If I fall back down...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Irrelevant
captain of 100

If I fall back down...

Post by Irrelevant »

I've always loved Ammon. As a young man I liked him because of how he defended King Lamoni's flocks and servants. As a missionary I loved his service-oriented approach to missionary work. Now I just love him as an all around good guy. Talk about a life of service.

Alma 27:17 Now the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full; yea, he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth.

Ammon wasn't the only one to fall down, though: Sherem; Alma and the sons of Mosiah, Alma being struck dumb and losing all strength; King Lamoni fell as if he were dead; Ammon, the Queen, and everyone in Lamoni's house except Abish; and then Ammon again... I know there are more but my goodness, people fell out a lot in the Book of Mormon. Some because of fear, others joy, still others when they understood the Gospel.

18 Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.

Wouldn't that make for an interesting sacrament meeting today...