The Law of God Is the Mark

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Yod
captain of 100

The Law of God Is the Mark

Post by Yod »

To sin means "to miss the mark."

It is helpful to note that John said: "Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin [missing the mark] is the transgression of the law."

To transgress the law of God is to miss the mark. This is what it means to sin.

The law of God is this: "all things whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, do ye even so unto them, for this is the law and the prophets." To do other than this is to miss the mark.

Therefore those who publicly claim it is missing the mark to focus on, teach, expound, or exhort the observance of the commandments and law of God - which happens to be the function of the priesthood (Alma 13) - are publicly declaring that they, themselves, are out of the way - missing the mark - and keep not his law nor his commandments. They are hypocrites.

"Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life."

Elefant
captain of 10

Re: The Law of God Is the Mark

Post by Elefant »

Centering on the law is missing the mark.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Centering on the law is what the jews tried and missed the mark.

Centering on Christ is the thing to do.

Romans 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

But as Paul states and as you said, the law does not become void. To fullfill the law is part of repentance by being crucified with Christ meaning abandoning your natural man.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galater 5:24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Keeping the law means crucify your natural man.