The most plain and most precious truth!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

The most plain and most precious truth!

Post by marc »

1 Nephi 13:24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God.

25 Wherefore, these things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the Gentiles, according to the truth which is in God.

26 And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.
Joseph Smith indeed restored the most plain and precious truth(s). The problem is since then, they have been obscured by correlation. Even most of Joseph's own contemporaries would not or could not embrace truth so simple and plain.
"There has been a great difficulty in getting anything into the heads of this generation. It has been like splitting hemlock knots with a corn-dodger for a wedge, and a pumpkin for a beetle. Even the Saints are slow to understand.” (DHC vol 6, p.184).
Hemlock knots are very dense; very hard. Joseph likened trying to teach the saints the most plain and precious truth to splitting these knots with a cornmeal dumpling for a wedge and a pumpkin for a mallet. All you do is squash the dumpling and destroy the pumpkin. And their heads, like knots of wood remain hard still.

Even some of the scriptures in the gospels and epistles declare plainly and so simply this truth, but people refuse to believe it. They complicate and correlate the hell out of it, or rather, into it, if I should use this analogy. But the Book of Mormon literally gives example after example, instance after instance, declaration after declaration what people simply refuse to accept. And I have witnessed it over and over and over again on this forum. But I will not leave you all in suspense. Like Nephi, I glory in plainness. I glory in truth. I glory in my JESUS.

The plain truth, which the abominable church (much more than the Catholic church or any other sect or organization), which is the body of Satan (anyone who fights again'st the body of Christ wherever they are) has covered up, denied, and correlated out of existence is this:

Every child of God that has ever lived, does live and will live may obtain a knowledge of the glory of God, which knowledge comes by Jesus manifesting Himself to him or her. In other words, to put it more simply: GOD WILL COME AND SHOW HIMSELF TO YOU. HE WILL LOVE YOU AND HE WILL MAKE HIS ABODE WITH YOU.

This is called receiving the OTHER COMFORTER. It happens when you make your calling and election sure. This doctrine is found in the New Testament, which is that book, which proceeded from the mouth of a Jew in plainness. This doctrine is found plainly over and over and over again in the Book of Mormon and reiterated plainly in the D&C. There are also examples in the Pearl of Great Price (Enoch, Moses).

There is no truth more plain or precious than this. This is the sum and summary of the "FULLNESS" of the gospel.
Lectures on Faith 2:54 We have now shown how it was that the first thought ever existed in the mind of any individual, that there was such a being as a God, who had created and did uphold all things: that it was by reason of the manifestation which he first made to our father Adam, when he stood in his presence, and conversed with him face to face, at the time of his creation.
Joseph Smith goes on to write:
55 Let us here observe, that after any portion of the human family are made acquainted with the important fact that there is a God who has created and does uphold all things, the extent of their knowledge, respecting his character and glory, will depend upon their diligence and faithfulness in seeking after him, until like Enoch the brother of Jared, and Moses, they shall obtain faith in God, and power with him to behold him face to face.
We see the perfect example of the brother of Jared in Ether chapter 3. It is so plain that a 12 year old deacon can understand it. The problem is all the corruption of the world, of the gentiles and even the correlation in our own church that buries this plain and precious truth.
Lecture 2 Question 146: How do men obtain a knowledge of the glory of God, his perfections and attributes?
By devoting themselves to his service, through prayer and supplication incessantly, strengthening their faith in him, until like Enoch, the brother of Jared, and Moses, they obtain a manifestation of God to themselves.
Knowledge saves. Knowledge comes when you have faith no longer. You have faith no longer when you part the veil and KNOW by covenant who it is that is saving you and covenanting with you. This was Moroni's plea to all who would read his record:
Ether 4:13 Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show unto you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief.

14 Come unto me, O ye house of Israel, and it shall be made manifest unto you how great things the Father hath laid up for you, from the foundation of the world; and it hath not come unto you, because of unbelief.

15 Behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind, then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you—yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant which he made unto your fathers, O house of Israel.
2 Nephi 32:4 Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.

5 For behold, again I say unto you that if ye will enter in by the way, and receive the Holy Ghost, it will show unto you all things what ye should do.

