A True Experience with members of the lost Ten Tribes

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
waialeale
captain of 10

Re: A True Experience with members of the lost Ten Tribes

Post by waialeale »

It certainly is not fiction. The quote a few posted from Joseph Smith brings great peace and perspective that really sums this whole thing up better than anything else. We should always remember these words!!! It will be a great safety to us!!!

Words of Joseph Smith:
"Reading the experience of others, or the revelations given to them, can never give us a comprehensive view of our condition and true relation to God. Knowledge of these things, can only be obtained by experience in these things, through the ordinance of God set forth for that purpose."

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: A True Experience with members of the lost Ten Tribes

Post by gardener4life »

So in the original post, when he said;

'... They said the fullness of the gentiles is at the door and will arrive suddenly and in such terrific ways even the elect will be surprised in ways..."

I think that meant the fulfilling (or coming to a close) of the time of the gentiles is at the door and will arrive suddenly..." Did someone else also get this feeling? I think the speaker had an English barrier and/or translation meant to be done right but its hard to word things right sometimes. Sometimes I trip on my words too. Also one of the signs of times of the gentiles coming close to being fulfilled is the Jews not just being in their own state but not being down trodden in their home area Jerusalem. The wording of the scriptures for this is the gentiles or outsiders causing the down-trodden-ness to fall upon the Jews in the times of the gentiles but reversed when its no longer the time of the gentiles or the time of the gentiles fulfilled. We can see that this is bit by bit, very close to being totally undone with the Jews now having access to Jerusalem. This you can find references for in the scriptures. Another scripture about the fulfillment of the time of the Gentiles is; 2 Nephi 1:10, and especially 3 Nephi 16:10. (also stuff in D&C 45, and 88.

Also...regarding this part... "...When visions, dreams, tongues, prophecy, impressions or an extraordinary gift or inspiration convey something out of harmony with the accepted revelations of the Church or contrary to the decisions of its constituted authorities, Latter-day Saints may know that it is not of God, no matter how plausible it may appear..."

I put up a recent post on this. I'm a new member so it won't show up for a couple days but...when you have dreams or visions about LDS principles...I confess that I don't understand how to concretely tell what's a true dream and what's something in your head, flu reaction, false message, etc. I wish someone will reply to the post I put up on this so I can talk about that. I want to somehow confirm the truth. if the dream or vision doesn't conflict with the church then its still open to confirmation I suppose...?