Deleted

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How do we worship the difference between Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ?

Post by Lizzy60 »

I believe Nephi's testimony:

2 Nephi 25:26
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.

2 Nephi 33:6
I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Celestial Angel, please read, study, ponder and pray about everything marc posted in the thread he linked above.

passionflower
captain of 1,000

Post by passionflower »

I pray to HF in the name of JC. I worship HF in the name of JC. I am trying to come back into the presence of HF via obedience to the gospel of JC.

Jesus Christ represented the Father. He only taught things HF told Him to teach, and set an perfect example of obedience and submission to Him. Jehovah was chosen by HF to inaugurate the Plan of Salvation, He was not Himself the author of the plan. When Jesus Christ says "come unto me" he means that "no man cometh unto the Father but by me " because His atonement makes overcoming the fall possible.

Jesus Christ is an easy person to turn into an "every man". Depending on a persons disposition or the trends of the day, Jesus Christ becomes everything from a scientist, philosopher, romantic hero, teddy bear father figure and all-forgiving-all-sympathizing-completely-understanding friend. His personal feelings are read between the lines of his scripturally recorded words in order to please the needs or the prejudices of the reader But truthfully, Jesus Christ is presented scripturally in one role, that of savior and redeemer of the world, and once again it is God the Father who sent Him to fulfill this role because of "He so loved the world"

It was a big leap of faith for OT peoples to accept a Saviour that would come, in what was to them, a far distant future. Understanding the need for a Saviour is pivotal to the plan of salvation and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the first principle of the gospel. Rejecting Him led to all the sins and idolatry found in the OT. But as important as this is, the Saviour is still just the "messenger of the covenant", and not the sender of the messenger. He was chosen by God the Father for this role, it was not a personal achievement. As God of the OT, he never acted independent of HF, but always in obedience and in harmony with Him. Did He and does He weild tremendous authority by virtue of being the head of the Priesthood after the Order of the Son of God? Yes, but it was HF who gave Him that right, and whom He still gives such perfect loyalty and obedience to call them "one". People want to talk big about "knowing the Saviour". But properly "knowing " the Saviour means, to know His Father. Only God the Father has all the virtues, true principles, intelligence and glory existing independently in HIm. Everyone else, including Jesus Christ, is dependent on Him.

Jesus Christ said that the greatest commandment was to love God ( not meaning Himself of course ) with all our heart might mind and strength. In the famous "Lords' prayer" he called on the name of the Father to be Hallowed and for His Kingdom to come and be ruled by HIm ( not himself ). I think Jesus clearly puts God the Father ahead of Himself and wants us to do the same. In fact, this was His hallmark virtue in the premortal life as well as His earthly ministry.

Knowing God the Father and the Saviour "who he has sent" is something that can only be revealed by revelation. And who is that revelatator and testator responsible for this? Why the Holy Ghost, of course, who is another member of the Godhead and the one we have the most to do with in this second estate. Unfortunately, IMO, he also gets ingnored alot ( or is the subject of extremely fanciful tales spun by church members ) yet He is the one member of the Godhead that we can literally have with us all the time.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Jesus said the glory be thine to the father and yet we have had precious little detail of the father revealed to us. I think this is amazing. The Son rules the Father's domain at the Father's behest but gives all glory to the Father. The Father's glory is hidden from us and has essentially given the glory of rule to the Son. Thus these two great heavenly exemplars have shown us the way to deal in glory.