The First Vision - Video

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
cyclOps
captain of 1,000

The First Vision - Video

Post by cyclOps »

Some of you may have seen this video before since it's been played at the Church History Museum since October 2015, but it has now been released online. I like the video and the incorporation of all accounts of the first vision.

I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ as he said he did. I know that he was chosen to restore the Gospel, priesthood authority, and to establish Christ's church again upon the earth. I know he was in possession of the ancient records of past prophets which he translated by the power of God and we have today as another testament of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon.

What are your thoughts? What has the Holy Ghost testified to you?

https://history.lds.org/story/first-vision

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The First Vision - Video

Post by Robin Hood »

I like it.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Here is some history behind the 1832 account viewtopic.php?p=553728#p553728

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

LDScop wrote: March 5th, 2017, 10:28 am Some of you may have seen this video before since it's been played at the Church History Museum since October 2015, but it has now been released online. I like the video and the incorporation of all accounts of the first vision.

I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ as he said he did. I know that he was chosen to restore the Gospel, priesthood authority, and to establish Christ's church again upon the earth. I know he was in possession of the ancient records of past prophets which he translated by the power of God and we have today as another testament of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon.

LDScop,

How did you come to possess this knowledge that you speak of?

-Finrock

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Finrock wrote: March 13th, 2017, 9:04 am
LDScop wrote: March 5th, 2017, 10:28 am Some of you may have seen this video before since it's been played at the Church History Museum since October 2015, but it has now been released online. I like the video and the incorporation of all accounts of the first vision.

LDScop,

-Finrock
Last edited by kittycat51 on May 25th, 2017, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

kittycat51 wrote: March 13th, 2017, 10:38 am

LDScop,

-Finrock
I just don't get it. As I have read your posts over the past several months I find myself expressing the various emotions of wow, (as in sometimes good) face-palm, what the heck, raised eye-brows, head-shaking etc. A couple of things come to my mind. I have been taught by a very wise father that good and evil parallel each other on this earth. As long as there is one in the world there is the other. So as long as there are good people on this forum sharing what's in their hearts, there will also be those who question, mock, or slyly tell them they are incorrect to believe so and try to persuade them otherwise. You seem to be VERY knowledgeable about the Church, and your posts seem well thought out and written, but many things are twisted enough to steer gently off course, almost cunningly. This is what I truly don't get because if you and others on this forum are against the church, former members, jack-mormons, or whatever, why waste your time lurking here period? Don't you have better things to do with your time, or is all about sticking it to the Church? (Very Christ-like) What motivates you? My last thought and what sticks out the most in my mind are there are several Korihor's lurking here....

Climbing of soap box.
What?

EDIT: To be more clear that "What?" is implying confusion on my part. I'm confused by your response to my question to LDScop.

-Finrock

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

LDScop,

-Finrock
By the process used to gain a testimony of things not seen but which are true.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

LDScop wrote: March 13th, 2017, 6:01 pm

LDScop,

-Finrock
By the process used to gain a testimony of things not seen but which are true.
Thanks. I'm curios and interested in understanding how you obtained knowledge. Its pretty amazing when you think about it. None of us can remember being there even if we were there. I Hus was a private experience of Joseph Smith and you are know that what Joseph experienced is true as if you were an eye witness and capable of being in Joseph's mind and heart when Joseph experienced the event. How did you come to know this, not t just believe, but know it as if it happened to you? You mind sharing how that happened? Are you saying in general, or did you obtain this very specific knowledge? Meaning, are you saying that you know this because you have a testimony of the Church and Joseph Smith, or you had some other specific experience where in you somehow obtained or received this knowledge.

I hope you don't mind sharing. I'm assuming you have had some spiritual experience and I undertstand that these can be private, but it would be very interesting to me to have an idea how this knowledge was obtained by you. Thanks.

-Finrock

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

I'm not sure I understand why you are so interested in how it happened to me specifically, meaning how I gain or gained a testimony of truth.

Since you want honesty, are you asking because you doubt me or doubt Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw? Or because you want to catch me in my words or make a comment about the goosebump gang... etc? I've been on this forum a few years and know how things operate here for some.

Do you have a testimony of anything? Please share.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

LDScop wrote: March 13th, 2017, 6:58 pm I'm not sure I understand why you are so interested in how it happened to me specifically, meaning how I gain or gained a testimony of truth.

Since you want honesty, are you asking because you doubt me or doubt Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw? Or because you want to catch me in my words or make a comment about the goosebump gang... etc? I've been on this forum a few years and know how things operate here for some.

Do you have a testimony of anything? Please share.
I have no other purpose than what I have stated. I have no ill intent.

-Finrock