Did Preppers get the slap down?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Did Preppers get the slap down?

Post by JK4Woods »

I noticed Pres. Eyeing laid out a clear definition of the "Gathering" for this generation.

Family history and temple work are the gathering for us in this time.

Doesn't sound like gathering and running to the mountains... (don't forget your tent!)... is included.

Did I hear Elder Holland slap down guns..?!?
I think I did.
Sounds like (as a former university president) he he thinks guns are not an answer. Personal opinion?

BTW... how many of the GA's have military /combat experience ??
Last edited by JK4Woods on April 2nd, 2017, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Re: Did Preppers get the slap down?

Post by mirkwood »

The tent city crowd got slapped down, not preppers as a whole. Just the extremists.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

I believe that the whole "NDE prophecies" got a slap down as well. Especially in the Sunday morning session. If you don't see what I'm saying listen to it again. It is clear that our Father in heaven and Savior Jesus Christ do not operate that way. I guess I could also make note that all NDE prophecies have not come to pass. Only my humble opinion, not passing judgment on others. One more session to go. What a great conference it has been.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Yes, yes they did. They got roasted the previous conference too when "extreme preparations" were conspicuously brought up.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The messages of this conference seemed to revolve around gaining a testimony, growing a strong faith, keeping the commandments, and serving. Nothing about anything bad in the future.

This obviously means that every single prophet in the scriptures and church who prophesied bad times before the Second Coming was a false propeht! Nothing bad is ever going to happen! We aren't hearing about preparation or food storage any longer, and we aren't even being counseled to avoid debt, therefore those instructions no longer apply. Eat, drink, and be merry!

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

brianj wrote: April 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm The messages of this conference seemed to revolve around gaining a testimony, growing a strong faith, keeping the commandments, and serving. Nothing about anything bad in the future.

This obviously means that every single prophet in the scriptures and church who prophesied bad times before the Second Coming was a false propeht! Nothing bad is ever going to happen! We aren't hearing about preparation or food storage any longer, and we aren't even being counseled to avoid debt, therefore those instructions no longer apply. Eat, drink, and be merry!
The Future is only bleak for those who do not walk with the Lord brianj.Go read Pres. Eyings talk in General Priesthood Mtg and you will see that there is nothing to fear for the spiritually sensitive. Only awe and wonder ahead. Dont let the gloom and doom crowd bring you down. Be of good cheer.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Mark wrote: April 5th, 2017, 7:28 pm
brianj wrote: April 5th, 2017, 7:09 pm The messages of this conference seemed to revolve around gaining a testimony, growing a strong faith, keeping the commandments, and serving. Nothing about anything bad in the future.

The Future is only bleak for those who do not walk with the Lord brianj.Go read Pres. Eyings talk in General Priesthood Mtg and you will see that there is nothing to fear for the spiritually sensitive. Only awe and wonder ahead. Dont let the gloom and doom crowd bring you down. Be of good cheer.
I AM of good cheer! Have you ever been sailing? I feel like I'm on a sloop with very dark clouds of a squall line ahead. It's going to be intense, time will feel like its passing more slowly in the storms, but in a strange way it will be enjoyable. And when we pass the squall, the sea and sky are much more beautiful in the calm and sunshine we'll find on the other side! I look forward to both parts, for the growth at comes from the challenge as well as the ideal conditions that will follow.

What I have an issue with is people claiming that nothing bad will happen or that we have no need or duty to prepare for the prophesied storms.

As I think of what the world will be like after the storm I find myself singing: "I hope they call me on a mission, when I have grown a gray or two..."