The Davidic Servant Vs. Goliath Isaiah 51:9

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

The Davidic Servant Vs. Goliath Isaiah 51:9

Post by Alaris »

I had a great PM discussion with Older / Wiser about how life mirrors the eternities and vice versa. I absolutely believe this - so many stories in the Old Testament mirror the eternities and eternal principles so accurately that it almost makes them more difficult to believe as they were achieved within the bounds of free agency (as opposed to limited agency for those who cringe at the adjective "free".)
Isaiah 51:9 ¶ Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?
Isaiah Institute Translation:
Isaiah 51:9 Awake, arise; clothe yourself with power,
O arm of Jehovah!
Bestir yourself, as in ancient times,
as in generations of old.
Was it not you who carved up Rahab,
you who slew the dragon?
Avraham Gileadi believes this is referring to pharoah. I do not believe this is the case at all. This is the Lord telling the Davidic Servant to awake and arise to who he is and the very first thing He tells him to "awaken" him to an understanding of who he is, is to tell him essentially, "Bestir / awaken to who you were in ancient times (premortal life.) Was it not you who cut / carved up Rahab and wounded / slew the dragon?"

I believe Gileadi's translation (based off the Great Isaiah Scroll found in the Dead Sea Scrolls and the next oldest sources of Isaiah) is more accurate when he says "Slew" the dragon. I'm not saying the dragon was the devil himself ... the hebrew word that is translated into dragon here may also mean Monster: Tannin - serpent, dragon, sea monster. "Sea" can represent the rebellion in Isaiah in my humble opinion, so Sea Monster could mean .. monster of the rebellion.

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/8577.htm
Isaiah 51:10
10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?
Isaiah Institute:
Isaiah 51:10 Was it not you who dried up the Sea,
the waters of the mighty deep,
and made of ocean depths a way
by which the redeemed might pass?
The Hebrew Word for "deep" can also mean Abyss
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/tehom_8415.htm

This seems like an obvious reference to the Moses parting the Red Sea for Israel, but Moses did not dry up the Sea and the waters of the mighty deep. I believe this is referring to a victory in the war in heaven that allowed the followers of Jehovah to pass through to the second estate.

Back to Verse 9. Rahab. Awake and Arise Davidic Servant. Are you not the one who cut Rahab and slew the Dragon. Remember Dragon can mean Sea Monster. Rahab oddly enough can also mean:
"storm," a sea monster
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7293.htm
From the link above, another definition:
literally storm, arrogance, but only as names
proud, strength
Also, from wikipedia:
Rahab, (/ˈreɪ.hæb/;[1] Hebrew: רָחָב, Modern Raẖav, Tiberian Rāḥāḇ; "broad," "large"
So here are all the words that Rahab may mean - perhaps thaabit can clarify with his linguistic skills - Sea Monster, Storm / Arrogance but only as names, Proud, Strength, and perhaps most importantly "Broad, Large."

Is it possible that King David himself was a type of the Davidic Servant who slew a Proud, large, monstrous soldier of the rebellion in the premortal war? Was he a general who, under the direction of Michael, led the armies of the righteous to victory, perhaps banishing the rebellious to a lower plane of existence, not but decree alone, but by the sword?

dafty
captain of 100

Re: The Davidic Servant Vs. Goliath Isaiah 51:9

Post by dafty »

alaris wrote: May 29th, 2017, 2:21 pm I had a great PM discussion with Older / Wiser about how life mirrors the eternities and vice versa. I absolutely believe this - so many stories in the Old Testament mirror the eternities and eternal principles so accurately that it almost makes them more difficult to believe as they were achieved within the bounds of free agency (as opposed to limited agency for those who cringe at the adjective "free".)
Isaiah 51:9 ¶ Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the Lord; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?
O arm of Jehovah!
you who slew the dragon?
Avraham Gileadi believes this is referring to pharoah. I do not believe this is the case at all. This is the Lord telling the Davidic Servant to awake and arise to who he is and the very first thing He tells him to "awaken" him to an understanding of who he is, is to tell him essentially, "Bestir / awaken to who you were in ancient times (premortal life.) Was it not you who cut / carved up Rahab and wounded / slew the dragon?"

I believe Gileadi's translation (based off the Great Isaiah Scroll found in the Dead Sea Scrolls and the next oldest sources of Isaiah) is more accurate when he says "Slew" the dragon. I'm not saying the dragon was the devil himself ... the hebrew word that is translated into dragon here may also mean Monster: Tannin - serpent, dragon, sea monster. "Sea" can represent the rebellion in Isaiah in my humble opinion, so Sea Monster could mean .. monster of the rebellion.

