Anger Never Justified

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Re: Anger Never Justified

Post by sushi_chef »

soothing effect of gileade balm, immediately banishing of those hurted feelings/angers right after prayer : praying/asking heavenly father to bless those who hurt.

19 For the kingdom of the devil must shake, and they which belong to it must needs be stirred up unto repentance, or the devil will grasp them with his everlasting chains, and they be stirred up to anger, and perish;

20 For behold, at that day shall he rage in the hearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.

44 But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good.

46 Therefore those things which were of old time, which were under the law, in me are all fulfilled.

47 Old things are done away, and all things have become new.

48 Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect.

21 Now when the people saw that they were coming against them they went out to meet them, and prostrated themselves before them to the earth, and began to call on the name of the Lord; and thus they were in this attitude when the Lamanites began to fall upon them, and began to slay them with the sword.

22 And thus without meeting any resistance, they did slay a thousand and five of them; and we know that they are blessed, for they have gone to dwell with their God.

seems those anti-nephi-lehi people had been connected to heaven all the time.

:-B

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Re: Anger Never Justified

Post by Finrock »

AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 7:51 pm Somehow I don't see Jesus as feeling happy when he cleansed the temple (two times) and when he cursed the fig tree and called the Pharisees to repentance with some pretty harsh words. I think our Lord knew what it felt like to feel anger...righteous anger. Which is what Orson Pratt seems to be describing.
I can appreciate that and it makes sense to me. How we perceive God really depends on where we are at in our relationship to Him and the interactions that we have had with God.

There have been times as a father of six children where I have used a stern voice, spoken very directly, and have warned my children of the consequences of their actions. When I have done this it has been calculated and deliberate. It was not motivated by anger, by annoyance, or by any negative feeling. I felt quite happy, actually, but the situations required that I warn my children and so I spoke and presented myself in a manner that reflected the gravity of the situation. Don't get me wrong, though, my children certainly perceived me as being angry, upset, or disappointed in them. But, on the contrary I was motivated and driven to speak sternly, directly, and to issue a warning solely and only because of my love for them and because of my concern for them and because of my desires for them to be happy.

God can speak to us in a stern voice, very directly, and issue warnings without feeling the emotion of anger, without disturbing His happiness, or without feeling any negative feelings or emotions whatsoever.

-Finrock