Baptism Order

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Baptism Order

Post by Silver »

Uh, yeah, I'd like an order of baptism with some confirmation on the side. And would you supersize that?
order.jpg
order.jpg (12.45 KiB) Viewed 371 times

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I agree that the ORDINANCES are to be done in order, and even the fire part generally follows the water. There have been exceptions, like a few times in the BoM.

Helaman 5 is one of those times. Note that the dissenters are the Nephites, not the Lamanites.
Also: 3 Nephi 9:20 And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost, even as the Lamanites, because of their faith in me at the time of their conversion, were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost, and they knew it not.

Another is the conversion of some of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies:
Alma 19:6 Now, this was what Ammon desired, for he knew that king Lamoni was under the power of God; he knew that the dark veil of unbelief was being cast away from his mind, and the light which did light up his mind, which was the light of the glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness—yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul, the cloud of darkness having been dispelled, and that the light of everlasting life was lit up in his soul, yea, he knew that this had overcome his natural frame, and he was carried away in God— ...
33 And it came to pass that when Ammon arose he also administered unto them, and also did all the servants of Lamoni; and they did all declare unto the people the selfsame thing—that their hearts had been changed; that they had no more desire to do evil.
34 And behold, many did declare unto the people that they had seen angels and had conversed with them; and thus they had told them things of God, and of his righteousness.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

So I talked about the supposed Helaman 5 exception and show that it is not an exception.

Perhaps I'm missing something but I don't see the baptism of fire in the Alma 19 example.