens, let's face it. In the US its mostly non-violent and argumentative in nature, primarily a spiritual persecution and form of rebellion. In Asia, of course it's very physical. We even ignore that the hate of some groups towards Christians has been non-stop for nearly 2,000 years now, and that its still happening today.

Will persecution in the US to Christians someday be actually physical and violent, and not just mental, spiritual?

When you look at the news we tend to forget or ignore articles about persecution of Christians. I'm not blaming anyone, but this is a good topic of discussion that can be positive if we stir up awareness of the need to protect religious freedom.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Why is persecution of Christians not in the news?

Post by lundbaek »

Enough of the principles of Christianity conflict with the goals of the new world order globalists that it is in their interest to basically destroy Christianity. It is not in their interest to publicize this fact.

http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/Articles/ta ... -Year.aspx

"And you can mark it down: with each and every non-story, there is a cover-up of huge proportions going on. This is why so much of what the American people believe about international affairs is patently false--and usually one hundred and eighty degrees opposite of truth. Yes, I’m saying it: virtually EVERYTHING we are told by the U.S. government and its toadies in the propaganda media--especially relating to international affairs--is a big, fat LIE."

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

An apostle spoke not too long ago about how the troubles and persecutions of the pioneers will not escape us either. We will be persecuted and I believe it will be right along side all christians and all moral people willing to stand firm in their beliefs.

Those in the spacious building will need to accomplish their mocking and insulting towards all those who follow correct principals before the Savior returns.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I read a story a couple of months back (of course not found in the MSM) about a Christian couple in Kubuaa, India. The town tried to get them to disavow their Christian beliefs and return to their indigenous beliefs of Hinduism. The couple has been abused for years because of it. Villagers once sacrificed an animal, which they forced down Urawn's throat (the elderly man) and forced him to drink fermented liquor.
Other times, the village assaulted Urawn and his wife while a mob attacked Beneswar, (the man's son) his wife and his younger brother. They were locked in their own home for hours and the source of the family's drinking water was polluted. Finally the elderly couple was taken and forced to stand in freezing water up to their necks while their hands were tied behind their backs. They were told that if they would deny Christ they could come out of the water. The elderly man stated, "I will not deny Christ...I will continue to believe till my last breath." The couple's son (against his will) and several other villagers watched throughout the night. The elderly man finally sub-combed to hypothermia.

Things like this happen all the time throughout the world. It is truly sad. We as Christians in the LDS Church think we are harassed by others outside of the church because our stance on things like gay marraige etc. We don't have a CLUE what it is to be persecuted for our religion.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

kittycat51 wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:59 am I read a story a couple of months back (of course not found in the MSM) about a Christian couple in Kubuaa, India. The town tried to get them to disavow their Christian beliefs and return to their indigenous beliefs of Hinduism. The couple has been abused for years because of it. Villagers once sacrificed an animal, which they forced down Urawn's throat (the elderly man) and forced him to drink fermented liquor.
Other times, the village assaulted Urawn and his wife while a mob attacked Beneswar, (the man's son) his wife and his younger brother. They were locked in their own home for hours and the source of the family's drinking water was polluted. Finally the elderly couple was taken and forced to stand in freezing water up to their necks while their hands were tied behind their backs. They were told that if they would deny Christ they could come out of the water. The elderly man stated, "I will not deny Christ...I will continue to believe till my last breath." The couple's son (against his will) and several other villagers watched throughout the night. The elderly man finally sub-combed to hypothermia.

Things like this happen all the time throughout the world. It is truly sad. We as Christians in the LDS Church think we are harassed by others outside of the church because our stance on things like gay marraige etc. We don't have a CLUE what it is to be persecuted for our religion.
It's a very sad ordeal Christians have to face in the Heathen Nations. As for the last thing you said, you are VERY right. Us members have it easy in life even though there are some mis-conceptions about our church. For example, the saints in the early days of the church were heavily presecuted with tarrings, riots, and even the destruction of the original Nauvoo Temple. It irritates me when some members think all of the world has it out for us. The government in our country (for the most part) protects religious freedom and schools teach respect for others. I expect things to get a little worse down the road until the Cleansing of America. But until then, I'll just live my life...

sevenator
captain of 100

Post by sevenator »

Doesn't fit the narrative.

The problem with the media isn't what they report nearly as much as what they don't.