The God Theorem

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The God Theorem

Post by LoveIsTruth »

ason123 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 9:11 am That's kind of like saying...
A=you
B=your mom
A-B=0 true
Therefore A=B ... And this is false because
B-A =/= 0
Makes sense? Right?
We are all one, friend.

So Yes, you are nothing without anyone, especially without God.
we without them cannot be made perfect; neither can they without us be made perfect. Neither can they nor we be made perfect without those who have died in the gospel also
(D&C 128:18)

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

LoveIsTruth,

Your supporting arguments are generally OK, it is your illogical extension of them, and your incomprehension of math that is bad.

Paul may want us to obtain the goal of having the same mind as God. That doesn't mean we have it now. Therefore, We are not equal to God

A NE B
QED A-B NE B-A
and B - A NE 0

It is perfectly true that man is nothing without God, but is NOT true that God is nothing without man. It is also not true that Man is equal to God!

If God had decided not to save Noah and his family, and just start over, he would still be God!
Worshiping him involves following his instruction: "be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect." (3 Nephi 12:48) That is the whole point. So He wants those circles overlapping.
I'm not sure whether you did not read or cannot understand my explanation of how completely you do not understand set theory. I do not think that explaining it again will clarify anything. I hope you have no plans on pursuing any mathematically related career!

Regards,

George Clay

san_sani4
captain of 10

Post by san_sani4 »

A=you
B=your mom
A-B=0 true
B-A =/= 0
Makes sense? Right?
It would be hard for my my mom to be my mom without me... :)
Jokes aside:

The main idea of this post is to show we wholeness, the oneness of all. The Earth, the Test, the "separation" of one from another - all of it is a grand illusion that many fall for. I do like it the way it is put in what LoveIsTruth is referring.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

san_sani4,

Math Rules!

I may not have intuitively recognized a sneaky effort to insert some "New Age" hippy dippy ideas into this forum as if they were LDS. Your inability to define a coherent Mathematical theorem eventually brought the fox in the hen house to light.
All things are inseparably and most fundamentally connected. We are all a part of one great and indivisible whole. This one great whole is the ONE consciousness, the one self-awareness, the ONE Great I Am, and we all share it. One consciousness, but many minds; it moves the planets and shines the stars, and it gives life and existence to them all.

And because we all share one consciousness, we are all most profoundly and most fundamentally connected, and therefore whatsoever we do to anyone, we are actually and inescapably, and ultimately doing it to ourselves!

http://www.eternalliberty.info/the-law-of-justice/

It is cute. Goes well with San Francisco and flowers in the hair, but is quite contrary to either Christian or LDS doctrine.

So as I said before your thinking is rubbish, both doctrinally and mathematically

The mask is off the fox!

Regards,

George Clay

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

Interesting article... thanks for sharing! I do think George Clay is right when he said that we may be STRIVING to be as God is, but that doesn't mean that we are there yet. It would be cocky to say we are God, when we are so imperfect. And therefore A doesn't equal B... at least not at this point. Having said all that it does not mean that we do not have the potential to progress to that point. Again, thanks for your thoughts.
LoveIsTruth wrote: March 28th, 2017, 9:16 am
A=you
B=your mom
A-B=0 true
B-A =/= 0
Makes sense? Right?
We are all one, friend.

So Yes, you are nothing without anyone, especially without God.
we without them cannot be made perfect; neither can they without us be made perfect. Neither can they nor we be made perfect without those who have died in the gospel also
(D&C 128:18)

ason123
captain of 50

Post by ason123 »

=)) =)) =)) Nice! Made me laugh. In regard to this article, I agree that we come from the same intelligence (God), and in harming others we do harm ourselves and will probably be made to feel how we made others feel at some point in the next life. This is because we have our agency and reap the consequences of our actions. However I don't believe that I am God. I believe He is a distinct (perfect) being apart from me. My Father in Heaven. We existed together in heaven, me as His child. Also, the purpose of life isn't ONLY to experience joy. It is to learn and grow and work our salvation out. It is to experience opposition and to overcome weakness. Needless to say, the whole theory doesn't sit quite perfectly with me. I will have to research it more, as it is very interesting, but it isn't complete or 100% accurate.
san_sani4 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 10:50 am
A=you
B=your mom
A-B=0 true
B-A =/= 0
Makes sense? Right?
It would be hard for my my mom to be my mom without me... :)
Jokes aside:

The main idea of this post is to show we wholeness, the oneness of all. The Earth, the Test, the "separation" of one from another - all of it is a grand illusion that many fall for. I do like it the way it is put in what LoveIsTruth is referring.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 9:43 am Paul may want us to obtain the goal of having the same mind as God. That doesn't mean we have it now. Therefore, We are not equal to God
Ultimately we are.

