Who else thinks "the remnant" sends people over to ldsff on "missions"?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
True
captain of 100

Who else thinks "the remnant" sends people over to ldsff on "missions"?

Post by True »

Doesn't it just seem like it? As soon as one leaves, another appears. Maybe they send themselves. Maybe "David" sends them, you know, the one who is NOT the Davidic Servant or the One Mighty and Strong (wink wink). It is exhausting.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: Who else thinks "the remnant" sends people over to ldsff on "missions"?

Post by diligently seeking »

True, truth, as you know, is not localized just in our church. I have heard amazing spirit backed truth all over the Christian map. That would include Denver Snuffer and remnant group. Super liberating to be anchored to Christ and take the spirit as our guide to where we can accept truth where god confirms and reject it when it is the contrivance of man or satan. Christ takes the exhaustion / insecurity out of our forward movement as he is our foundation, yes?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I have no idea whom you are describing, but I have noticed a recent influx of people with new accounts, people who post a few messages one day or over a few days then don't seem to return.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

I am just making an observation that DS people show up here, usually skilled with persuasive powers and try to fish in this pond, to win converts. Then, as soon as they leave or fade into the background, someone else immediately steps forward. The timing of it all seems like it can't be coincidence.

It is exhausting because I can't handle reading it over and over. I can see how DS used to win converts with disgruntled spiritually elite people. I get it. But after his claim of "wresting the keys" from the "brethren", and his insistence that his name is David and "no I won't claim to be the Mighty and Strong One, but I won't deny it", all the while knowing that is what his followers all believe he is.

This is genuine kool aid drinking stuff. I refuse to take anything from that group when it is all to be had in the feast that Christ has already provided in his own Church. I know because I have partaken of it as I have studied the scriptures, prayed, listened to the spirit and kept my temple covenants. Miracles have abounded in my life because of restoration of the gospel. Although I have found truth all over the place, I will not look for it in a place that opposes the church of God. And I haven't needed to. I found it before I even heard of such a person as Denver Snuffer.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

True wrote: July 7th, 2017, 8:33 am I am just making an observation that DS people show up here, usually skilled with persuasive powers and try to fish in this pond, to win converts. Then, as soon as they leave or fade into the background, someone else immediately steps forward. The timing of it all seems like it can't be coincidence.

It is exhausting because I can't handle reading it over and over. I can see how DS used to win converts with disgruntled spiritually elite people. I get it. But after his claim of "wresting the keys" from the "brethren", and his insistence that his name is David and "no I won't claim to be the Mighty and Strong One, but I won't deny it", all the while knowing that is what his followers all believe he is.

This is genuine kool aid drinking stuff. I refuse to take anything from that group when it is all to be had in the feast that Christ has already provided in his own Church. I know because I have partaken of it as I have studied the scriptures, prayed, listened to the spirit and kept my temple covenants. Miracles have abounded in my life because of restoration of the gospel. Although I have found truth all over the place, I will not look for it in a place that opposes the church of God. And I haven't needed to. I found it before I even heard of such a person as Denver Snuffer.
As true, as true can be.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

True wrote: July 7th, 2017, 8:33 am I am just making an observation that DS people show up here, usually skilled with persuasive powers and try to fish in this pond, to win converts. Then, as soon as they leave or fade into the background, someone else immediately steps forward. The timing of it all seems like it can't be coincidence.

I don't follow this site as much as I used too so I haven't noticed snufferites so much. I'd bet there are posters on this site who use quite a few different names. Some even high five each other for making awesome posts =))

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote: July 7th, 2017, 9:33 am

I don't follow this site as much as I used too so I haven't noticed snufferites so much. I'd bet there are posters on this site who use quite a few different names. Some even high five each other for making awesome posts =))

So Where do you spend all your free time now? And don't say that you are actually working more..

P.S. I have strep from lousy plane rides so there's nothing better to do. What's your excuse?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote: July 7th, 2017, 9:50 am

So Where do you spend all your free time now? And don't say that you are actually working more..

