Grateful for Living Witnesses and Priesthood Keys

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
drtanner
captain of 1,000

Grateful for Living Witnesses and Priesthood Keys

Post by drtanner »

With general conference coming up I wanted express my gratitude for living prophets and priesthood keys. I know these men have been called by God to lead his church. Most important they are living witnesses of Christ and guardians of the doctrine. I can't help but feel the sincerity in the men and women who speak. I know they love God and have a desire to serve him. I just wish they would do a post game conference show like they do on sports center after a big game so we could hear some more commentary on the talks. :) Who would you pick as commentators? Anyway here are a couple quotes from our current apostles that I feel are good reminders as we look to learn from those who lead this church.

"Why don’t our talks in general conference and local meetings say more about the miracles we have seen? Most of the miracles we experience are not to be shared. Consistent with the teachings of the scriptures, we hold them sacred and share them only when the Spirit prompts us to do so…In bearing testimonies and in our public addresses we rarely mention our most miraculous experiences, and we rarely rely on signs that the gospel is true. We usually just affirm our testimony of the truthfulness of the restored gospel and give few details on how we obtained it."Dallin H Oaks "Miracles"

“These things I declare to you with the conviction Peter called the “more sure word of prophecy.” What was once a tiny seed of belief for me has grown into the tree of life, so if your faith is a little tested in this or any season, I invite you to lean on mine. I know this work is God’s very truth, and I know that only at our peril would we allow doubt or devils to sway us from its path. Hope on. Journey on. Honestly acknowledge your questions and your concerns, but first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.” Elder Holland April 2013 Conference