This is why God is doing all that he does. So ultimately the theorem is perfectly correct.

You cannot cease to exist, therefore you are never truly nothing and never without God. One does not exist without the other: neither we without God, nor God without us.

If he did not love us as himself, he would cease to be God, for possessing such love is prerequisite to being God.

So God seems to strongly disagree with you. And why would he love us as himself if we ultimately were not as himself? This simply makes no sense.

Thanks.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

san_sani4 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 10:50 am
A=you
B=your mom
A-B=0 true
B-A =/= 0
Makes sense? Right?
It would be hard for my mom to be my mom without me... :)
Ha ha ha! =))
san_sani4 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 10:50 amJokes aside:

The main idea of this post is to show the wholeness, the oneness of all. The Earth, the Test, the "separation" of one from another - all of it is a grand illusion that many fall for.
Wow! Brilliant, and exactly right! That is the "test" to see through the illusion!
Last edited by LoveIsTruth on March 28th, 2017, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

LoveIsTruth,
gclayjr wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:43 am
Paul may want us to obtain the goal of having the same mind as God. That doesn't mean we have it now. Therefore, We are not equal to God
Ultimately we are.

This is why God is doing all that he does. So ultimately the theorem is perfectly correct.
Do you wear Birkenstocks? Do you burn Incense? Do you regularly consult with a Guru? Do you hug trees?

Regards,

George Clay

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 11:33 amMath Rules!
It surely does. Math is the truth.
gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 11:33 am I may not have intuitively recognized a sneaky effort to insert some "New Age" hippy dippy ideas into this forum as if they were LDS.
LDS has no monopoly on the truth, only on the keys of the priesthood.

In fact, Jesus himself said that the greatest, and therefore the most important truth's of the gospel are specifically excluded from the canon, as per his instruction, to prove church members, so they may not be arrogant, but humble enough to recognize and accept the eternal truth no matter from what source it comes.

In the words of Brigham Young (and I paraphrase): There is truth even in hell, and a lot of it. Latter day saints are duty bound to accept the truth no matter the source. He also said that truth from hell is as true as the truth from heaven, only heaven has more of it.

As for Jesus excluding the greatest truth from the canon, here is the proof:
14 And it came to pass that he did teach and minister unto the children of the multitude of whom hath been spoken, and he did loose their tongues, and they did speak unto their fathers great and marvelous things, even greater than he had revealed unto the people; and he loosed their tongues that they could utter.
16 Behold, it came to pass on the morrow that the multitude gathered themselves together, and they both saw and heard these children; yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things; and the things which they did utter were forbidden that there should not any man write them.
18 And many of them saw and heard unspeakable things, which are not lawful to be written.

(3 Nephi 26:14,16, 18)
gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 11:33 am
All things are inseparably and most fundamentally connected. We are all a part of one great and indivisible whole. This one great whole is the ONE consciousness, the one self-awareness, the ONE Great I Am, and we all share it. One consciousness, but many minds; it moves the planets and shines the stars, and it gives life and existence to them all.

And because we all share one consciousness, we are all most profoundly and most fundamentally connected, and therefore whatsoever we do to anyone, we are actually and inescapably, and ultimately doing it to ourselves!

http://www.eternalliberty.info/the-law-of-justice/

It is cute. Goes well with San Francisco and flowers in the hair, but is quite contrary to either Christian or LDS doctrine.
You do not know Christian doctrine. I can prove what it says from the scripture. Can you? :)

It is similar to how Jews thought they knew the Law of Moses so well, that they persecuted Jesus who gave the law in the first place.
Last edited by LoveIsTruth on March 28th, 2017, 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

ason123 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 11:50 am Interesting article... thanks for sharing! I do think George Clay is right when he said that we may be STRIVING to be as God is, but that doesn't mean that we are there yet.
Agreed. However this is not what I am talking about. A child may not be able to tie his shoes, but in the eyes of a loving parent he has no less value than the parent. So is God. He sees the truth, the end from the beginning, the way things relay are. And he gave his life for you (and everyone), because in his correct view, you have the same value as himself. And He is right.

