What is really keeping you from Heaven's blessings?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

What keeps you from receiving all of the blessings available to Heavenly Fathers children.

I don't believe it is possible for me. (I lack the faith)
No votes
I do not think I am worthy enough.
27%
I believe I am worthy but not receiving because I am patiently waiting on the Lords timing
27%
I am not obedient enough
36%
I am not willing to do the work I feel is required to qualify for these blessings
No votes
I have not asked
9%
Those blessings are not meant for average saints
No votes
Being a good latter day saint is sufficient / we should be content with the blessings we have.
No votes
There is no need to seek for these things in this life.
No votes
Your motives for wanting these experiences are not an eye single to the glory of God
No votes

Total votes: 11
drtanner
captain of 1,000

What is really keeping you from Heaven's blessings?

Post by drtanner »

What keeps you from the following blessings:

• Helping the Lord convert a significant amount of people
  • Entertaining those beyond the veil
  • Seeing the same things as Nephi / Lehi / Bro of Jared
  • Calling and Election
  • Meeting the Lord in Mortality
  • Healing the lame, deaf, blind, etc.
  • Raising someone from the dead
  • Visions
  • Etc.

Please check any you may feel apply
Last edited by drtanner on August 4th, 2017, 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Re: What is really keeping you from Heaven's blessings?

Post by Sirocco »

If I could raise the dead I'd be a Necromancer or a Vampire and I'd like not to be that.
I would never push my spiritual beliefs on others... political beliefs and feelings about a certain "religion of peace" yes lol

Religion and Faith are something I keep very personal, as I feel most vulnerable when I turn to it and won't share a lot of those feelings in a church environment.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

You know a lot of people do word that wrong but deep inside what they really mean is;

1) As we give blessings to those down stream, others upstream are handing them to me.
2) We want to give others the wonderful things given to us in the Gospel.

I think others think about it this way but don't know how to word it better. This is what's really in their heart.

I was thinking above there's another category some of us feel like we're in. Besides those above categories some of us can't participate in society and church as well as we want because of health problems and its very aggravating. Sometimes I wonder when we'll be able to have the things we don't have now, but we can't do anything about that because of chronic issues that don't ever go away.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The list lack an "I wish I knew" option.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Pride.
Does that fall under obedience or worthiness??

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

brianj wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 10:51 pm The list lack an "I wish I knew" option.
I'm with you on that one. I just don't know. Not to say that I'm unhappy with the blessings I have received thus far. What if I'm receiving all that I'm due, all that He wants me to receive?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

How many times did you look at the Fedex logo and not see the arrow? Image

How many such things are there to see if only you have the wherewithal to see them?

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Yahtzee wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 11:43 pm Pride.
Does that fall under obedience or worthiness??
This is an interesting question. I was thinking about something similar recently.

Pride has many victims, not just that same person with the pride. The reason is when you have pride you can't accept someone else having more than you, especially in materialism. This means you will take from others. It will start with self promotion but by degrees turn into not even realizing we can end up stealing pieces of others' futures through it. This is why pride has many victims.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 4th, 2017, 1:52 am How many times did you look at the Fedex logo and not see the arrow? Image

How many such things are there to see if only you have the wherewithal to see them?
I had to look that up. lol

Never saw it before.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Where is the option, "I am receiving them line upon line and precept upon precept, but I am currently in a testing phase."
D&C 98:12 For he will give unto the faithful line upon line, precept upon precept; and I will try you and prove you herewith.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Patiently waiting on the Lord's timing. I have received some of those blessings and I have blessed others (healed them).