6 Behold, this is the doctrine of Christ, and there will be no more doctrine given until after he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh. And when he shall manifest himself unto you in the flesh, the things which he shall say unto you shall ye observe to do.
Jeremiah 29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Psalm 73:22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall
D&C 93:1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am
Moses 1:1 The words of God, which he spake unto Moses at a time when Moses was caught up into an exceedingly high mountain,

2 And he saw God face to face, and he talked with him, and the glory of God was upon Moses; therefore Moses could endure his presence.
"God hath not revealed anything to Joseph, but what He will make known unto the Twelve, and even the least Saint may know all things as fast as he is able to bear them."--Joseph Smith (History of the Church, 3:380)
What a beautiful and plain and precious truth!!

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The most plain and most precious truth!

Post by Sarah »

I certainly don't see our Church today burying this truth. I think there is nothing more our apostles desire that each member could be worthy of the Lord's presence. But there are many who have taken this truth to persuade people out of the Church, so if there is any push-back, it is because they have seen this happen time and time again, someone using this truth to get members to go about attaining this blessing the wrong way.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Does one take a light and hide it under a bushel? A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Perhaps burying truth is not accurate so much as not being diligent in holding a light up high for all to see. There is only one right way to attain this blessing and it is very plainly taught in scripture. In all fairness though, to my knowledge, the last time an apostle came close to teaching such truth over the pulpit was back in 1977.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

I have never known that to be obscure. But there is a straight and narrow path to trod upon, keeping all of God's commandments, being continually faithful, losing ones self in the service of others, having the love and charity of God towards our fellow man, having a broken heart and a contrite spirit, having an eye single to the glory of God, being full faith, not wavering to the right nor to the left, etc. Then by and by He will come and make His abode with you. And that is after the many trials of faith to prove you therewith...
But again as far as that information being hidden, it is all there for the asking or reading and studying.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

simpleton wrote: May 8th, 2017, 7:21 pm I have never known that to be obscure. But there is a straight and narrow path to trod upon, keeping all of God's commandments, being continually faithful, losing ones self in the service of others, having the love and charity of God towards our fellow man, having a broken heart and a contrite spirit, having an eye single to the glory of God, being full faith, not wavering to the right nor to the left, etc. Then by and by He will come and make His abode with you. And that is after the many trials of faith to prove you therewith...
But again as far as that information being hidden, it is all there for the asking or reading and studying.
I mean no disrespect and I ask sincerely: Are you speaking from experience? Did you obtain the other comforter by doing or accomplishing the things you've listed?

-Finrock

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Finrock wrote: May 8th, 2017, 8:40 pm
simpleton wrote: May 8th, 2017, 7:21 pm I have never known that to be obscure. But there is a straight and narrow path to trod upon, keeping all of God's commandments, being continually faithful, losing ones self in the service of others, having the love and charity of God towards our fellow man, having a broken heart and a contrite spirit, having an eye single to the glory of God, being full faith, not wavering to the right nor to the left, etc. Then by and by He will come and make His abode with you. And that is after the many trials of faith to prove you therewith...
I mean no disrespect and I ask sincerely: Are you speaking from experience? Did you obtain the other comforter by doing or accomplishing the things you've listed?

-Finrock
No I have not obtained the second comforter, and I apologize if that is how it seems, as by no means did I try to imply that thought. I am just saying that that information about the possibility of receiving the second comforter I have read about when I was a young child some 40 plus years ago and also here and there since. And l really do not feel that it is hidden per say. But from everything I have read it is not something to be obtained easily at all. As like Joseph said, God will wrench our very heartstrings and if we cannot stand it, then we are not worthy of Him, and/or rather not worthy to dwell with Him.
But as to what I wrote above, those are some of the requisites required (from my studies anyways) of qualifying to receiving the second comforter.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

marc wrote: May 8th, 2017, 6:32 pm Does one take a light and hide it under a bushel? A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Perhaps burying truth is not accurate so much as not being diligent in holding a light up high for all to see. There is only one right way to attain this blessing and it is very plainly taught in scripture. In all fairness though, to my knowledge, the last time an apostle came close to teaching such truth over the pulpit was back in 1977.

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... t?lang=eng
I guess the new trend is to find fault in the in the leadership of the church. What is it you do to bring souls to christ!??? They do nothing but bring myself and my family closer to the spirit , and countless​ others. Please don't be apart of this Generation of critics and hypocrites. Love the new prophets as you love the old prophets they are the same

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I agree with simpleton that it is not easy at all. Not everyone learns about these things as children in church. I didn't. And when I finally did as an adult, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever learned. Truly precious. If it is something that others hear about regularly in church, even over the pulpit, then that is wonderful! Nightlight, I am sorry that all you saw in my post is finding fault. If that is the case, then I am at a loss for words. The title is about something far from it. The post and all the scriptures included are about something far from it. What do I do to bring souls to Christ? Well, I am a foster and adoptive father, I have given and sold most all my possessions, to help the poor and needy, I am a volunteer, I teach in elder's quorum class, I visit people regularly, and I share my testimony wherever I go about Jesus Christ as I have on this forum.

