Main Body of Ten Tribes in Kurdistan/Armenia

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Main Body of Ten Tribes in Kurdistan/Armenia

Post by SmallFarm »

EdGoble wrote: July 10th, 2017, 1:05 pm
SmallFarm wrote: July 10th, 2017, 10:37 am Impossible. Perhaps noted and then disregarded?
Actually, when Robin Hood brings enough attention to himself with this kind of behavior, then perhaps the mods will ban him, hopefully, from this forum, as he has long been deserving of.
You're both pig wrestling. Pick yourself up, spray off the mud and move on. :ymcowboy:

EdGoble
captain of 1,000

Post by EdGoble »

SmallFarm wrote: July 10th, 2017, 1:36 pm
EdGoble wrote: July 10th, 2017, 1:05 pm
SmallFarm wrote: July 10th, 2017, 10:37 am Impossible. Perhaps noted and then disregarded?
Actually, when Robin Hood brings enough attention to himself with this kind of behavior, then perhaps the mods will ban him, hopefully, from this forum, as he has long been deserving of.
You're both pig wrestling. Pick yourself up, spray off the mud and move on. :ymcowboy:
You may minimize it, and Finrock "liked" it, but there is a matter here of principle, so that I could make my position known of those principles. And the abusive responses to these things are also now on record in this thread, in a classic Robin Hood harassment fashion for the moderators to see. The conversation, if there ever was one, is long over. You say move on. Yes, we could have moved on, but then, there was a principle that had to be declared, from my point of view. He just ended up showing who he is. That's good enough for me now. That's all I cared about, was for my position on that principle to be known. You all think it is a game. I say that my dignity and my honor has been maligned. Robin Hood says I have chosen to be offended. No, I have just defended my honor and the dignity of my identity. If that is a small thing to you, so let it be.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Ed, I for one am grateful for your participation on this forum. Anonymous posters can never be as credible.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Just for the record, it is EdGoble who is the abusive poster, as any examination of the thread will clearly reveal.
I don't know why he has taken such a disliking to me, but the truth is I'm fairly thick-skinned so I don't really care.
It appears to me that he is one of those people that likes to control both sides of a discussion and gets very irritated when he can't. At least that seems to be what has happened here.

Just to recap, I don't agree with his theory regarding the whereabouts of the Ten Lost Tribes, and made the mistake of saying so.

And also for the record, I have no intention of participating in self-censorship by complying with his demand that I not participate in any thread started by him in the future; and I afford him the same privilege regarding my threads.
He is welcome to comment on any of my threads, I wouldn't dream of attempting to restrict him; I would value his input. I believe everyone should be able to say as much or as little as they please.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

As I am an ever advocate for evelating the level of interaction, we all have a responsibility as baptized members of the only true church to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all places and in all Internet forums.

Trolling is a problem here. Is it so much to ask to be a little more considerate when disagreeing? We are commanded to love one another and commanded to stand for righteousness. It can be hard to do both but it shouldn't be and is a worthy endeavor. Thank goodness we are commanded to forgive as well.. Seventy posts times seven... So Robin Hood you may want to check your numbers. :D :ymhug:

I appreciate this thread and I appreciate Robin Hoods dry sense of humor, but Ed has a point. There are far too many drive by bombs that are a bit callous and inconsiderate given the time and energy and thought people put into posts. Truth dispels error all on its own even even presented with love.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

Robin Hood wrote: June 29th, 2017, 6:35 am I don't believe this.
I believe they are in a place we do not know about in the far north.
John the Revelator is with them.
There is no way they are in Armenia or Kurdistan; the scriptures are quite clear, as was Joseph Smith.
You're probably right. Still, per Jacob 5, Armenia/Kurdistan probably qualifies as a poor or poorer spot of land.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

EdGoble wrote: June 29th, 2017, 8:19 am
Robin Hood wrote: June 29th, 2017, 6:35 am I don't believe this.
Of course you don't, just like you are in the dark ages about the flood, and other critical matters, not critical for salvation, but critical for understanding what is likely to be truth about poorly-understood issues. You are welcome to continue to believe what you do, but you will make no progress toward truth on these matters.
and may God have mercy on your soul, ye fiend of the infernal pit.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

EdGoble wrote: July 10th, 2017, 1:44 pm I say that my dignity and my honor has been maligned. Robin Hood says I have chosen to be offended. No, I have just defended my honor and the dignity of my identity. If that is a small thing to you, so let it be.
Pistols at dawn?

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

lemuel wrote: July 10th, 2017, 8:55 pm
EdGoble wrote: July 10th, 2017, 1:44 pm I say that my dignity and my honor has been maligned. Robin Hood says I have chosen to be offended. No, I have just defended my honor and the dignity of my identity. If that is a small thing to you, so let it be.
Pistols at dawn?
:)) :ymapplause:

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Elizabeth wrote: July 10th, 2017, 3:54 pm Ed, I for one am grateful for your participation on this forum. Anonymous posters can never be as credible.
I second that one. Keep your post coming, Ed.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

lemuel wrote: July 10th, 2017, 8:55 pm
Pistols at dawn?
I think we should leave Dawn out of it. She's a nice girl.
Also, I'm in England and would have some difficulty obtaining a pistol. I'm pretty lethal with a stick of wet celery though.
So, celery it is, sometime around mid afternoon or early evening.... dependent on when the Cricket finishes. :)