They Will Sell Me for Silver and for Gold

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Yod
captain of 100

They Will Sell Me for Silver and for Gold

Post by Yod »

The key to understanding this passage is in remembering all the commandments of the Lord which he established by his own mouth among the Nephites in 3 Nephi 12-14.
3 Nephi 27
30 And now, behold, my joy is great, even unto fulness, because of you, and also this generation; yea, and even the Father rejoiceth, and also all the holy angels, because of you and this generation; for none of them are lost.

31 Behold, I would that ye should understand; for I mean them who are now alive of this generation; and none of them are lost; and in them I have fulness of joy.

32 But behold, it sorroweth me because of the fourth generation from this generation, for they are led away captive by him even as was the son of perdition; for they will sell me for silver and for gold, and for that which moth doth corrupt and which thieves can break through and steal. And in that day will I visit them, even in turning their works upon their own heads.
Questions:

1. Which commandments of Jesus Christ concern things which moth doth corrupt and which thieves can break through and steal, and what did he command concerning them?

2. How does someone sell Jesus Christ for silver and for gold and for that which moth doth corrupt and which thieves can break through and steal?

3. How does someone sell their signs and tokens for money?