It is easy to mistake my posts for criticism when all I've done is share the truth. Perhaps as Nephi declared, the righteous have I justified. Only the wicked take the truth to be hard. I do count myself wicked, however, and pray daily that the Lord forgives me of my sins. I am a recovering hypocrite! But as someone said on another thread, people receive what they are prepared to receive. Maybe it isn't the most precious truth after all to others. But to me it is, which is why I shared it precisely to do my part to help bring people closer to Christ. What could be plainer? Or more precious? Why is this not the subject of discussion and rejoicing when this is precisely what the topic is about?

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

I'm glad that for you it isn't obscure. And while I honestly can't say that it is or isn't for the majority of church members, here's an anecdote that tells me there's more we can do: my son was waiting to receive his endowments in the temple, and we were meeting with the temple president before the session. The president was talking about the endowment and what it means, and told my son that it represented meeting God after we die and pass through the veil. Since this was what I had believed all my life up until recently, I really couldn't say anything, but if this is what any temple president believes, there's no way we can conclude that this doctrine is NOT obscure.

I'm sure not all temple presidents believe this, but when we constantly refer to the veil as that thing that separates mortality from the spirit world, and not how the scriptures refer to it--as the veil of unbelief--I can see how this misconception continues to persist.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

Beautifully put, Marc.

I have had some testimony issues lately - not in the gospel but in putting my faith in the wrong things. I am re-reading Following the Light of Christ into His Presence which is being a huge help - and your post above also was exactly what I needed.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

You're welcome. Sharing what I have come to learn has made me unpopular, but I only care about what Jesus thinks of me. I testify to the world that He will speak to you. He is eager to speak to you. I know this because He has spoken to me and still speaks to me. He answers my prayers, both with blessings and with words. I'm nobody. My wisdom is foolishness. I am nothing. I am keenly aware of how flawed I am. But I know that Jesus Christ's grace makes up the difference. Listen with your "spiritual" ears. You may have already heard Him and not know it, mistaking His voice for your own thoughts. He will guide you back to Him as quickly as you are diligent to give heed to His counsel. Your faith will grow in proportion to your diligence in keeping His commandments and doing whatever He requires of you when you begin to discern His voice. The first fruits of faith is repentance, we know this from scripture. In my experience, some of the final fruits are praise (praising the Lord/singing praises/brimming with and shouting for joy) and knowledge (not of information, but rather knowledge as Enoch and Moses and the bro of Jared obtained knowledge, i.e. covenant relationship/beholding His face).

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Oh, I have heard Him, clearly. But I wasn't ready to sacrifice what I was told to sacrifice.

So two bad things happened.
The spirit withdrew.
In hindsight, I see that what I was being told to sacrifice was really for my benefit. It wasn't only a test to see if I would obey (a test I failed) but it really was instruction that would have progressed me in exactly the ways I need to.

I'm sure a lot of people would be appalled that someone would disobey a clear instruction from the Lord. I feel a lot of that way myself. But I also remember that even prophets have shied away from what they were told (Jonah, Moses, and others). Not that I excuse myself, but I still have too much natural man and I guess not as willing to lay everything on the altar as I thought. I know I need to get there, and I know the sooner I overcome this challenge and repent, the sooner I can begin progressing again. And I know even with all my faults He is right there, ready. But why would He teach me further until I have submitted in the sacrifice He requires (and again, I know it would be for my good to just do it.)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

I also understand that I was on the path to meeting with Him. I don't know that I was close, but I do know 100% that I was on the path.
It is line upon line, and I don;t think it will be a surprise when it happens. It will be an amazing and sacred event, but I was coming to realize that as the whispering of the spirit was becoming louder and clearer, once you have heard the voice clearly, are we taken by surprise to see the speaker?