P.S. I have strep from lousy plane rides so there's nothing better to do. What's your excuse?
I'm working more.. I need a job like yours- under worked and over paid :ymsmug:

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Most of the snufferites I have noticed here are people who have been here for long time. I haven't noticed the appearance of new people recently, maybe I'm reading wrong threads. The only exception is the reappearance of log first as etz and then as yod.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

inho wrote: July 7th, 2017, 10:34 am Most of the snufferites I have noticed here are people who have been here for long time. I haven't noticed the appearance of new people recently, maybe I'm reading wrong threads. The only exception is the reappearance of log first as etz and then as yod.
Here's one: viewtopic.php?p=792595#p792596

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

shadow wrote: July 7th, 2017, 9:57 am
Mark wrote: July 7th, 2017, 9:50 am

I'm working more.. I need a job like yours- under worked and over paid :ymsmug:
Give this old man a break. I just turned 60 this week. And I was sick on my birthday. I deserve a little R & R before I go 6 feet under and get to go listen to Bob weave his stories again.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

I've had some interesting spiritual promptings with DS, BrentL, and others who will remain nameless.

I've had some strong positive promptings regarding true teachings that they have taught. I've had equally strong warnings not to become a follower or disciple of any of them. And they all would claim that they want no followers, and that is fine. I have seen some, I feel that have become DS followers in a away that I have been warned against.

That is strictly me personally and others are welcome to do as they see fit.

Amonhi is probably the one guy I have had the hardest time not seeing as a "leader". He is both consistent and I get strong confirmations on most of what he says and have not had the same "warning" promptings that I have had regarding others. I'm not interested in joining any splinter groups, but I am happy to receive truth from any source that I can.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

2EstablishZion wrote: July 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm I've had some interesting spiritual promptings with DS, BrentL, and others who will remain nameless.

I've had some strong positive promptings regarding true teachings that they have taught. I've had equally strong warnings not to become a follower or disciple of any of them. And they all would claim that they want no followers, and that is fine. I have seen some, I feel that have become DS followers in a away that I have been warned against.

Amonhi is probably the one guy I have had the hardest time not seeing as a "leader". He is both consistent and I get strong confirmations on most of what he says and have not had the same "warning" promptings that I have had regarding others. I'm not interested in joining any splinter groups, but I am happy to receive truth from any source that I can.
Hmmm interesting... I have had similar experiences... but probably for different reasons. You see, I am supposed to stay in the church. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I will play a big part in the end-game... at least within the church.

BackBlast
captain of 100

Post by BackBlast »

Durzan wrote: July 7th, 2017, 12:06 pm Hmmm interesting... I have had similar experiences... but probably for different reasons. You see, I am supposed to stay in the church. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I will play a big part in the end-game... at least within the church.
The church is a great place to be and do the work. I know my place is there to do my little part in this interesting time.
2EstablishZion wrote: July 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm I've had some interesting spiritual promptings with DS, BrentL, and others who will remain nameless.

I've had similar. Lots of truth, but there was other stuff mixed in that and so I stayed away and just watched.
2EstablishZion wrote: July 7th, 2017, 12:01 pm Amonhi is probably the one guy I have had the hardest time not seeing as a "leader". He is both consistent and I get strong confirmations on most of what he says and have not had the same "warning" promptings that I have had regarding others. I'm not interested in joining any splinter groups, but I am happy to receive truth from any source that I can.
I have definitely learned from him and his stumbling blocks seem, so far, mostly harmless. I don't see him as any kind of leader though.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Truth mixed with lies can be very convincing. Especially if looking for a loophole.
Some of what DS says is true, things he's learned from the scriptures and our Prophets, however we know he does not have the authority to expose Prophesy, so where does that prophesy come from?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

True wrote: July 6th, 2017, 7:22 pm Maybe "David" sends them, you know, the one who is NOT the Davidic Servant or the One Mighty and Strong (wink wink). It is exhausting.
Does Snuffer call himself "David" these days??

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

When you have a lot of truth mixed with a little bit of lies it is called counterfeit.

Think of an almost perfect bill, so much true and correct you could mistake it for the real deal if you aren't paying attention. But because of the mistakes we know it is fake. Too bad it isn't worth something for the parts it gets right. Instead it is worth nothing for the few parts that are wrong. Good for nothing but burning the paper.

