The Second Founding of Zion

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

The Second Founding of Zion

Post by LoveIsTruth »

The second founding of Zion is 2000 years after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is 200 years since the restoration of his Church in the latter days. And our calendar is 3 years off relative to the life of the Savior.

So will Zion, all but die and be resurrected at that time, and when it does, all the world combined will not be able to move her out of her place, for God will be there and He will defend her.

• "for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none shall be alone in his appointed times.
    What shall then answer the messengers of the nations? That the Lord hath founded Zion, and the poor of his people shall trust in it."
    (Isaiah 14:31-32; 2 Nephi 24:31-32)
Hence is the second founding, in preparation to the second coming. And the second coming is 2300 years after the first coming of the Savior.

The original post was here.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Second Founding of Zion

Post by LoveIsTruth »

It is also interesting that Joseph Smith will be resurrected in the year that he turns 222.

So, 2000, 200, and 222, are a lot of 2's associated with the 2nd founding of Zion.

:)

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

I think it is uncanny that 2000th anniversary of Jesus' death and resurrection coincides with 200th birthday of the Church!

Someone was planning ahead! And the symbolism is profound, because Zion will all but die and be resurrected at that time!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

LoveIsTruth wrote: May 25th, 2017, 9:04 am The second founding of Zion is 2000 years after the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is 200 years since the restoration of his Church in the latter days. And our calendar is 3 years off relative to the life of the Savior.

Why do you think our calendar is off by three-years?

I adjusted one-year in my 0030, 1830, 2030? thread to 2031 based on discussion there, and now seven years of prosperity doth align with the effection of our current president. 1830 no longer fits 200 years, but really there didn't seem any reason that it should, just "an interesting idea"; when I think that, I hear Orson Wells narration in Tales of Mystery and Imagination. Image

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

200th anniversary of the restoration of the church is 1830 + 200 = 2030. (See D&C 20:1)

Jesus death and resurrection occurred when he was 33. Our calendar is off by -3 years so that Jesus was born in the year -3 according to our flawed calendar, and the 2000th anniversary of his birth was actually in Apr 1997.

Therefore 2000 years since his death and resurrection is 33 + 2000 -3 = 2030.

Thanks.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LoveIsTruth wrote: May 30th, 2017, 10:43 am 200th anniversary of the restoration of the church is 1830 + 200 = 2030. (See D&C 20:1)

Jesus death and resurrection occurred when he was 33. Our calendar is off by -3 years so that Jesus was born in the year -3 according to our flawed calendar, and the 2000th anniversary of his birth was actually in Apr 1997.

Therefore 2000 years since his death and resurrection is 33 + 2000 -3 = 2030.

Thanks.
I believe I read the -3 years in a book, though I don't recall which book. =\