I know I'll get there.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thank you for sharing your experience, OI. You're not alone. I have been very afraid to do some of the things the Lord has required of me. I even thought it might be the adversary. But one thing I have learned is to use the scriptures as precedent, but that too, made my obedience slower, but I was afraid of not being on sure footing. I mean, if it is not beneath the Lord to require Nephi to slay Laban or Abraham to sacrifice his own son, then we ought not fear being obedient. The real trick is having confidence that it is the Lord testing you and not the adversary deceiving you. But The Lord doesn't tend to toss us into the deep end at the start. God knows our hearts and He knows we won't always obey right away. But we must continually learn and move forward, whether in leaps and bounds or in baby steps.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

It wasn't fear and it wasn't concern about the source. I was simply asked to give up something I wasn't ready to. It's such a small thing I was asked that I am embarrassed to admit that I failed such a simple request. Compare Namaan being told to wash 7 times in the Jordan River. Not QUITE that minor but again I was asked to give up something that I enjoy, and didn't know if that sacrifice was intended to be temporary or permanent. I got the impression of "until further notice", and there was no promise that there would BE further notice.

I mourn because of the natural man that I still am.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

marc wrote: May 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm The real trick is having confidence that it is the Lord testing you and not the adversary deceiving you.
that does seem to be the trick. Anyone have any scripture references or advice on that?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Rensai wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:52 pm
marc wrote: May 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm The real trick is having confidence that it is the Lord testing you and not the adversary deceiving you.
that does seem to be the trick. Anyone have any scripture references or advice on that?
In my experience, it begins with remembering Jesus, keeping the commandments and doing good that you may have His Spirit to be with you. Moroni 7 is also a good reminder:
Moroni 7:10 Wherefore, a man being evil cannot do that which is good; neither will he give a good gift.

11 For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water; wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil.

12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.

15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.

19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.
D&C 121 is another:
D&C 121:45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.
I also like what the apostle Peter has to say:
2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

Post by diligently seeking »

...4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye MIGHT be *partakers of the divine nature*, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust...

This above verse especialy inspires praise in my heart...

Adam fell that man may be. Man is that he MIGHT have *JOY*

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

marc wrote: May 10th, 2017, 4:28 am
Rensai wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:52 pm
In my experience, it begins with remembering Jesus, keeping the commandments and doing good that you may have His Spirit to be with you. Moroni 7 is also a good reminder:
Moroni 7:10 Wherefore, a man being evil cannot do that which is good; neither will he give a good gift.

11 For behold, a bitter fountain cannot bring forth good water; neither can a good fountain bring forth bitter water; wherefore, a man being a servant of the devil cannot follow Christ; and if he follow Christ he cannot be a servant of the devil.

12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.

15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.

16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.

17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.

18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.

19 Wherefore, I beseech of you, brethren, that ye should search diligently in the light of Christ that ye may know good from evil; and if ye will lay hold upon every good thing, and condemn it not, ye certainly will be a child of Christ.
D&C 121 is another:
D&C 121:45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven.

46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of righteousness and truth; and thy dominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.
I also like what the apostle Peter has to say:
2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall
41 But if ye will nourish the word, yea, nourish the tree as it beginneth to grow, by your faith with great diligence, and with patience, looking forward to the fruit thereof, it shall take root; and behold it shall be a tree springing up unto everlasting life.
42 And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst.
43 Then, my brethren, ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Those who don’t seek the presence of the Lord will be lead into temptations.

3 Nephi 18:25 And ye see that I have commanded that none of you should go away, but rather HAVE COMMANDED THAT YE SHOULD COME UNTO ME, THAT YE MIGHT FEEL AND SEE; even so shall ye do unto the world; and WHOSOEVER BREAKETH THIS COMMANDMENT SUFFERETH HIMSELF TO BE LED INTO TEMPTATION.

After saying this, Jesus turns to the 12.

3 Nephi 18:26 And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words, he turned his eyes again upon the disciples whom he had chosen, and said unto them:

diligently seeking
captain of 1,000

“Oh! I beseech you to go forward, go forward and make your calling and your election sure; and if any man preach any other Gospel than that which I have preached, he shall be cursed; and some of you who now hear me shall see it, and know that I testify the truth concerning them.” TPJS, p. 366 Joseph Smith

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

2EstablishZion wrote: May 9th, 2017, 12:48 pm Beautifully put, Marc.

I have had some testimony issues lately - not in the gospel but in putting my faith in the wrong things. I am re-reading Following the Light of Christ into His Presence which is being a huge help - and your post above also was exactly what I needed.
I've read the book. It was helpful. Whatever the question is, Jesus Christ is the answer. Everyone else will let you down, but Jesus Christ will never let you down.
Isaiah 49:13 ¶ Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

14 But Zion said, The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.