The reality is, you can almost always find truth mixed with error, but sorting it out can be hard. Why not make it easy and look for truth among reliable sources and skip the trash? Isn't that a much faster, easier and safer way to truth.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Here is the info on DS and his new name from a thread in the Last Days section.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12435&p=792673#p792673

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I highly doubt there is an organized effort to proselytize LDSFF. An unorganized effort, sure. But not an organized one.

underdog
captain of 100

Post by underdog »

I would guess, because the so-called Snuffer movement or remnant movement is without a leader and is wired up to be decentralized as a principle, that there is zero chance of a coordinated effort. Because Christ is Libertarian (the Author of Liberty), A LOT of remnant people would be attracted to this forum naturally. Many if not the vast majority are Libertarians.

One thing I learned from somebody who's in the movement, and I think this idea was given by the Spirit, is that it's not so important WHO the messenger is, but WHAT the message is. Anybody, even a little child, can be given great truths to utter. Even an evil person can say truth (John 11:51 comes to mind). Each message is true or false, worthy or unworthy.

I def agree with JaredBees above who said it's "Super liberating to be anchored to Christ and take the spirit as our guide to where we can accept truth where God confirms and reject it when it is the contrivance of man or Satan." That is how I want to live my life, so as to not be closed to truth from any source, and not to get too comfortable with tradition that could be the contrivance of man or Satan, as Elder Poelman rightly taught in his famous original 1984 talk.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

True wrote: July 6th, 2017, 7:22 pm Doesn't it just seem like it? As soon as one leaves, another appears. Maybe they send themselves. Maybe "David" sends them, you know, the one who is NOT the Davidic Servant or the One Mighty and Strong (wink wink). It is exhausting.
I don't think they are 'sent' by anyone, I think they come here because they are bored on their Remnant boards--and I don't blame them, there's probably more discussion and interest on this forum than many others out there.

And I don't think all the newbies are from the Remnant. I also agree that some are returnees who've come under a different name.

This forum prides itself on 'freedom'--it is more relaxed and allows for more leeway in conversation than some other LDS forums so I think it attracts more from the fringes of Mormonism and those who have left the faith but still want to talk about it--mostly why they left the faith.

We really have all kinds here.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

My understanding is that the posters who use the 'Amonhi' account belong to a group called Elliason.org. I don't think they are an organized sect, as in a different religious group, but they do have their own brand of beliefs and doctrines which don't quite match up to mainstream LDS beliefs. They share them sometimes, but since Amonhi has been relegated to Outer Darkness, not so much anymore.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

underdog wrote: July 8th, 2017, 12:54 pm I would guess, because the so-called Snuffer movement or remnant movement is without a leader and is wired up to be decentralized as a principle, that there is zero chance of a coordinated effort. Because Christ is Libertarian (the Author of Liberty), A LOT of remnant people would be attracted to this forum naturally. Many if not the vast majority are Libertarians.

One thing I learned from somebody who's in the movement, and I think this idea was given by the Spirit, is that it's not so important WHO the messenger is, but WHAT the message is. Anybody, even a little child, can be given great truths to utter. Even an evil person can say truth (John 11:51 comes to mind). Each message is true or false, worthy or unworthy.

I def agree with JaredBees above who said it's "Super liberating to be anchored to Christ and take the spirit as our guide to where we can accept truth where God confirms and reject it when it is the contrivance of man or Satan." That is how I want to live my life, so as to not be closed to truth from any source, and not to get too comfortable with tradition that could be the contrivance of man or Satan, as Elder Poelman rightly taught in his famous original 1984 talk.
Yea, I can see how one would think that it is 'super liberating' not to have to follow the strict teachings of a religion and instead pick and choose what you want and call it 'the spirit'. No more worrying about having to pay tithing or attend three hour block meetings,serve in callings, keep the Word of Wisdom, attend the temple, worry about obedience to commandments that cramp a person's lifestyle...

It may be liberating to follow after the teachings of one's own mind and interests, but there will be consequences, eventually, because it is through subjecting our will to God's will that we truly become like him. If we choose not to do this, but follow our own way, we will not grow spiritually as we should, the way Heavenly Father wanted us to, in this life.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

underdog wrote: July 8th, 2017, 12:54 pm I would guess, because the so-called Snuffer movement or remnant movement is without a leader and is wired up to be decentralized as a principle, that there is zero chance of a coordinated effort. Because Christ is Libertarian (the Author of Liberty), A LOT of remnant people would be attracted to this forum naturally. Many if not the vast majority are Libertarians.

Oh, not a zero chance. For an unregulated society, they've still managed to pick up a few regulations.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

:D
I hereby high five you on making your post about people high fiving each other for making awesome posts.