Coca-Cola arrives at LDS Business College, but BYU stays on no-caffeine wagon

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Coca-Cola arrives at LDS Business College, but BYU stays on no-caffeine wagon

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Crackers wrote: July 18th, 2017, 8:18 pm What do you think the government would ACTUALLY do with the revenue from your proposed sin tax?? It is absolutely not the government's place do do any sort of thing. Nor would I trust them to do it well even if it were. Get over it already. This is the lds FREEDOM forum, right? Am I in the wrong place?
It would be a great way to help fund health care i.e. an ounce of prevention ...

Innovation has already begun Image

The reformulation race: Driving change in sugar-sweetened beverages

... The UK government plans to introduce a levy on sugar sweetened beverages in April 2018. In its draft legislation published in December, it claimed the impending legislation was already encouraging producers to reformulate drinks (those that contain less than 5g per 100ml will not be subject to the level; while those with between 5g and 8g will be subject to a lower rate).

Certainly, there has been a flurry of sugar reduction announcements in recent months, mainly using the 5g/100ml threshold as a benchmark. ... http://mobile.beveragedaily.com/Markets ... -beverages ...