Forgive me

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
drtanner
captain of 1,000

Forgive me

Post by drtanner »

I woke up early this morning posted a comment and then read some scriptures and came across a quote "Honesty without Tact is Cruelty" That combined with some of my readings gave me a desire to ask for your forgiveness if I have come across as cruel in my responses. Sometimes my loyalty and sensitivity to those lead this church can create an overzealousness in defending them that may not always be the best way to communicate.

I apologize, genuinely. I know I need to approach these things with more gentleness, meekness, and love. As I have come to read several writings from those on this forum I feel like I get a sense of who you are. Your genuineness in trying to follow the savior, keep his commandments and do all that he would ask. I have grown a love and appreciation for these things although I have not really expressed it.

I also stumbled across this clip below. It was a great reminder of how God feels about me a prideful sinful mortal and how much he gives when we do not deserve an ounce of it. If I have offended you or made you upset in any way I am sorry and will work to improve and pray for the grace to communicate with more love.

Please keep sharing those things with us that would encourage, uplift, inspire, and help us all gain more faith in Christ and I will do my best to do the same.

Last edited by drtanner on June 1st, 2017, 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Forgive me

Post by marc »

God gave us the earth and all things to be used freely and not by extortion or excess. Les Miserables exemplifies just how much people covet "things" thereby taking ownership of all "things" and exacting prices where God exacts no price and charges no rent for use of this Earth. This renders us all thieves and robbers, leaving the poor and the needy wanting. But the world makes thieves and robbers of the poor and the needy. As we see in Les Miserables, it makes prostitutes of hungry mothers who cannot feed their children because men would extort virtue from them in order to satisfy their own lusts rather than to give to the woman freely when she puts up her petition. The priest understood this and that is why he gave all his silverware until there was nothing left to give.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

You are loved and valued-- Drtanner. thank you for you love and devotion to our gracious Savior... We are all better for it. :) Sincere gratitude and love, JaredB

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

drtanner wrote: June 1st, 2017, 10:47 am I woke up early this morning posted a comment and then read some scriptures and came across a quote "Honesty without Tact is Cruelty" That combined with some of my readings gave me a desire to ask for your forgiveness if I have come across as cruel in my responses. Sometimes my loyalty and sensitivity to those lead this church can create an overzealousness in defending them that may not always be the best way to communicate.

I apologize, genuinely. I know I need to approach these things with more gentleness, meekness, and love. As I have come to read several writings from those on this forum I feel like I get a sense of who you are. Your genuineness in trying to follow the savior, keep his commandments and do all that he would ask. I have grown a love and appreciation for these things although I have not really expressed it.

I also stumbled across this clip below. It was a great reminder of how God feels about me a prideful sinful mortal and how much he gives me when I do not deserve an ounce of it. If I have offended you or made you upset in any way I am sorry and will work to improve and pray for the grace to communicate with more love.

Please keep sharing those things with us that would encourage, uplift, inspire, and help us all gain more faith in Christ and I will do my best to do the same.

It's difficult to learn the lessons of being respectful and kind to those who disagree with you on points that are very dear to you. It's even more difficult if they don't feel the need to be kind and respectful to you. I'm struggling with the same difficulty and have found a great deal of happiness lately in experiencing a little success. Jean val Jean was changed by this act of pure kindness by the bishop, which reflected the way God loves us. We also can help lift others' souls by giving what we don't believe others deserve. That is at the foundation of the work of God. Witnessing the fruits of those acts, while not always as profound as in Les Meserable, is always an uplifting experience. Even if they do not touch the heart of another, they always change the heart of the person who gave.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

I just watched the LeMis video. I love it! A person can read every self-help book in the world on how to be most effective in their interactions with others with the hope of inspiring the best out of people--- all that combined knowledge and ability gained is a drop in the bucket to "Christ blessed ways" when we are governed / empowered through Jesus to love, lift, and build. Look at Saul a most strict and learned Pharisee-- as incredibly hijacked as that religion was at that point in history-- it still was a religion of what they thought were attributes of godliness found in or thought to be understood and applied effectively. (No reference to our church am I implying) All or most of that was abandoned by Saul when he became Paul converted and empowered by Jesus and his most true and most efective grace filled ways... We all can Shout on the tops of our houses praises to those in our Lives who through their Christ inspired love --gave us permission be our better self / divine self.

Better put by Joseph:

Nothing is so much calculated to lead people to forsake sin as to take them by the hand, and watch over them with tenderness. When persons manifest the least kindness and love to me, O what power it has over my mind, while the opposite course has a tendency to harrow up all the harsh feelings and depress the human mind. (History of the Church, 5:23–24.)
Last edited by diligently seeking on June 1st, 2017, 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Re: "THE LOVE OF GOD WILL EVER REMAIN THE SAINTS AND ANGELS SONG"

https://youtu.be/k6B_jYtjvME

This is a beautiful song sung by beautiful people. This Mormon (me) loves the Gaither band. if it's not quite your style of music just keep listening to it (start to finish). The message will grab you. :)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Though he's a fictional character, I love Bishop Charles-François-Bienvenu Myriel, and one day I hope to learn about Bienvenu de Miollis, the Bishop of Digne who Hugo based Bishop Myriel on.

