Ensign--My Favorite Part

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Ensign--My Favorite Part

Post by JohnnyL »

I was reading Latter-Day Voices this morning and wished as I've done many times, that 3/4 of the Ensign were Latter-Day Voices, lol. It's really the only part that I know I'll enjoy every time, without fail, and is the first thing I read. Do you think the church would ever entertain the thought of changing the Ensign like that? =p~

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Ensign--My Favorite Part

Post by Silver Pie »

That part has always been my favorite part, especially when they have had powerful miracles there (like the one many years ago about the car that hit the little boy. The car even had a dent in it from the impact, but the boy was unhurt).

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Is it the stories? the faith? seeing the hand of God? I don't know, but I feel the Spirit reading it more than any other part.

I found this WONDERFUL way of reading them: https://www.lds.org/ensign/series/latte ... e&dir=desc

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The stories were definitely interesting, but I think-for me-the pull was seeing God's hands in people's lives. It testified of the reality of God, and of the reality of God being involved with our lives.

Cool link. I didn't know about that. That's an excellent way to read and reread them.