10 Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over?
Isaiah Institute:

This seems like an obvious reference to the Moses parting the Red Sea for Israel, but Moses did not dry up the Sea and the waters of the mighty deep. I believe this is referring to a victory in the war in heaven that allowed the followers of Jehovah to pass through to the second estate.

Back to Verse 9. Rahab. Awake and Arise Davidic Servant. Are you not the one who cut Rahab and slew the Dragon. Remember Dragon can mean Sea Monster. Rahab oddly enough can also mean:
"storm," a sea monster
proud, strength
Also, from wikipedia:
Rahab, (/ˈreɪ.hæb/;[1] Hebrew: רָחָב, Modern Raẖav, Tiberian Rāḥāḇ; "broad," "large"
So here are all the words that Rahab may mean - perhaps thaabit can clarify with his linguistic skills - Sea Monster, Storm / Arrogance but only as names, Proud, Strength, and perhaps most importantly "Broad, Large."

Is it possible that King David himself was a type of the Davidic Servant who slew a Proud, large, monstrous soldier of the rebellion in the premortal war? Was he a general who, under the direction of Michael, led the armies of the righteous to victory, perhaps banishing the rebellious to a lower plane of existence, not but decree alone, but by the sword?
hi again,
1 note and 1 question x

1.Interestingly,the Hebrew word "כִּ֣ימֵי" is used in the original txt which should be translated as 'day". Therefore, following King James Bible translation,'verse 4' of the Isaiah 51:9 would go something like this:" Bestir yourself, as in the Ancient Days". Michael, as in Ancient(of)Days comes to mind, or is the choice of words a mere coincidence? :-?

2. How can you still believe James is The Davidic Servant? Is He the one that cut rahab? Daniel 10:21,12:1;Rev 12:7-8...

God bless, thanx a lot for all ur writings.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: The Davidic Servant Vs. Goliath Isaiah 51:9

Post by Alaris »

dafty wrote: May 29th, 2017, 3:30 pm
alaris wrote: May 29th, 2017, 2:21 pm I had a great PM discussion with Older / Wiser about how life mirrors the eternities and vice versa. I absolutely believe this - so many stories in the Old Testament mirror the eternities and eternal principles so accurately that it almost makes them more difficult to believe as they were achieved within the bounds of free agency (as opposed to limited agency for those who cringe at the adjective "free".)
O arm of Jehovah!
you who slew the dragon?

Isaiah Institute:

"storm," a sea monster
proud, strength
Also, from wikipedia:

hi again,
1 note and 1 question x

1.Interestingly,the Hebrew word "כִּ֣ימֵי" is used in the original txt which should be translated as 'day". Therefore, following King James Bible translation,'verse 4' of the Isaiah 51:9 would go something like this:" Bestir yourself, as in the Ancient Days". Michael, as in Ancient(of)Days comes to mind, or is the choice of words a mere coincidence? :-?

2. How can you still believe James is The Davidic Servant? Is He the one that cut rahab? Daniel 10:21,12:1;Rev 12:7-8...

God bless, thanx a lot for all ur writings.
So bestir yourself as the Ancient of Days? Maybe that means awake as Adam was commanded to awake! Very interesting! Might could be. That wouldn't necessarily change the meaning of the rest of the verse.

2. I can still believe it because James was someone of import in the premortal war was he not? Gileadi believes, as do I, that the Davidic Servant will ascend with the earth at the millennium. I personally believe he will ascend from level 6 to level 7 or archangel (see my thread on the 7 archangels 7 dispensations etc.) I believe the DS is he who is at the head of the seraphic order. James is the perfect fit as he is the first first counselor and with Peter and John was taken to Mount Transfiguration. It is my opinion that if John and James were not present then Peter would have seen the Father with no cloud present because Peter is already level 7, which is why Joseph Smith could both see and hear the father. So if that's true about James and John witnessing that father then two witnesses indeed.

Edit: James and John are cousins to Jesus and are therefore descendants of Jesse.

Edit edit: I talk about this a lot more in this thread :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45376

Edit edit edit :
Daniel 12:
5 ¶ Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
It is well known that time times and half a time is 3.5 years and relates exactly to these numbers in revelation:
Revelation 11:2, "42 months". Revelation 11:3, "1260 days". Revelation 12:6, "1260 days".
Revelation 11: 3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Daniel sees two men standing on either side of the river. The two witnesses... One is the DS or James. One is John.