Who else thinks "the remnant" sends people over to ldsff on "missions"?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Finrock
captain of 1,000

Re: Who else thinks "the remnant" sends people over to ldsff on "missions"?

Post by Finrock »

Arenera wrote: July 10th, 2017, 12:25 pm
Finrock wrote: July 10th, 2017, 12:14 pm
AI2.0 wrote: July 8th, 2017, 6:48 pm
underdog wrote: July 8th, 2017, 12:54 pm I would guess, because the so-called Snuffer movement or remnant movement is without a leader and is wired up to be decentralized as a principle, that there is zero chance of a coordinated effort. Because Christ is Libertarian (the Author of Liberty), A LOT of remnant people would be attracted to this forum naturally. Many if not the vast majority are Libertarians.

One thing I learned from somebody who's in the movement, and I think this idea was given by the Spirit, is that it's not so important WHO the messenger is, but WHAT the message is. Anybody, even a little child, can be given great truths to utter. Even an evil person can say truth (John 11:51 comes to mind). Each message is true or false, worthy or unworthy.

I def agree with JaredBees above who said it's "Super liberating to be anchored to Christ and take the spirit as our guide to where we can accept truth where God confirms and reject it when it is the contrivance of man or Satan." That is how I want to live my life, so as to not be closed to truth from any source, and not to get too comfortable with tradition that could be the contrivance of man or Satan, as Elder Poelman rightly taught in his famous original 1984 talk.
Yea, I can see how one would think that it is 'super liberating' not to have to follow the strict teachings of a religion and instead pick and choose what you want and call it 'the spirit'. No more worrying about having to pay tithing or attend three hour block meetings,serve in callings, keep the Word of Wisdom, attend the temple, worry about obedience to commandments that cramp a person's lifestyle...

It may be liberating to follow after the teachings of one's own mind and interests, but there will be consequences, eventually, because it is through subjecting our will to God's will that we truly become like him. If we choose not to do this, but follow our own way, we will not grow spiritually as we should, the way Heavenly Father wanted us to, in this life.
It is not liberating to follow one's own mind and interests and underdog did not suggest that.

What was actually said and what is being suggested is that it is liberating to be anchored to Jesus Christ and to take the Holy Spirit as our guide. Being anchored to Christ and obtaining and maintaining the Holy Spirit is the goal of the Church. If one has become anchored to Christ and has the Holy Spirit as their guide as a disciple of Jesus Christ you ought to rejoice. You can't be a disciple of Jesus Christ without keeping the commandments of Jesus Christ. It is important to know what His commandments are and what they are not. The scriptures are great place to look. And because the scriptures are written by the power of the Holy Ghost, having the Holy Ghost as your companion is important to have so that you may understand the scriptures. We obtain the Holy Ghost by having a broken heart and a contrite spirit and we maintain it as we diligently obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.

-Finrock
If someone is anchored to Christ, why would they spend their time bashing the church, leaders and members? I thought we were supposed to hold up the Light, which is Christ.
Yours is a loaded question.

-Finrock

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Mark wrote: July 7th, 2017, 11:46 am Give this old man a break. I just turned 60 this week. And I was sick on my birthday. I deserve a little R & R before I go 6 feet under and get to go listen to Bob weave his stories again.
Hey, I turned 60 the day before you posted this. I don't feel old, though. In fact, I started working out with weights a couple of months ago. I intend to get better and better. Sad that you were sick on your birthday, though. :(

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

Durzan wrote: July 7th, 2017, 12:06 pm

Hmmm interesting... I have had similar experiences... but probably for different reasons. You see, I am supposed to stay in the church. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I will play a big part in the end-game... at least within the church.
I have similar feelings...Durzan is going to play a big part in the endgame...

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

Also, the cool kids call Snuffer Dave, not David.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

lemuel wrote: July 10th, 2017, 7:02 pm Also, the cool kids call Snuffer Dave, not David.
And no one brings up that messy business about Bathsheba, seeing as he's so sensitive to it.... :D

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Cookies wrote: July 9th, 2017, 4:47 pm Yep! Don't ya just hate persistent missionaries who misrepresent things just to gain converts. It's exhausting! /:)
=)) That was funny.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

I have found myself trying to to hold to the iron rod more these days. I care enough about DS movement enough to say I don't care and that's about it. I don't know if we really are in the first stages or in the thick of the sifting but I have seen members sifted. I don't have time for strange paths. I stick with the gospel of Christ and as I draw closer I feel more freedom and joy than when I don't.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Silver Pie wrote: July 10th, 2017, 6:44 pm
Mark wrote: July 7th, 2017, 11:46 am Give this old man a break. I just turned 60 this week. And I was sick on my birthday. I deserve a little R & R before I go 6 feet under and get to go listen to Bob weave his stories again.
Hey, I turned 60 the day before you posted this. I don't feel old, though. In fact, I started working out with weights a couple of months ago. I intend to get better and better. Sad that you were sick on your birthday, though. :(
It's my mom's 60th birthday in a couple of days :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

SmallFarm wrote: July 12th, 2017, 2:07 am
It's a good year to turn 60. I on the other hand, am turning 40 . . . :-o :-o :-o

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Meili wrote: July 12th, 2017, 8:29 am
It's a good year to turn 60. I on the other hand, am turning 40 . . . :-o :-o :-o
Oi what about 50? Actually I've hoped to hit 50 for the past couple of years....this is it! :D

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

I find it funny when folks talk about "Remnant" folks coming over here to do missionary work. Some of us were already here, before lots of you came to this forum. Not true of Mark and Shadow and a few others, of course, but it is certainly true of the original poster.