This is why he loves you as himself, because ultimately, he understands that he is all, and all are him, and we are all one.
"if ye are not one [or if ye do not understand that ye are one] ye are not mine." (D&C 38:27)
Thanks for your post.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

ason123 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 12:11 pmIn regard to this article, I agree that we come from the same intelligence (God), and in harming others we do harm ourselves and will probably be made to feel how we made others feel at some point in the next life. This is because we have our agency and reap the consequences of our actions.
Did you ever think why the law of Justice even exists?

I ask you, is it not the direct consequence of the fact that, ultimately, there are no "others," therefore the law of Justice is a simple consequence of the fact that we are all one, even ONE consciousness, therefore whatsoever you do to anyone you are actually doing it to yourself?

In fact, the commandment to love others as self is the only sane course of action precisely because there are no "others." It is all you, even though you may not see it yet. But you will.

In fact, the entire fabric of the Gospel, including the numerous assertions of the Savior like this one:
I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one (D&C 93:3)
make sense only because of, and are directly derived from, the truth's I am talking about.
ason123 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 12:11 pmHowever I don't believe that I am God. I believe He is a distinct (perfect) being apart from me. My Father in Heaven. We existed together in heaven, me as His child.
That is perfectly fine, but it is only a part of a truth. The whole truth is one level deeper.

And God lives by it.

In fact, it is the reason for all his laws and commandments, and understanding it, is what makes him a God.
ason123 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 12:11 pmAlso, the purpose of life isn't ONLY to experience joy. It is to learn and grow and work our salvation out. It is to experience opposition and to overcome weakness.
God said:
men are, that they might have joy. (2 Nephi 2:25)
The purpose of life is ONE, and it is joy.

We "learn and grow and work our salvation out" and "experience opposition and overcome weakness" only for that ONE purpose, because it is Joy.
ason123 wrote: March 28th, 2017, 12:11 pmNeedless to say, the whole theory doesn't sit quite perfectly with me. I will have to research it more, as it is very interesting,
Fair enough. Think about it. This is the purpose of this Forum after all. :)

Thanks.

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 1:33 pm LoveIsTruth,
... Do you hug trees?
No. But maybe I should ;)

san_sani4
captain of 10

Post by san_sani4 »

LoveIsTruth wrote: March 28th, 2017, 3:03 pm
gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 1:33 pm LoveIsTruth,
... Do you hug trees?
No. But maybe I should ;)
He-he... good point, given we are all ONE, without regard if humans or not! :)

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

san_sani4, LoveIsTruth

Who are the people behind http://www.eternalliberty.info/the-law-of-justice/? You seem to be shills for them. I see that they have a nice picture of Jesus Christ on their page. They babble like they are trying to create some libertarian religion with LDS sounding terms. Is this another one of those organizations that fringe Mormons create like the one Amonhi is involved with that pushes some heretical ideas about making your C&E made sure by following principles quite contrary to those of the LDS church? Certainly on this site, underneath the candy coating, are promoted ideas that are neither Christian, nor LDS doctrine.

for example again

Is neither Christian nor LDS. It certainly explains why you lead off with some stupid equation that states that man is equal to God the father; a most satanic concept.

Who are these guys?

Regards,

George Clay

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 4:16 pmIs this another one of those organizations that fringe Mormons create like the one Amonhi is involved with that pushes some heretical ideas about making your C&E made sure by following principles quite contrary to those of the LDS church?
I have no idea who that is. But I have a feeling that you would call Jesus himself a "fringe Mormon!"
gclayjr wrote: March 28th, 2017, 4:16 pmCertainly on this site, underneath the candy coating, are promoted ideas that are neither Christian, nor LDS doctrine.

for example again

Is neither Christian nor LDS. It certainly explains why you lead off with some stupid equation that states that man is equal to God the father; a most satanic concept.
Ha ha ha! Nice! When they call you Satan for promoting the doctrines of Christ, then you know you are on the right track!

