Everyone is Saved! Whether or not you are a member of the church!

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Everyone is Saved! Whether or not you are a member of the church!

Post by Thinker »

I respect that many people believe in Jesus as the mediator between them and a (loving?) God, but I personally, believe that Jesus taught differently. When called "Good Master" Jesus quickly corrected the man & said, "None is GOoD save one, that is god." I believe there are other clues that he really didn't want people putting him up on a pedestal, to be worshiped or used as a human sacrifice scapegoat. Maybe, but it just doesn't make sense to me logically, nor spiritually.

I do believe that God saves us by helping us see & feel as God would have us - rather than self-created hells we may get trapped in. I also believe that many of us damn ourselves - that is we get in habits of thinking or acting that hold us back (damn us) from moving on. And the way to get through extreme trials as well as to feel the love we all so desperately crave, is to trust in and love God with all our might, mind and strength - and we'll feel God's love & help when we do. This applies to everyone, no matter what ethnicity, religion or lack of. "God is no respector of persons" - God is love so God cannot help but love every one of his children. When we feel that God has turned away from us, it's just us who turned away.