There were definitely "Remnant" folk here (though they didn't know that's what they were--they just wanted to talk to each other about the books this guy, Denver Snuffer, had written) before 2012 when I joined. In 2012, if you googled Snuffer you were going to end up at Denver's blog, or Amazon, or here. I actually ended up here because I googled "Gileadi" but had already read six or seven of Snuffer's books since 2007, and I felt it was a happy coincidence to note that Snuffer was ALSO being discussed here; as were some important constitutional principles that mattered to me and still do. (It was also enlightening to see that Snuffer, an attorney, shares a lot of those concerns). So it was all win-win for me to find this place. I suspect that some of the folks that ended up being "remnant" originally came here because of their interest in "freedom" issues.

And on another note, I also have passed over the "60" mark. You'll live through it . . . most likely. :D

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Yeah I turn 39 in September :-$

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

SmallFarm wrote: July 12th, 2017, 1:25 pm
For the past year I've been telling people, I'm 39 . . . for real!

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Meili wrote: July 12th, 2017, 2:33 pm

I hit 39 last week. This week my back hurts.,.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

e-eye2.0 wrote: July 12th, 2017, 4:56 pm
Meili wrote: July 12th, 2017, 2:33 pm

I hit 39 last week. This week my back hurts.,.
Funny. I had horrible sciatica back pain off and on last year. If it's sciatica, it's pretty easy to clear up. If not, you have my deepest sympathies.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Just a word of caution;

Mosiah 23:14 And also trust no one to be your teacher nor your minister, except he be a man of God, walking in his ways and keeping his commandments.

If they are an inspired teacher they will not encourage you to separate yourselves from his true church. They would only seek to build you up on the way you are on, add to your foundation not break it up, encourage you to follow the light you feel from the gospel. There also would be no rebellion or taking upon themselves authority that didn't belong to them, and it would be compatible with what you already know to be true. It would also encourage you to focus on the basics of the gospel of faith, repentance, rather than on big mysteries.

I would encourage any of you to not focus too much on who the leaders, elites are, and avoid such stuff. It won't do anyone any good. Further if there is such an elite position it would come through loyalty, love, faith, and principles of equality and serving fellow man not through thinking oneself high up. We don't need to worry about any Davidic servant stuff right now. We just need to feel close to Jesus.

Another type of thinking (its like in D&C 19 and 20) the apostles and early leaders are encouraged to stick to the basics and not do railing accusations etc. They are also given and outlined basic patterns of building up his church and preaching in the right way.

There is also interestingly enough a pattern of all the scriptures we have before of their winding up scenes that we can also see happening now in ours. In the Jaredites' days, the days before Israel was brought into captivity (both north and south kingdom) before Nephi left Jerusalem, the end of the book of Mormon, and also before the destruction preceding Christ's coming to visit them, and in other areas of the scriptures...where there was a danger of big trouble ahead the voices of warning became much stronger. More people escalated their testimonies, instead of merely inviting people to follow Jesus, they attached or else to their messages. Also there were sometimes messengers that didn't quite fit the norm, and this was also a sign that things weren't good. Because extra messengers were around and more vocal this was the pattern that if we are on the road to destruction the Lord will warn us before the punishment. (There are many scriptural references to this that you can find in the standard works of scriptures.) This is why sometimes now we see sometimes people speaking out to repent and love Jesus more than ever before even though they don't always look like they pure LDS> it was the same with Samuel the Lamanite. You will recall that Jesus asked them why his words weren't added to their scriptures...partly because there was some disconnect with respect to where he belonged. This also fits this pattern.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Meili wrote: July 10th, 2017, 7:57 pm
lemuel wrote: July 10th, 2017, 7:02 pm Also, the cool kids call Snuffer Dave, not David.
And no one brings up that messy business about Bathsheba, seeing as he's so sensitive to it.... :D
=)) =))

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Hey, that's awesome, SmallFarm! :ymparty: @};- \:D/

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

e-eye2.0 wrote: July 12th, 2017, 4:56 pm I hit 39 last week. This week my back hurts.,.
For some reason, this cracked me up. :)) Carrying all those years adds up. ;)

Cool to know about all these birthdays.

(edited to fix typo)
Last edited by Silver Pie on July 23rd, 2017, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

gardener4life wrote: July 19th, 2017, 6:38 pm Just a word of caution;

Mosiah 23:14 And also trust no one to be your teacher nor your minister, except he be a man of God, walking in his ways and keeping his commandments.
I absolutely agree with this. And I think a teacher or minister who is a man of God, etc. will point only to Christ.

inquirringmind
captain of 100

Post by inquirringmind »

inho wrote: July 7th, 2017, 10:34 am Most of the snufferites I have noticed here are people who have been here for long time. I haven't noticed the appearance of new people recently, maybe I'm reading wrong threads. The only exception is the reappearance of log first as etz and then as yod.
Are you sure that log was posting here under those user names after he was banned (and if he was, is it possible he had permission to return under a new name)?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

inquirringmind wrote: October 25th, 2017, 10:56 pm
inho wrote: July 7th, 2017, 10:34 am Most of the snufferites I have noticed here are people who have been here for long time. I haven't noticed the appearance of new people recently, maybe I'm reading wrong threads. The only exception is the reappearance of log first as etz and then as yod.
Are you sure that log was posting here under those user names after he was banned (and if he was, is it possible he had permission to return under a new name)?
You would have to ask Brian to be sure. Banning of people is hardly ever very public, so there could be misunderstandings. I think the answer is positive, but only Brian can tell if he has banned someone or not.