As Jesus put it:
It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?
(Matthew 10:25)

Handond
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Handond »

I love a good motivational speaker. I especially love when they are speaking of something that fits well with Christianity. A Christian motivating other Christians is so edifying. Take a look at these motivational quotes that I found http://ghinsberg.com/motivational-speaker/

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

LoveIsTruth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by LoveIsTruth »

Love this!
Lauren Daigle - You Say

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know

You say I am loved
When I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong
When I think I am weak
You say I am held
When I am falling short
When I don’t belong
You say I am Yours
And I believe I believe
What You say of me
I believe

The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity
You say I am loved When I can’t feel a thing You say I am strong When I think I am weak You say I am held When I am falling short When I don’t belong You say I am Yours And I believe I believe What You say of me I believe
Taking all I have and now I’m laying it at Your feet
You have every failure, God, and You’ll have every victory
Oh, I believe
Yes, I believe
What You say of me
Oh, I believe

san_sani4
captain of 10

Post by san_sani4 »

Thank you, very touching!

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

I am curious if anyone in this post has come up with this:

A + B = 1

san_sani4
captain of 10

Post by san_sani4 »

Craig Johnson wrote: November 20th, 2018, 6:41 am I am curious if anyone in this post has come up with this:

A + B = 1
Can you elaborate, please?

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

san_sani4 wrote: November 20th, 2018, 9:38 am
Craig Johnson wrote: November 20th, 2018, 6:41 am I am curious if anyone in this post has come up with this:

A + B = 1
Can you elaborate, please?
I will try, I am not a great math person so keep that in mind.
The original post here says A=you, B=God, Nothing=0, A-B=0, and A=B (underlined).
I immediately thought well what about A+B? Then I looked at the other posts and could not find this so I asked.
It seems clear to me that God seeks oneness with all.
Therefore, if I am one with God then A + B = 1.
Does that work?

san_sani4
captain of 10

Post by san_sani4 »

Craig Johnson wrote: November 20th, 2018, 3:02 pm The original post here says A=you, B=God, Nothing=0, A-B=0, and A=B (underlined).
I immediately thought well what about A+B? Then I looked at the other posts and could not find this so I asked.
It seems clear to me that God seeks oneness with all.
Therefore, if I am one with God then A + B = 1.
Does that work?
Oh, I totally see now what you mean :)

My understanding of that part would belong to a little bit different part of the math world. It belongs to a "group theory". Let me do a little introduction of what I have in mind to support your thinking. In a sense :)

In this case, the idea is as follows:

Group A: { a, c }, one of us.
Group B: { a, b, c }, God with all the perfected traits.
Members of one group (A) are one by one present in group B.
Result: Group A is equal or included in B.

Group A: { a, c, d }
Group B: { a, b, c }
Result: Group A is not equal or included in B.

The special case we are interested in is:
Group A: {a, b, c}
Group B: {b, a, c}
Members of group B are one by one included in group A. Also, at the same time, members of group A are all included in group B.
Result: Groups A and B are equal

Ok. Now going back to God analogy.
We know that God is perfect. This means that God a collection of all the good traits, perfected, with no bad ones included. (Think traits / characteristics - are members of a group).
We can have some of the good traits, and those traits would be part of the perfect whole (1 in this case).
So - our traits would be included in the group of God's traits. But going opposite direction, we do not have all the traits perfectly developed as God has. As a result, all God's traits are not included in us. (This is in our state of being as of now - our potential is truly equal to God's as we are going to develop those traits perfectly, it is just going to take... like forever).

So, going back to your analogy, and expanding a little bit:
Think of a perfect whole as "1", and God being so perfect, that He is for all means and purposes the "1".
Now, see Moses 1:39 and what God is doing, the objective.
All the beings that have been created by God are carrying a part of God's essence inside, if God stops creating - He is no longer God. He needs us as we need Him. And the objective is to bring us about and develop us, all our traits to match His. Jesus, for example, have achieved this already: D & C 93:3

So A + B = 1 kind of yes and no, as in group sense it would be:

{a, b, c} + {b, c, a} -> {a, b, c}

So the A is worked hard on, to make the traits collection to be as the one in B.
So I would change the formula as follows:

A -> B = 1

I hope it makes sense :)

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

You lost me.