He wasn't initially named Bienvenu; it is a name or nickname bestowed on him for his charitable nature and virtuousness.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

marc wrote: June 1st, 2017, 11:25 am God gave us the earth and all things to be used freely and not by extortion or excess. Les Miserables exemplifies just how much people covet "things" thereby taking ownership of all "things" and exacting prices where God exacts no price and charges no rent for use of this Earth. This renders us all thieves and robbers, leaving the poor and the needy wanting. But the world makes thieves and robbers of the poor and the needy. As we see in Les Miserables, it makes prostitutes of hungry mothers who cannot feed their children because men would extort virtue from them in order to satisfy their own lusts rather than to give to the woman freely when she puts up her petition. The priest understood this and that is why he gave all his silverware until there was nothing left to give.
This sounds like something Yod would say. ;)

-Finrock

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Finrock wrote: June 1st, 2017, 7:02 pm
marc wrote: June 1st, 2017, 11:25 am God gave us the earth and all things to be used freely and not by extortion or excess. Les Miserables exemplifies just how much people covet "things" thereby taking ownership of all "things" and exacting prices where God exacts no price and charges no rent for use of this Earth. This renders us all thieves and robbers, leaving the poor and the needy wanting. But the world makes thieves and robbers of the poor and the needy. As we see in Les Miserables, it makes prostitutes of hungry mothers who cannot feed their children because men would extort virtue from them in order to satisfy their own lusts rather than to give to the woman freely when she puts up her petition. The priest understood this and that is why he gave all his silverware until there was nothing left to give.

-Finrock
Maybe, but this observation did not come from him. It's something I've pondered several years now.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

marc wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 4:34 am

-Finrock
Maybe, but this observation did not come from him. It's something I've pondered several years now.
I don't doubt that. My observation had more to do with how the message was or is being received. Although it shouldn't matter, in reality the messenger is often more important to people than the message.

If the messenger is liked, so is the message.

-Finrock

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

Finrock wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 7:29 am

-Finrock
I don't doubt that. My observation had more to do with how the message was or is being received. Although it shouldn't matter, in reality the messenger is often more important to people than the message.

-Finrock

Love you to Finrock. If in this case Marc is saying that we should have no savings, or keep a reserve of money or food for a rainy day then I would have to respectully disagree, but I didn't get a sense that is what he was communicating. But I do love Marc, and Yod, and hopefully I can reconcile the tone I communicated with him, but couldn't find a way to message him. If you happen to talk with him let him know.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

drtanner wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 1:39 pm
Finrock wrote: June 2nd, 2017, 7:29 am

-Finrock

-Finrock

Love you to Finrock. If in this case Marc is saying that we should have no savings, or keep a reserve of money or food for a rainy day then I would have to respectully disagree, but I didn't get a sense that is what he was communicating. But I do love Marc, and Yod, and hopefully I can reconcile the tone I communicated with him, but couldn't find a way to message him. If you happen to talk with him let him know.
I don't have a way of communicating with him. I have no problem with Yod, but, we aren't buddies. Not that I wouldn't be his buddy or friend, just saying that we are not.

-Finrock

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

No, my post above was not about not having any savings, keep a reserve, etc. My post was about God giving us the earth and all things therein to be used freely and not by extortion or excess. This fundamentally eliminates the need for money, savings, reserves, and all the stuff Yod was preaching in the other threads. There would be no need for markets, exchanges/exchanging goods, etc. You simply ask and you receive. You "buy" milk and honey without money and without price. I mean, really, God literally sent manna from heaven and sent water from a rock. And we are worried about a 401k? This is why I said taking ownership of the things of the earth is extorting from the poor and making thieves and robbers of them, when the rest of us are the thieves and robbers--extortioners because of ownership and our excess. It does, however, tie in to some of Yod's posts, I'll admit, but that is coincidental.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Dawg-gone you drtanner. :) You got me all weepy eyed. You inspired me to watch Le-mis.

https://youtu.be/7dFIz5ZG4DQ

Is there any thing / few things more beautiful than God's LOVE that shows through another which such exemplifying of God's love triumphantly and joyously proclaims that God reigns!? Jean Val Jhan--- what a beautiful portrayal of Jesus.... Man! That movie is a "heart sell" for me.

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth! (And where God reigns / is there LOVE is also.)

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Marc,
You should read "God's Smuggler" by Brother Andrew. He is able to do what you are talking about through faith in the Lord, only in a different context . Through faith he is able to provide for all his needs as he does God's work. That is not the main point though. It is just a byproduct of his faith as he goes about serving the Lord. It is so incredible to read bc his experiences are a primer on how to use and practice faith that produces miracles. I think that if anyone here has the faith to do what you are talking about, it would be you.

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

True wrote: June 3rd, 2017, 8:57 am Marc,
You should read "God's Smuggler" by Brother Andrew. He is able to do what you are talking about through faith in the Lord, only in a different context . Through faith he is able to provide for all his needs as he does God's work. That is not the main point though. It is just a byproduct of his faith as he goes about serving the Lord. It is so incredible to read bc his experiences are a primer on how to use and practice faith that produces miracles. I think that if anyone here has the faith to do what you are talking about, it would be you.

"Hear hear!" true! Two thumbs up on that assessment! Don't tell Marc-- but he is my favorite contributer on the forum. More often than not I send his stuff out to my family. They likewise very much value his inspired writings. The ranks are growing with those who are being strengthened in Jesus because of that disciple, Marc! :)

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Often, I find it most difficult to forgive myself. I see my every flaw, whereas others I don’t. I mean I still feel so much shame for things I did as a kid. It holds me back from being who I could be.

Jim Rohn said, “Beware of the thief on the street that's after your purse. But also beware of the thief in your mind that's after your promise.”

A quote from the link below: “You will not be defeated by what they say about you. You will be defeated by what you say about you.”
https://youtu.be/U3SxozrvsYM